Happy Monday - I am the Grand Prize Winner!

Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 11:49 am
So I had an incredibly busy weekend - just arrive back from a trip early Sunday morning. So Sunday is crazy - laundry, making sure the kids have done their home work, grocery store run, etc. I get up a little late this morning and getting kids ready for school and the phone rings - I think who the h*ck would be calling at 7:25am?

I pick up the phone - it was from a radio station. I was told I am a finalist for Hannah Montana tickets and to please hold. Now it seems kind of a no big deal thing, but these tickets sell for more than any other show I have heard of. I know I had filed in a form on the internet to try to win these for my daughter. The DJ gets on the phone and tells me that I am the grand prize winner and not only did I win the tickets, but I get to meet Hannah Montana and Jonish Brothers.

I was told that this was the biggest contest they had. More than 7,400 people tried to win - it was even bigger than their $25,000 shopping spree give away. I guess I beat the odds.

I am now officially the coolest mom in the world!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,334 • Replies: 39
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 11:50 am
Way to go, MomKat!
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 11:51 am
Well we've known you're the coolest mom for years. Glad it's official now. Big congratulations!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 11:52 am
Wow! Congratulations, Linkat.

[size=7]Quick, someone tell me who Hannah Montana is![/size]
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 12:06 pm
Whoa!!

Your kids are going to MEET her? Daaaaaamn....

JPB, you dodged that bullet by a few years.

Hannah Montana is the alter ego of Miley something who is the alter ego of Miley Cyrus who is the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus who no longer has a mullet.

Following?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 12:07 pm
Oh and let me add, you certainly have been due for a dose of good news!!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 12:09 pm
sozobe wrote:

Ditto!

Thanks for the spin, soz. I think I'm glad I dodged that one.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 12:13 pm
I probably sounded like an a$$ on the radio too. I always thought I would be so cool if I was on the radio - but I kept saying You're kidding me! and stupid crap like that.

Yes they get to meet her - how cool is that?

Maybe Billy Ray will be there too! Supposedly he travels with to keep a close watch on her.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 12:15 pm
Linkat--

Merry, Merry Monday.

And many, many more of the same. You've earned good fortune.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 02:58 pm
sozobe wrote:

Double ditto. Have a great time. (Take earplugs.)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 03:34 pm
'Bout damn time something good came your way.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 03:36 pm
Thanks all - I'm taking this as an omen for good things to come!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 05:17 am
From today's Columbus Dispatch (pages 1 & 8)

http://i4.tinypic.com/72s9u7m.jpg

http://i6.tinypic.com/8g6yy60.jpg

Online report: My, oh, Miley
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 05:57 am
How cool is that :-D
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 05:59 am
I need to raise another generation because I had to look up who the hell Hannah Montana was. (I thought all along that this was some cartoon show on the Disney Network)
Of course being so oiut of touch that one does not actually know who is , or is not a monolith of popular culture has its (almost) counter-coolness wherein one readily admits and celebrates their lack of connectivity to the prepubescent world by no longer being required to dwell on such stuff.
It gave me a headache when I hadda do it, now I can read a post, smile, and slowly walk away.

Imagine if it woulda been a Lamborghini linkat!! (then Id seriously be talking about selling mykids to the slave trade). Dont worry, my wife would come up with reasons why I shouldnt have a LAmborghini, and shed get to keep the kids.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 06:44 am
So Cool!

When do you go?

Did you tell the girls?

Would you please tell Billy Ray that my daughter no longer wants to marry him but still has his "Achey Breaky Heart" cd?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 06:52 am
What the hell are you talking about?

((spits tobacco in a spare tin can))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 06:55 am
Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 07:07 am
Now, see, that Montana I know. Dont tell me your first name is Hanna Gezzie
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 07:20 am
Yeah, there will be a lot of sleepy girls at school today. Sozlet didn't go, but several of her friends did. Sozlet isn't that into Hannah Montana, which I don't actually regret that much.

That's not actually the Hannah Montana get-up btw in the Libby Lu pic, that's standard-issue "rock star." I know because sozlet got it -- that exact one, at that exact place -- before the whole Hannah Montana thing started. (A birthday party. All the other girls chose to be made up as princesses, she chose to be a "rock star.") The Hannah Montana outfit doesn't have that hairdo, especially... just a blonde wig. (I know THAT because ever since the birthday party we've been getting stuff from Club Libby Lu.) (Which is evil.) (But I digress.)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Happy Monday - I am the Grand Prize Winner!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 10:00:21