The Science of Gaydar aka Gay is not a choice.

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 09:11 pm
Ok I quit smoking but thanx anway. Laughing What I am saying here JPB is I put Jesus/God's words over that of Paul. Some people put more emphasis on the teachings of Paul.

But, I still see absolutely nothing in the Bible at all to indicate Paul was a homosexual. If you do, would you share it with me?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 09:14 pm
AM, did you read the article in the first post of this thread?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 09:23 pm
I did read quite a bit of it eh Beth but no, I did not read it all. Men can say anything. Science can say anything. What I believe is what God says. I know some don't like that about me but that's ok.

I know gays that you would never know were gay and I know straight people that "appear" as gay as can be. I don't mean to offend anyone with that statement and sincerely hope I don't.

For me it all boils down to God said it's wrong so you don't do it. Same for anything else God says is wrong. But the hair whorl thing? I think that's a bit outrageous. Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 09:33 pm
If your asking whether Paul ever outed himself -- hellifIknow. If he did, it didn't make it into what became canon. As a Pharisee, Paul would have been expected to marry and have children. You don't see any mention of that in the bible either. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, it just means it didn't make the cut into the book.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 09:38 pm
Ok JPB I don't disagree with your logic as you just stated. However, I think to even suspect Paul might have been a homosexual is really stretching it. I thought maybe something in what you were reading might had pointed to something in particular.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 10:16 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
What I am saying here JPB is I put Jesus/God's words over that of Paul.

Ok, then you've also said that Jesus fulfilled the Law as given to Moses. God said homosexuality was wrong (Lev. 18:22, 18:24, 18:29, and 20:13). If Jesus fulfilled the Law, then (leaving Paul out of it) where did Jesus condemn homosexuality?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 10:21 pm
I want to make sure I understand your question fully JPB so let me ask you, are you saying that Jesus HIMSELF didn't say anything about homosexuality but Paul (or another did)? I just want to make sure I have what you are asking clear.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 10:37 pm
Most Christians will point to Paul's letter (Rom. 1:18-27) for New Testament condemnation of homosexuality. I know of no New Testament source that shows a condemnation of homosexuality by Jesus. In fact, the only folks that Jesus had a direct conflict with that is quoted in the New Testament are the Pharisees -- those would professed strict adherence to the Law.

If Jesus fulfilled the Law (as you've said previously) and he took issue with the Pharisees and their treatment of others, then where can you show me that Jesus condemned homosexuality?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 10:51 pm
When I say Jesus fulfilled the law I mean He took the punishment for the law. His dying on the cross in no way gives any one of us a license to sin. Here is something I found explaining this particular issue:

Quote:

http://www.thebible.net/modules.php?name=Read&itemid=81&cat=9
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 10:53 pm
Re: The Science of Gaydar aka Gay is not a choice.
Green Witch wrote:
This article is from New York Magazine and it that explores biological evidence that people are born gay and do not become gay because of bad parenting, childhood trauma or because they enjoy being persecuted by self-righteous religious fanatics. It's a long article , but worth reading.

The Science of Gaydar

I'm sure more evidence will eventually prove the idea that sexual orientation is genetic, or created in the birth process, and not a choice. I'm also sure the fanatics of the world will dismiss the science (as usual) and hold on to their beliefs in the ramblings of ancient old men - it's so much easier to hate people than to accept the fact that are just different.

That's my "two cents" - what's yours?

I do believe that before this thread was hi-jacked, that the above was the intended subject for discussion.

Personally I thought the content of the article was interesting and provides new information for the open minded on this forum to consider, but most of all to help dispell the prevailing homophobia that hangs over A2K. I had rather looked forward to new scientifc information and the opportunity to discuss ideas without having scriptures thrown in my face.

To my knowlege this thread was not posted under Spirituality/Religion.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 10:58 pm
O....................k I get your point. And I didn't throw anything in your face.

Green Witch please accept my apology for getting this thread turned in another direction.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 05:23 pm
Re: The Science of Gaydar aka Gay is not a choice.
Sglass wrote:

To my knowlege this thread was not posted under Spirituality/Religion.

Thank you for pointing that out Sglass. I had no desire to turn this topic into The Fundamentalists vs The Followers of Evidence. I put the post under "General", but it could just have easily gone under "Science". I don't expect fundamentalists to open their minds to anything, especially facts. When thinking of Fundies and facts, I always remember the quote by Homer Simpson: "Facts are meaningless. You can use them to prove anything."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 05:45 pm
I honestly did not pay attention to what category this was in. When Sglass mentioned it then I realized she was right.

I apologized and that was sincere. But ya just gotta love the little digs like:

Quote:
I don't expect fundamentalists to open their minds to anything, especially facts.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 05:50 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
I honestly did not pay attention to what category this was in. When Sglass mentioned it then I realized she was right.

I apologized and that was sincere. But ya just gotta love the little digs like:

Quote:
I don't expect fundamentalists to open their minds to anything, especially facts.

I believe you are sincere Arella and no apology is needed. The "dig" is based on my experience. Maybe one day you will prove me wrong - I look forward to it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 05:54 pm
Well, I am glad you understand I am sincere. I won't say anymore as I don't want to run off with the thread again.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 08:55:43