The Science of Gaydar aka Gay is not a choice.

Sglass

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 03:41 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I posted the same link on my birthday - what does that mean?

(and does hamburger remember reading the article? the mag's in his house)

OOPSY
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 04:08 pm
Rockhead wrote:
Or the Silver Surfer... Rolling Eyes

sorry

RH

Ever had a surf board come sailing through the air atcha? Huh, huh.
Arrow Reform School
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 09:41 pm
watch yer six, rocks
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 09:47 pm
Why does it seem so many think if you believe something is wrong that you are hateful? I believe homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of God but I don't hate homosexuals. You CAN disagree with something without hating it.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:24 pm
It all depends on what you do about that which you believe is wrong -- or,
for that matter, what you hate.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:29 pm
Do about it? I think the most I've ever really done about it is to voice my opinion about why I believe it's wrong. The only thing I really hate is cold weather. Laughing
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:33 pm
Don't really see as there's been hate here, yet, just some lame humor (mostly mine) and a bit of thin skin...

We're all caring adults, so far. (I'm off to school) Cool

RH
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 07:28 am
Arella Mae--

You are entitled to believe that God does not approve of homosexuals.

You are not entitled to believe that because God does not approve of same-sex love that same sex lovers have no civil rights.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 07:53 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Why does it seem so many think if you believe something is wrong that you are hateful? I believe homosexuality is wrong in the eyes of God but I don't hate homosexuals. You CAN disagree with something without hating it.

Arella, You seem to imply that deciding to be "gay" is a choice like choosing to murder someone is a choice. If you found out that gay is not a choice and some people are born gay, like you were born heterosexual, would you be willing to agree that they are entitled to same rights that you have?

Assuming God makes all people and God loves all his children equally, why would he make people programed to disobey him? Isn't that sadistic? If being gay is a part of their creation, and not a choice, doesn't that make God imperfect?

I assume that if you think gay is a choice that you have had sexual feelings towards women and have dismissed them at "wrong". At some point you must have said yourself "gee, that girl is really cute and I would love to kiss her, but my faith tells me not to". Or did you just start noticing the boys and pursuing them? Every gay person I've ever discussed this with talks about being attracted to the same sex at a very young age, before they even understood what sex really meant. Why aren't they attracted to the opposite sex like people who grow up hetero? Doesn't this indicate it is beyond their control?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 08:12 am
Quote:
that people are born gay and do not become gay because of bad parenting, childhood trauma or because they enjoy being persecuted by self-righteous religious fanatics.

Um

I thought this was pretty common knowledge?

Amazing... that it isnt..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 08:14 am
I dont see AM insulting anyone, I just hear her saying that " according to my religion it is wrong"

people who are really involved with their religion dont question it.
They do as it says and just obey. And that is what she is doing.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 08:34 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Quote:
that people are born gay and do not become gay because of bad parenting, childhood trauma or because they enjoy being persecuted by self-righteous religious fanatics.

Um

I thought this was pretty common knowledge?

Amazing... that it isn't..

There are many religious organizations that offer to cure "gayness" and one of the first things they do is give out a questionnaire that asks participants about their upbringing. Questions like "Were you spanked by your father or mother?", "Did either of your parents ever tell you that they would have preferred you be born a member of the opposite sex?" "Did a sibling of the opposite sex get favorite treatment" etc. They try to pass it off as modern psychology.

I've never known Arella to be insulting. I think she is very honest and good natured. I just wish she would open her brain up as much as she is capable of opening her heart. I would like to see Arella expand on her Christianity the way Jesus expanded on his Judaism, question the old ways and see if they still apply. Allow for the fact that times change and to grow spiritually we must see that 2000 plus years is a long time to remain stagnant.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:12 am
I surely did not insult anyone. I merely asked a question! To be honest with you, I don't know if a person is born gay, they become that way by circumstances, or they make a choice. According to the Bible, yes, it is wrong, so to me, that means no matter how a person feels they are supposed to do what God says, no matter what the behavior, whether it be stealing, homosexuality, etc. And I am not equating homosexuality with anything other than I believe it is wrong in God's eyes.

No, I've never had any of those feelings toward any female.

I don't understand why one little question would bring up all this stuff?

Noddy, that has nothing to do with what I said.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:35 am
Arella Mae wrote:

I believe the Bible is wrong and people who follow it's advice should be denied the Constitutional rights of our society. I don't hate Bible thumpers, I just think they are threat to our families and moral way of life, and should thus be treated differently than everyone else.

(Get it?)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:44 am
Oh I see, you think YOU should be able to deny my constitutional rights because you don't agree with me and that's ok? Shocked

Isn't that rather hypocritical?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:45 am
shewolfnm wrote:
...people who are really involved with their religion dont question it.

Uh...just a minute.

I'm really involved with my religion, and I DO question it. Constantly!
(I can be really irritating that way. Laughing )

You will find religious people on both sides of this issue. In fact, both sides feel so strongly that it is threatening to divide many churches. Many Christians are reexamining long-held beliefs, as are many people who do not consider themselves Christian.

The debate isn't over.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:48 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Oh I see, you think YOU should be able to deny my constitutional rights because you don't agree with me and that's ok? Shocked

Shocked Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:54 am
What's with the rolling eyes JPB? Isn't that what Greenwitch is saying? If she is being sarcastic then yeah, maybe I missed that. So, I guess maybe she needs to let me know if that's what she meant?

But what has that to do with what we were talking about anyway? My point had nothing to do with civil or constitutional rights. I am not the one that brought that into the conversation.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:54 am
Arella Mae wrote:

I basically inserted "the Bible" and "Bible Thumper" into the places you (or American fundamentalists) would have written "gay".

I don't care if people believe in the Bible or not, but I don't want them smashing their beliefs into the laws of the country at the expense of innocent people.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:57 am
Eva wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
...people who are really involved with their religion dont question it.

Uh...just a minute.

I'm really involved with my religion, and I DO question it. Constantly!
(I can be really irritating that way. Laughing )

You will find religious people on both sides of this issue. In fact, both sides feel so strongly that it is threatening to divide many churches. Many Christians are reexamining long-held beliefs, as are many people who do not consider themselves Christian.

The debate isn't over.

I don't think we can compare normal religious people to fundamentalists, it's a different mentality. Fundamentalists suffer from locked brains.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 04:51:28