What would you do if you won the lottery?

dadpad

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 04:57 pm
I'd buy a plane ticket to the US.

I'd have some beer with Gus, kicky, Bear and any one else who chose to come along. Then we'd all fly to Albaturkey sneak into Dys's place and take the porche for a spin.

Then we'd all fly to montana's place and plough her driveway.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 04:59 pm
Spend it on women, booze, and cars. Then I'd probably just waste the rest of it.

Obviously depends on how much. If it was some ridiculous amount, I'd pay off my mortgages, give $$ to family, buy more properties, including a retarded condo downtown to live in, pick up a Lamborghini, and travel a lot. So yea, pretty much what I said above.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 05:08 pm
dadpad wrote:

I'd have some beer with Gus, kicky, Bear and any one else who chose to come along. Then we'd all fly to Albaturkey sneak into Dys's place and take the porche for a spin.

Somone wants to plough your driveway Montana. Then what?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:37 pm
Were talking unlimited dollars here right...

I would buy a couple thousand acres of forest, then in the middle I would construct a biodome, not with plants and all that crap, just to keep the rain out, mainly for my all weather baseball field and 1,000 yrd shooting range...yeah it's a big ass biodome....I should probably call it a geodesic dome, since their ain't much bio about it, but bio is easier to say.

I would leave my biodome only when I had too, which would pretty much be never. I would spend my mornings setting up scholarship funds, and funding Habitat for Humanity projects all over the country...yeah Canada too. My afternoons would be filled with hitting baseballs, and shooting at the range, and playing frisbee or whatever the kids wanted to do that day. Every night for supper I would eat the finest steak available, out on the patio with my beautiful wife...same wife, but if she did start to get ugly I could afford to buy a new one. I would end the day scanning the sky with my massive custom built telescope.

There would be no clocks or calenders in my biodome, except for sundials, and my henge....and all telephones would have a flashing light instead of ringing....I would never use them personally. I would hire a slew of detectives to find Jim Bowies knife, if it meant searching every single building in Mexico.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:40 pm
Sglass wrote:
dadpad wrote:

Somone wants to plough your driveway Montana. Then what?

Ha! Just what I was thinking, Sglass! Tsk tsk tsk
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:41 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Spend it on women, booze, and cars. Then I'd probably just waste the rest of it.

And that's not "wasting" it? Laughing you make-a me laugh Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:41 pm
that sounds nice 2packs...except for the steak every night part.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:49 pm
I wanna know what time the party starts at Montana's house, that sounds like a pretty good lineup. Laughing
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:55 pm
Chai wrote:

Yeah, "I" would eat steak, she would eat whatever the hell she eats now, weird ****...pasta....banana bread...Chinese food...blegh...shivers
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:56 pm
After the usual paying off of a few debts, which ar minimal, I'd buy a small condo and furnish it nicely. I'd make sure the kids and my parents are comfortable. Then I'd start buying and re-doing run down houses in the area to provide affordable housing for those in need. I'd take a few months a year to travel.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 08:52 pm
I would buy about a thousand acres of land and build my dream home on one end and my parents dream home on the other end. I would get some horses and ride every place I could. I would use my land as a refuge to a wolf pack and, of course, all the other strays that tend to seek me out.

Of course this would be while I was wisely investing some money that would help keep all of this going for more than a year.

I would then spend the rest of my time traveling while I worked on my art and photography.

Of course I would continually donate to as many no kill animal shelters as I could.

I would promise to buy my brother any car he wanted as long as he graduated college.

Help out some friends start up some of their own businesses.

As for a lot of extended family...well...I would probably change my number.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 09:18 pm
I didn't realize we were being serious.

First, and I think I can speak for a lot of people here who didn't think of this, I'd throw away my underwear and wash my ass.

Second, I'd hire the best tax lawyer and accountant available and have them advise me on how to make the money grow, and how to avoid paying as many taxes as possible.

I'd give my two grown daughters a million apiece, I'd put 2 million in trust for BPBjr. so he'd never have to go without, and I'd spare no expense exploring every avenue to cure or control his seizures.

My grandson and my two younger cubs would get 1 million in a trust fund and I'd use that money as a bully pulpit to make sure they got educated and put forth their best efforts.

I would make sure squinney had everything she needed.

I would probably do something for BPBjrs. mother as well, although on a more modest scale.

I would of course buy a nice home although not a big one and do some discretionary spending but not as much as you might think.

I would get involved in green technologies and start a company designed to refit individual homes to be off the grid and figure out ways to make it practical and affordable.

I would never do another karaoke show.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 11:40 pm
Hmmm...I would give each child a mil. The youngest child still fucks up too much so he would have to earn it somehow. Go back to school and finish. But I would buy a small condo in the same building that his older brother is in and let him live there. I'd buy his brothers' condo too. And his sisters' townhouse in Colorado.

I'd spread a bit around in our families. Give to charities, sponsor children's programs, dig past the board of directors and the office administration and get my money to the root of it.

Buy property. That's what hubby wants to do.

We'd travel. I'd want to go to Europe, Africa, see the Grand Canyon with my own eyes.

I'd have a little "work" done. Just a freshening.

I'd take five of my favorite women to Europe and we each select one couture outfit by our favorite designer and have our mannequins made and draped and fitted. It would be the experience of a lifetime.

I'd fulfill a dream and design and produce a fashion collection and rent a wonderful space, hire models, hair, makeup, stage the whole thing like Valentino or Lagerfeld and market it and generate buzz, make it the hottest ticket in town and see what happens after that. If nothing else, I've fulfilled a lifelong fantasy.

Whew! I could go on and on. I've thought about this for years! Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 09:25 am
2PacksAday wrote:
Chai wrote:

Yeah, "I" would eat steak, she would eat whatever the hell she eats now, weird ****...pasta....banana bread...Chinese food...blegh...shivers

oh yeah, all that weird ****. Like tofu and pesto.

Whenever I make something that has meat mixed up in it, it worked out fine.

I pick out most of my meat from whatever it is, and put it on his plate.

My reward is a grateful "Grrrromph"

canivores....gotta love'em
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 09:30 am
chai are you a vegetarian? good for you. healthier.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 09:33 am
HA, every vegetarian Ive seen looks anemic and wsted.

If I won the lottery, Id keep farming till all the money was gone.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 09:36 am
No I'm not a vegetarian bear.

I've just never cared that much for meat, beyond a small bit for "flavoring"

Even as a kid, I would push all but one meatball off to the side, and eat the spaghetti. (or only take one meatball in the first place)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 09:42 am
Well, I would see that my wife has lifetime security. I would help friends and family if they need it (Who doesn't ?). I would look up some people I feel I owe debts to from the past. Any left would go to charitable work.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 10:08 am
farmerman wrote:
HA, every vegetarian Ive seen looks anemic and wsted.

If I won the lottery, Id keep farming till all the money was gone.

farmerman I am neither anemic or wasted although I've been known to be wasted at closing time once or twice... :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:05 am
Of course I don't buy lottery tickets--but every so often I put myself to think what I would do with Wealth Beyond My Dreams of Avarice.

I'd add a spare bedroom to the house. Also a library room. Right now I'm double-shelving books. Also a deck and a Florida room.

My son and d-i-l are always on my list of Deserving People. My stepsons and their offspring migrate on and off the list according to their whims and my mood.

Travel--here in the States and abroad. There are thousands of places I've never been.

I have a long list of Worthwhile Local Places: Little local museums, open land preservation groups, Columncille, Quiet Valley....

The county YMCA would get a good chunk of money for a indoor pool in this end of the world. The local schools--elementary, middle and high school would get library endowments. The local library would get money.

I fall asleep before I've bestowed all my hypothetical millions.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 03:13:35