The Science of Gaydar aka Gay is not a choice.

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 08:19 am
This article is from New York Magazine and it that explores biological evidence that people are born gay and do not become gay because of bad parenting, childhood trauma or because they enjoy being persecuted by self-righteous religious fanatics. It's a long article , but worth reading.

The Science of Gaydar

I'm sure more evidence will eventually prove the idea that sexual orientation is genetic, or created in the birth process, and not a choice. I'm also sure the fanatics of the world will dismiss the science (as usual) and hold on to their beliefs in the ramblings of ancient old men - it's so much easier to hate people than to accept the fact that are just different.

That's my "two cents" - what's yours?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,271 • Replies: 74
No top replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 12:56 pm
Quote:
I'm also sure the fanatics of the world will dismiss the science (as usual) and hold on to their beliefs in the ramblings of ancient old men - it's so much easier to hate people than to accept the fact that are just different.

"don't confuse me with scientific facts , i've got my mind already made " .
"the flat earth society" still has plenty of members on this earth Crying or Very sad
hbg
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:09 pm
OMG I will now be checking the hair whorl of every man I meet. Married or not. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 05:13 pm
Hmmmm..... interesting. I'll be checking hair whorls too.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 05:55 pm
Matter's not a whit if it is a choice, or genetic, or a combination of both.

It can't possibly be my business why or if John loves Jake, or Janet loves Jane, anymore than it's my business if John and Jane are lovers.

(I do however appear to have a decided preference for the letter "J")
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 06:08 pm
Quote:
Cowlicks (hair whorls)
Cowlicks or hair whorls can also be described by size, number and location. There is always at least one cowlick at the forehead. Cowlicks can also be easily determined along the crest of the neck and may be found on the jaw, neck, and shoulder.

is this where i should be checking for hair whorls ? :wink:

http://web.vet.cornell.edu/public/cuerp/Cowlick1.jpg
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 06:25 pm
hamburger wrote:
Quote:

is this where i should be checking for hair whorls ? :wink:

http://web.vet.cornell.edu/public/cuerp/Cowlick1.jpg

Only if you're into bestiality.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 06:27 pm
Quote:
Only if you're into bestiality.

i'm checking the FOREHEAD !!!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 06:30 pm
Are there gay horses, or is that what geldings are all about.... Shocked

This may be a different thread..... Cool

RH
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 06:38 pm
i have seen GAY hens . when my dad would decide to dedicate the rooster to become the sunday roast , one of the hens would often PLAY ROOSTER - until a young one appeared on the scene to do his duties .
is that "temporary gayness" ? :wink:
hbg
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 06:53 pm
hamburger wrote:
i have seen GAY hens . when my dad would decide to dedicate the rooster to become the sunday roast , one of the hens would often PLAY ROOSTER - until a young one appeared on the scene to do his duties .
is that "temporary gayness" ? :wink:
hbg

I have also lived on a farm, and it seems all animals will sometimes mount another animal of the same sex. I think it has more to do with expressing dominance within a flock, herd or pack. Dominant male chimps will sometimes penetrate a weaker male chimp in the ass, but it never happens the other way around. It's not a mating ritual, it's showing who is boss. Men in prison do the same thing, it does not mean they are gay.

I don't think we can compare humping hens to a committed human relationship- and it seems a little crass to compare the two.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 07:00 pm
I knocked it off, sorry, ms witch, Confused

RH
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 07:13 pm
Rockhead wrote:
I knocked it off, sorry, ms witch, Confused

RH

Apology accepted. I've removed the curse I placed upon your male organ. The black pustules will fade shorty and it should be back to normal working condition within a few minutes.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 08:12 pm
Green Witch wrote:
...The black pustules will fade shorty and it should be back to normal working condition within a few minutes.

Did you mean to put commas before and after "shorty"?
And shouldn't it be capitalized?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 08:18 pm
George wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
...The black pustules will fade shorty and it should be back to normal working condition within a few minutes.

Did you mean to put commas before and after "shorty"?
And shouldn't it be capitalized?

If I actually thought about what I write on this forum I would never get any posting done.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 08:19 pm
George, it does seem to be shrinking, I think maybe she did the wrong spell. Shocked

Miss Witch,....... nice lady Embarrassed

(am I doing it again Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 08:47 pm
oh dear what poor Green Witch has to put up with
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 03:14 pm
Perhaps bygones can be bygones? I'm sure Rockhead will never ever misspeak again in front of a verdantly talented priestess.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 03:17 pm
Or the Silver Surfer... Rolling Eyes

sorry

RH
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 03:23 pm
I posted the same link on my birthday - what does that mean?

(and does hamburger remember reading the article? the mag's in his house)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Science of Gaydar aka Gay is not a choice.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 06:08:30