What's on your agenda for 2008?

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 02:51 am
Having gone through a major shift in the last two years, my goals and perspectives have changed drastically.

I've realized that Life can be gone at the snap of your fingers, so why not live life while you're living it?

Sometimes we get stuck in our ruts and don't think beyond our conventional boundaries. I don't want any regrets that I didn't challenge myself and live life to the fullest.

I want more adventure, fun, stimulation, people, and experiences in my life. I plan to work hard for 9 months and then holiday for three - travel is key; travel and be with friends and family.

Yeah, do exciting things, go different places, meet interesting people, eat new things... for me, this next year or two is all about change, moves, and newness.

I'm taking my Level 3 First Aid in January, going to pass (yes, I am), will attend a Mining Conference at the end of that month to talk my way into a bloody good-paying job for 8-9 months, then go to Hawaii with some family before I start work. I'll come back, work like a dog till October, then go to Costa Rica and parts unknown, then back to the Conference in 2009 to do it all again.

I'd love to hook up and travel with Clary, maybe nip over to the UK to visit some of those irasicble Brits/Scots, down to the States on a driving A2K tour, and who knows what else? Very Happy Work hard, play hard, live hard, that's where it's at for me right now.

So, A2K friends, what's 2008 all about for you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,957 • Replies: 40
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 05:46 am
gathering, saving, health, comfort, acceptance.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:59 am
1. Talk Mame into including NC on her travel itinerary.

2. Use the other 4 weeks of vacation time I didn't use this year.

3. Cruise or Beach vacation with the kids - I'm letting them decide which and where this morning.

4. Lose weight.

5. Stop smoking.

That should get me started. I'm sure somewhere along the line I'll work on the inner me.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 07:20 am
On my agenda:

Convince Mame that a visit to the Big Apple is essential to expanding a person's horizons. (There might be some truth to that, but mostly I'd like to meet her.)

Get some retraining and find steady employment. (I aspire to eke.)

Try to get out more and meet new people. (Even if they're old. )

Stop smoking. (Maybe Squinney and I can do this together.)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 08:15 am
Italy if we can afford it.

Learn something at work, probably take Microsoft certification exam.

Try to see family more often.

Read more, write more.

Start some exercise (probably batting cages or the like), other than walking.

Cook more, eat at home more.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 03:36 pm
Squinney, Roberta - I would love to come and meet both of you, so if we can work it in, let's! Not much arm-twisting needed Very Happy I'll do all the travelling Smile But wouldn't it be great to get the three (or more) of us together?! As soon as I know what's going on, I'll be in touch, and that's a promise.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 04:04 pm
Mame--

Let me know the NYC dates--I may be able to get away.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 04:11 pm
Mame, I like your ideas. I've got so much more growing to do and hoping that I've learned from my past life experiences.

Travel is a big thing for me, but my spousal mainenance runs out and I'm a little nervous about spending. May have to just suck it up and work some overtime. Costa Rica was on my wish list for 2008 as well as a cycling trip from Vienna to Prague. I guess I better get my bike out!

I'd like to do more hiking and running and be the best mom I can be.

Also, a date would be nice.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 04:24 pm
Written on my agenda 2008 in big letters: Take one day at a time!

I don't want to think about yesterday or tomorrow - just today, and today
only! It's harder than one might think, but it's something I'll work on.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 05:31 pm
We'll be getting our oldest daughter settled in college in the fall and the younger one will begin college visits next summer.

We'll start giving serious consideration to larger changes and perhaps bigger moves once they're both off in school.

In the meantime, 2008 looks to be busy with work and as many trips to New Orleans as we can manage.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:07 pm
What's in NO, JPB? And you're lucky your kids are off to school - good for them! You must feel gratified and proud.

Just had a convo with my 24 yr old son about mutual funds, RRSPs, flow-throughs, IPOs, and other money/tax issues, etc and he makes me proud and makes me laugh - I mean, he should be concerned with keeping the most money possible from the govt (in a legal way, of course) -- but he's been talking this way (asking advice and info) for the last 10 yrs and now he's finally making the bucks so it's all coming to fruition.

It's so fun watching your kids grow up.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:49 pm
Hopefully getting some of my wife's physical problems sorted out, maybe even resolved.

Got my eye out for another job.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:54 pm
Mame wrote:
What's in NO, JPB?

It's so fun watching your kids grow up.

The best food, friendliest people, greatest music, and possibly our next home town. We love it there and would move there in a heartbeat.

Yes, watching them grow up has been fun and rewarding. Watching them take the next steps will be even more so Smile

Best wishes to Mrs Reyn and good luck on your job search, Reyn.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 08:23 pm
JPB wrote:
Best wishes to Mrs Reyn and good luck on your job search, Reyn.

Thanks! No hurry on the latter. Laughing
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 10:39 am
Take it easy in January since it will be starting out with surgery.

Travel, meet people, have fun, relax - like every year.

And I like what CJ said - one day at a time. Just like my yoga teacher says...
0 Replies

Mr Nice

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 10:23 am
I am gonna improve my English skills. More practise..... more ... more .... and more!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 10:27 am
Pick up new clients.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 02:25 pm
Mr Nice wrote:
I am gonna improve my English skills. More practise..... more ... more .... and more!

Well, I hope you've come to the right place! Laughing

Let's start with "gonna". That should be "going to". :wink:
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 03:22 pm
School
School
School
Feeding & eating healthier
Exercise
A baby (at least, and definitely, starting one)
A move (wish we knew where to)

2008 will be eventful. I hope it's fun.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 03:39 pm
what do you think of this as a name for a coffee house?

Bean there, bun that...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's on your agenda for 2008?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:32:00