I don't enjoy repartee

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:38 pm
Which is why I now only respond to Gus and OmSigDavid. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Dear Gus and OmSigDavid;
An essential property of theorems is that they are derivable using a fixed set of deduction rules and axioms without any additional assumptions. This is not just a matter of the semantics of the language: the expression that results from a derivation is a syntactic consequence of all the expressions that precede it. In mathematics, the derivation of a theorem is often interpreted as a proof of the truth of the resulting expression, but different deductive systems can yield other interpretations, depending on the meanings of the derivation rules.
As Mr Spock would say; "Sleep late and prosper."
full stop.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,766 • Replies: 93
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:46 pm
The quick brown fox wriggled through a fence.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 08:54 pm
rep·ar·tee
n.
1. A swift, witty reply.
2. Conversation marked by the exchange of witty retorts.

I find this hard to believe. :wink:
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 08:57 pm
And the two with whom you will play....

Quite a spread there Dys???? Shocked
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 08:59 pm
Why are there others on this thread? And where is David?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:06 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Why are there others on this thread? And where is David?
David is currently having a mystical experience while reloading.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:09 pm
Godwilling, with "bullets of enlightenment". :wink:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:11 pm
I wonder what would happen on a dusty Kansas street if David and cjhsa confronted each other. Let's put the time at high noon.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:13 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I wonder what would happen on a dusty Kansas street if David and cjhsa confronted each other. Let's put the time at high noon.

They would compare the size of their guns to start.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:15 pm
I think they would spot each other and immediately commence to firing. The battle would last well into the evening and by the time the bullets expired they both would still be standing, but every man, woman, child, and dog in that dusty little town would be riddled with holes.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:35 pm
And then they would have sparkling repartee Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:36 pm
If'n ya don't like it, don't eat it!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:43 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I think they would spot each other and immediately commence to firing. The battle would last well into the evening and by the time the bullets expired they both would still be standing, but every man, woman, child, and dog in that dusty little town would be riddled with holes.

Yep. Neither of them has a decent aim. Not that it would matter to them. They'd just reload and keep firing. This would be their idea of a party.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:22 pm
My God, now I can't imagine why we missed Gus so much.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 08:10 am
Dear Gus and David, this morning I think we should discuss this topic;

The transmogrifier is a fictional device invented by Calvin of Bill Watterson's comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. It is capable of transmogrifying any object into any other object.

The first transmogrifier Calvin invents consists of an upside-down cardboard box (first appeared March 23, 1987) with the word "transmogrifier" handwritten on the side in marker. A dial on the side of the box may be pointed towards one of several settings, also marked on the box in marker. More settings can be added by simply writing them around the dial. A button initiates the transmogrification process, turning the thing under the box into whatever is indicated on the dial always accompanied by a loud "zap!" sound when activated. Calvin used his transmogrifier to great effect in the comic strip, transforming himself into a tiger, dinosaur, elephant and other animals.
Please keep in mind I continue to dislike repartee.

Calvin made subsequent improvements upon the transmogrifier technology, turning the box into a duplicator (by turning it on its side and writing "duplicator" on the side) and a time machine (by turning the box upright and writing "time machine" on the side). He also produced an improved, portable transmogrifier, which was incorporated into his water pistol. (This latter invention was once used as a button icon in a paint program for the Apple Macintosh, and the operation, which randomly mixed pixels, was named transmogrify.)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 08:26 am
And further, what advanced weapons systems could Watterson and/or Calvin have added to this "transmogrifier" that would have increased Calvin's effectiveness in subduing any native populations he might have encountered on his travels through the space-time continuum?

(Settles back in overstuffed chair with cup of hot chocolate, puts feet up, and prepares to enjoy the ensuing repa....uh....debate.)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:18 am
Eva, I'm getting the sense that you are interjecting jocularity into this thread and as it has been documented that I am both stupid and without humour it is probably best that you refrain from such activity leaving Gus and David to ourselves in order to remain free of repartee. Is that really good chocolate? I'm having Assam Superb tea meself and it's windy here this morning. Here's hoping the leaves are blowing off my trees and into the neighbor's yard.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:52 am
Dys
dyslexia wrote:
Eva, I'm getting the sense that you are interjecting jocularity into this thread and as it has been documented that I am both stupid and without humour it is probably best that you refrain from such activity leaving Gus and David to ourselves in order to remain free of repartee. Is that really good chocolate? I'm having Assam Superb tea meself and it's windy here this morning. Here's hoping the leaves are blowing off my trees and into the neighbor's yard.

If you run out of tree leaves, I will dump a truck load of the leaves in my yard into your yard to make you happy if you will accept my inferior leaves.

BBB
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:57 am
TY. TYVM.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 01:40 pm
Early indications suggest shiksa enjoys repartee as well as fruitcake covered with caramel.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I don't enjoy repartee
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:26:37