Animal Help

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 08:26 pm
I want an animal. I'm living in a small one house with a friend of mine. He's the on who helps me with most of my English problems, but recently even with my friend I feel a little lost.
I use to live sort of in the country of Greece where it was nice. We had a lot of land and a lot of animals.
My favorite were the pigs. Though I don't think we can have pigs here.
So any suggestions would be nice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,321 • Replies: 22
No top replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 09:13 pm
How much time can you devout to the animal. Do you ever have to leave for more than a day? Will it be an indoor only pet? Does your roommate have any allergies or issues with having a pet?
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 10:51 pm
I have lots of time. I actually do online courses for my college. Only go in once on Thursday because it doesn't have an online class.

I love waking up in the morning and going for a jog. I love running and doing outdoor things.

My friend is not allergic to any animals. Actually he is studying to be a vet.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 10:56 pm
Are you thinking about getting a dog to go jogging with you? Or do you want something to enjoy while in the house?
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:00 pm
Well I would want both.
I would love something that could keep me company in the house its get really lonely in the house since my friend is gone more then I am.
I also would love if it could go jogging out with me. On the weekends I loved doing out doorsy things and I love if that something could come with me.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:02 pm
So it sounds like you want something more than a rabbit or a gerbil. I think a dog would be a good pet if you have the time to take it out with you a lot. Do you have a fenced yard or will you walk it more than once a day?
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:05 pm
No I want something that can go outside with me and play with me, but also relax with me.
I have a fenced yard. And I can take him out more than a day also. I love going outside and jogging and working outside.

I like being outside and being active more then I like sitting around.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:11 pm
It doesn't sound like a toy or miniature dog would work for you. I think that now you have narrowed down that you want a dog you can start researching different breeds. If this thread doesn't get enough responses, you may want to post a new topic on selecting a breed of dog.

I have a minature schnauzer. He is so lovable and loyal. He follows me around the house and I've taken him out hiking and jogging. He also has hair rather than fur, so he doesn't shed. His downfall though is his annoying high pitched bark. He is very territorial when people walk by the house. He loves going to the dog park tough and gets along with other dogs when off leash.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:12 pm
Do you want a pure bred dog or would you like a rescue dog. I've heard that mixed breeds tend to be more relaxed.
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:14 pm
I don't think it matters.
Just as long as we both understand each other. I think I'm going to save a dog from the pound though.
Poor dogs.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:16 pm
Check out petfinder.com
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:18 pm
My friend he only has .orgs, and .edus.
We can't go on .coms because he hasn't fixed that blockage on the server. I'm not good at fixing computers because my English is horrible and he is way better at those things then I am.

All I know is to type and look at the screen.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:22 pm
I went on the website and typed in my zip code. It then directed me to all the adoptable pets near me. Some of the institutions had .org addresses. If you feel comfortable you can post your zip and I'll send you some addresses or you can just go to a library to use a computer.
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:24 pm
My zip is 95655.

I live in Mather California. I just moved here to my friends house. I'll edit this post after your first reply.
Thank you very much.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:24 pm
http://www.rescueeverydog.org/

Example----Seattle based adoption agency
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:29 pm
These dogs are in Seattle.
Oh they look so sad. I think they all deserve good homes. Poor babies.
Sorry I get chummy when I see dogs.
Embarrassed Crying or Very sad Smile
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:29 pm
http://www.sierracares.org/

http://www.hsotc.org/
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:36 pm
I'm looking at the breeds right now.

So far I'm thinking lab, Siberian, or pit bull.

But I don't know.

Could you help me with breed?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:38 pm
I only know about labs. My brother breeds labs for hunting. They are well behaved and sweet. Better yet, they retrieve, so you can throw a ball around.

http://www.co.amador.ca.us/depts/animal/index.cfm?id=3
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:40 pm
http://www.fowas.org/links.htm
0 Replies