Nude posting

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 08:22 am
farmer Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 09:01 am
Roberta wrote:
Sympathetic to the heat. Hate the heat. Poor down-under babies.

Doesn't anybody have AIR-CONDITIONING?

I was wondering that myself Roberta.

I'm going to show some ignorance here....

I'm looking at a weather map of oz, and see where it's hotter in the West...but, don't most people live in the East?

I'm looking at the countries map for the week to come, and seeing the highs around the country ranges from 33C (92F) in the East to 40C (104F) in the West.

That sounds like a pretty typical August here in central Texas.

Is it that this heat wave has gone on a long long time and is wearing on everyone?

A few years back, we had a summer where it got over 100F every day for a month, and tempers were fraying.

Re Air conditioning.... Confused ....it does sound, from the posts here, that it's not common.

Yes, it contributes to global warming, but the ones being made today are so much more efficient.

For years we made due with 2 window shakers for a house of about 1400 square feet. Yes, it was not as comfortable, and the cost was high.....when we remodeled to 2000 square feet, we obviously bought an efficient central unit, and it's far superior in cooler a much larger area, and uses far less energy than the 2 circa 1970ish window units.

When it's 104 here, we keep the air at 78, and it's comfortable. It cyles on and off during periods of heavy usage in the city, so we don't have hardly any electric going down.

Surely Oz has the same system?

People wouldn't have to worry about being able to cool themselves if corporations would get their act together.

Just wondering.....please educate me.

Edit:
I'm looking at another oz thread re it being 110F in the shade...so believe me, I'm not disbelieving it's really hot and bad...just wondering about the AC situation, and if it's not that common to have.
0 Replies

vid

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 12:28 pm
No way! The window by my PC is too overlooked.

I'm also wondering why AC isn't in every home, if that sort of heat is experienced every year.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 12:40 pm
I'm interested in the ac situation too. Never had it before living here in Heatzone City in my seventh decade of life, and I have a swamp cooler here. It's not an energy hog, and I use it only in the hottest two to three months not many hours of the day. It will bring the 100+ degree heat down to 83 or 84. However, swamp coolers don't work well when it is humid, so that's my next question... how's the humidity in Oz?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 02:33 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Im not in Oz, but I dont wear cloths very often at all.

Well, I can understand why - cloths would be very difficult to keep on.

Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 03:08 pm
Some people have air-conditioning, some don't....shrugs...

I have it, but feel guilty about the global warming emissions, so I'd rather wear no clothes and not cool the place down so much.

Also, it's kind of yucky to be in.

I just replaced the fan the cats broke, so I hope to use that more and the air con less.

At work, I am in an old building, and it is gradually becoming very uncomfortable in the upper floors where I am.

I don't know what "swamp air-conditioning" is.

If it's evaporative you mean, Oz is a big country.....evaporative is ok in some places, not in others...and ok sometimes where I am, for instance.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 03:12 pm
That's what it is, Deb.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 03:25 pm
ossobuco wrote:
That's what it is, Deb.

Aaaah...it's great when it works, and I much prefer it to refrigerated.

My neighbours put it in where I was before, and it was lovely....until it got muggy of course. I love it because you have windows open, and it tends to exclude dust and dirt, and because it uses so much less power.

All responsible people here are trying to use less power...I believe we are the worst greenhouse gas producers in the world, after you guys (though you have far more impact, because there are so many of you.)

Good house and building design is attempting to control internal climate in other ways...while great tracts of housing which is utterly crazy in our climate go up!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 05:37 pm
dlowan wrote:

I have it, but feel guilty about the global warming emissions, so I'd rather wear no clothes and not cool the place down so much.

I just replaced the fan the cats broke, so I hope to use that more and the air con less.

At work, I am in an old building, and it is gradually becoming very uncomfortable in the upper floors where I am.

If it's evaporative you mean, Oz is a big country.....evaporative is ok in some places, not in others...and ok sometimes where I am, for instance.

I had told everyone Aussies are enviromental freaks!
The quoted post is the ultimate proof of the extent of their uncivilized pervertion.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 05:44 pm
never posted nekkid... but i have turned on the pc nekkid, fresh outta the shower...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 06:10 pm
I never thought to stimulate my computer that way..
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 09:13 pm
fbaezer wrote:
dlowan wrote:

I had told everyone Aussies are enviromental freaks!
The quoted post is the ultimate proof of the extent of their uncivilized pervertion.

What in hell is a perverTion????????????
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 10:40 pm
dlowan wrote:

It's a typical perversion from down under (ya know), I mean it's so retorted it distorts everything... perhaps from too much exposure to heat, external, internal & infernal.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 12:14 am
<emails>

We have a window style aircon. I refuse to use it. People survived quite well before aircon.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 12:25 am
Sure, I've posted nekkid, but who the f cares, she says, smiling.

There is an age cut off point, natch, and that can move, re lascivious nude posting. Lessee, as it's moving on in years.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 12:30 am
Oh my god! You people! Shield my eyes!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 01:38 am
dadpad wrote:
<emails>

We have a window style aircon. I refuse to use it. People survived quite well before aircon.

It was horrible.

fbaezer wrote:
dlowan wrote:

It's a typical perversion from down under (ya know), I mean it's so retorted it distorts everything... perhaps from too much exposure to heat, external, internal & infernal.

So...it's some, like, Mexican thang?

You folk are so colourful...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 01:48 am
Talk to me again about this when you are 76 and frail, dadpad. Not that I am, but I'm close enough to that. I called re getting my swamp cooler turned on when I got the idea that I might be endangering myself by not doing that. Not good for me to have the house inside at 94, though I could deal with that not all so long ago.

What are you thinking, get rid of the oldies, for eco reasons?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 02:15 am
Edit, as I don't agree with my post, eh.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 07:43 am
dadpad wrote:

People survived quite well before aircon.

Well, people survived, but I question on whether they survived well.

What osso said re tolerating heat doesn't necessarily go for those above a certain age.

I believe some people are just not genetically equipped to deal with the heat.

Only speaking for myself...I remember as a child, meaning 4 onwards, into adulthood...I can't tolerate heat and become ill.

From 4 until into my late teens, we didn't use air much, or at all. The temperature in summer rarely got much over 90, once in a while a real "heat wave" up to 95 or so. Each year I would cry knowing summer was coming, and lived in dread of those months. It wasn't a matter of acclimating to it, I've tried for years.

But enough about me and my personal intolerance of heat....I agree in conserving energy and lowering greenhouse gases. I do think some people use their air conditioning far too much (I once worked weekends at the managment office of an apt complex. Once, in Feb, when the temp outside was in the low 60's, someone came in and complained their air wasn't working...open the window idiot)

However, I don't believe near as much progress would have been made in the world without allowing people to work in some comfort. Especially when most of the emissions are coming from other sources that large corps could be working on.
Perhaps we should be discussing China and their spewage into the air.

From what the responses have been so far in oz, it does seem having A/C is not a common thing. True?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Nude posting
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 05:28:49