Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 781 • Replies: 10
No top replies

contrex

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 04:18 am
how many letters?
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 06:03 am
Hi contrex, thanks for answering. I think it is an anagram, although it doesn't say. either that or cryptic.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 06:07 am
do you know how many letters?
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 07:02 am
No sorry!
0 Replies

Tufdevil

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 05:17 pm
Hi, Upandrunning.

Not corresponded for a while.

I have played around with these letters and am now reaching the conclusion that it is cryptic rather than anagrammatic.

Any idea of the location the river. Presumably it is part of a collection of clues to rivers. Are they worldwide, European, British? There are a lot of rivers aroung and none springs immediately to mind, but if I could limit the search area it might help.

Tufdevil
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 03:37 am
Hi Tufdevil, Good to hear from you. I have been out of the country quite a bit and only try these quizzes when at home.

The answers are Rivers of the world, i.e. A violent gust = TAGUS One lump or two? = Sugar Root vegetable = carrot The heron feeds here = Rhone. As you can see anagrams and cryptic. No number of letters given.

Do hope you can help. How do you get on with Quizzy Heights?

Upandrunning
0 Replies

Tufdevil

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 08:32 am
Hi again,

Working on the part anagram theory, what about the Pecos river (aka the Rio Pecos), New Mexico and Texas - Anagram of Scope? If it is it's not a great clue, because I would have been looking for a river that uses most of (plenty) the letters of scope rather than all of them, but it's the best I can think of at present.

Been getting Quizzyheights right, but not been lucky with the draw. Now it looks as if Chris has abandoned it. He hasn't given the October results yet and it's December tomorrow.

Speak to you again

Tufdevil
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 09:24 am
Hello again, Yes! I think you have got it tufdevil - that's the answer I'm going to use. Many thanks.

I haven't done Quizzy Heights for some time, and did notice that October's answers were not up. It was a good quiz, shame if it has gone.

Merry Christmas and a Super Happy, and Healthy 2008.
0 Replies

Tufdevil

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 06:44 pm
Hi, Upandrunning

Good news on Quizzyheights. I spoke to Chris tonight and he has been having technical problems updating his website. Hoping to speak to his technical bod soon so the monthly quiz should be returning in due course.

Good luck with the rivers and, if I don't speak to you again before Xmas, have a great Christmas and a fabulous 2008

Tufdevil
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 03:57 am
Thanks tufdevil, Won't be around for a couple of months, off to the Cook Islands until late February, will look for Quizzy Heights if I get the chance.
0 Replies