Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 09:50 am
Hello,

I want to know what Dutchy thinks of the Editor's Challenge series that has appeared in the Lovatt's Crossword books. Specifically, the Colossus magazine. The latest one was hard but I could solve it (eventually with great trouble) and I want to discuss my answers but no body has responded. I hoped Dutchy would tell me his thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 701 • Replies: 4
No top replies

lmur

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 01:29 pm
Dutchy has indicated that he'll be offline for a week or so around Christmas, so don't be surprised if he doesn't respond for a few days.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:09 am
Hi Crypticheadache

Just to put you in the picture I don't do the Editor's challenges! I have enough problems solving the prize cryptics. LOL Crosswords are my forte but as far as cryptics are concerned I'm a mere beginner. I usually solve them with the help of some friends.
0 Replies

Crypticheadache

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 01:28 am
Thanks for your reply, Dutchy! I quite like the added challenge of the Editor's ones but I can't find anyone else to discuss answers.

Oh well, I'll struggle on!
0 Replies

grannylynne

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 02:46 am
Hi Crypticheadache

I love the cryptics; always go for them first. I managed the very first Editor's Challenge (easy they said). The Love and Marriage one I had a lot of trouble with; but the last one (about money I think) got started easily and slowed down. Eventually though I got them all and am looking forward to the next one.
0 Replies