What's on your agenda for 2008?

urs53

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 04:21 pm
I forgot something - after the surgery, I want a new tattoo. A tiger on my left hip. Yes.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 04:53 pm
i feel like andy rooney who several years ago made a list of TEN THINGS NOT TO DO :
1) NOT to read war and peace !

since i don't have to go to work anymore , i have to get up earlier than ever ! at work i had RESERVED PARKING , at the pool it's : FIRST COME , FIRST SERVED- or you park on the street !
and many of the other seniors get up even earlier than we do - so there isn't much parking left by 8 a.m. - better to get there 10 to 8 ! .

we are planning on anther cruise later this year , but are just kicking the idea around . perhaps do another panama canal cruise - we enjoyed the first one about 15 years ago , transatlntic crossing sounds good too or a double - two week - alaska cruise .

but first let's see what tomorrow brings !
hbg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 04:57 pm
urs53 wrote:
I forgot something - after the surgery, I want a new tattoo. A tiger on my left hip. Yes.

What surgery? What's going on urs? Are you all right?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 05:06 pm
This year, I get the bachelor's---what is next is up in the air...

I either start the master's---or start teaching via an apprentice-type gig and pick up the master's as I work...

Still undecided.

I am applying for grad school and talking to a few superintendents...I should know by the time I'm finished with my undergrad...end of summer.

I like the options...

I will start my long range goal of travelling during summer the first summer after teaching. Italy is first on my list.

I hope I'll continue evolving as a good partner for Vito.

I really love the path I started last year---hope to continue.

I plan to make a difference in the lives of the kids I see every day.

My family has been pulling close together in the past year---I plan to facilitate more of the same.

I plan to dance like no one is watching... :wink:

I also plan to hone my body until it is considered a dangerous weapon in the lower 48...
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 05:15 pm
Well Seaglass spent four months in Boston working on the first draft of a novel. My daughterinlaw, who has published 20 or more books has read it . She has made suggestions for rewrite and will be hooking me up with her agent.

Am looking for a house in Kalapana on the Big Island to spend my waning years picking fruit off the trees and scratching my butt.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 05:20 pm
Sglass wrote:
to spend my waning years picking fruit off the trees and scratching my butt.

I want that!!! Good for you, Sglass!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 05:23 pm
Sglass! That SO ROCKS!!!

Go for it, girl!
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 06:42 pm
Mame wrote:
what do you think of this as a name for a coffee house?

Bean there, bun that...

Love it, are you planning on opening one?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 06:52 pm
Sglass wrote:
Well Seaglass spent four months in Boston working on the first draft of a novel. My daughterinlaw, who has published 20 or more books has read it . She has made suggestions for rewrite and will be hooking me up with her agent.

Am looking for a house in Kalapana on the Big Island to spend my waning years picking fruit off the trees and scratching my butt.

100.00 dollars says if no one's looking you'll smell your fingers after...
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 09:19 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Sglass wrote:

100.00 dollars says if no one's looking you'll smell your fingers after...

Ask Merry Andrew if you have a problem with my credibility. My husband should know if anyone does.

The happiest of holidays to yourself and your family.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:09 pm
martybarker wrote:
Mame wrote:

Bean there, bun that...

Love it, are you planning on opening one?

No, it came to me in a dream... coffee houses make tons of money, though. Something I should consider.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:21 pm
jespah wrote:
Italy if we can afford it.

Learn something at work, probably take Microsoft certification exam.

Try to see family more often.

Read more, write more.

Start some exercise (probably batting cages or the like), other than walking.

Cook more, eat at home more.

If you do that, italy, I'll try to shut up, as I liked discovering it on my own, and think that experience should be experienced fresh. But, y've friends to ask.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:43 pm
I went to Italy when I was a kid. If we go next year, it'll be to see family and really not to tour much.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 02:27 pm
Everyone has such wonderful plans on this year, some I'd like to do myself.

I just really want to wean myself off the caffiene and nicotine, add more water into my routine, along with more exercise to try to get a healthier me in this next year.

About five months ago, I started writing.....lets just say "memories" of my childhood, how my sister and I reacted to these events, hoping to conclude with how its affected who we are as adults, and the differences between us. But I find it so hard to sit and have to relive some of these events that I find myself angry and having to walk away to leave it alone for days/weeks at a time. So...I hope to become a little more dedicated at working on it, and atleast getting half way through it......

I would like to finish my degree.......

And I would like to get to North Carolina and the eastern part of Tennessee this spring, along with that trip to Florida's Gold Coast to play on the beaches......

Humm, thats it............maybe!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 02:52 pm
I'm glad to hear that you're writing down your "memoires" MMS,
you have such a vivid way to write, and trust me, no one will believe you
if you tell them it ain't fiction Laughing

Your stories remind me of the yaya sisterhood books.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 03:03 pm
Thank you so much Calamity, I've worried about my writing habits...lol

Quote:
and trust me, no one will believe you
if you tell them it ain't fiction

I know.... Cool
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 03:18 pm
eoe wrote:
Pick up new clients.

Find new clients AND finish my novel and find an agent. That's the main game plan for 2008.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:54 pm
Cool, eoe! Let us know when it gets published! I want an autographed copy! :wink:

Mame wrote:

Quote:

Bean there, bun that...

That's great! I'd go there! Just so I could say, "I was over at Bean There, Bun That" the other night....."
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 05:00 pm
My agenda is this
Be unpopular
and enthuse the new members
more vociferous and popular
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 06:49 pm
Hey all...

tomorrow I head to Vancouver (from West Van) and get settled in before my Level 3 First Aid starts on Monday... two weeks of that (exhausting), then my all-important exam! on the following Monday... then a week off, then 4 days at a Mining Conference (I am staffing a booth for 2 days for a friend) then back home to the Island, then off to Hawaii...

I got some business cards made (picked 'em up today) and will be force-feeding them to any and every likely candidate at the conference Smile and will try to promote myself big-time. Schmoozing is a big part of this, and I excel at that, but I'm not good at promoting myself, if you know what I mean, so hopefully I learn something about this art.

Other than that... not much is going on, just reading, reading, reading... learning a lot about the body, inside and out. It's a lot to ingest/consume/process. I'm not worried but I am focussed on passing (and learning, of course).

I'd like to hear more of your plans/accomplishments... so, c'mon, spill it, guys.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 03:31:57