Metal Detectors, anyone?

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 10:57 am
Does anyone metal detect? I'm interested in buying one for myself for Christmas this year, and not sure what brand, type etc...to buy?

I want to use one to coin shoot (find coins), I figure this will do in getting some extra exercise and add to my ever growing coin collection that I have been working on for the past few years.

Anyone else MD?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 793 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Jim

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 11:56 am
The missus and I bought a Minelab before I retired. We thought it would be a good hobby for all the spare time we thought we were going to have.

So far we've only taken it out a couple of times. Boot eye loops, nails, bailing wire, and bullets. All the valuable stuff.

We're members of a local prospecting club. At one of the meetings the Speaker asked the audience "how many of you own a metal detector?".

Almost all the hands went up.

He then asked "how many of you have paid off the detector with your findings?"

There was only laughter.

I suspect detecting is like most hobbies. You do it because its something you really like to do, and it gives you an excuse to turn off the idiot box, and get out of the house and outside into the fresh air. Not because you're going to make a bunch of money.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 02:11 pm
Laughing Good post, I loved the idiot box comment.

Yeah, not looking to make money.....just something else to do when I'm in the woods since I'm always looking at the ground when I walk. (I'm a rock hound too) So why not combine the two...?

I'd like to add some wheaties, merc's and war nickels to my so called pitiful collection...... Laughing
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 02:34 pm
Sounds to me like a metal detector might be just the thing for you.

Let us know what you find, and good luck.
0 Replies

Jenn11803

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 08:16 pm
Hey,

This is something my husband and I were looking to get into. I have been doing a little research and found a site, Expotv, that has actual users sharing their experience with the metal detectors. I have 2 links for you, maybe you would be interested in one of these.
Happy Hunting!!!

http://www.expotv.com/videos/reviews/8/101/Ace-250-Metal-Detector/126867

http://www.expotv.com/videos/reviews/20/187/Metal-Detector/68435
0 Replies