Roxxxanne Performing at Martuni's (santa baby)

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:21 pm
Will be performing Santa Baby and Blue Christmas this fri nite at Martuni's Gough and Market, San Francisco with the renowned Houston Allred and on Sunday night, I will be performing with the house blues band at Skip's on Cortland in Bernal Heights, San Francisco.

NTBM (not to be missed)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,820 • Replies: 21
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:22 pm
Cool.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:50 pm
I just spoke with Houston: baby Houston pictured here in the arms of Elenor Roosevelt

http://www.samhoustonallred.com/images/70th%20birthday%20invite.jpg

He is appearing at Octavia's tonight and I will be performing there tonight as well. I think I might try out my new version of "You Go to my Head" a la Diana Krall, slow and sultry.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:55 pm
Roxxxxane, we never talk. Do you find me attractive?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:17 pm
bm
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:24 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Roxxxxane, we never talk. Do you find me attractive?

Witty but too old for me Laughing
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:25 pm
Santa baby, slip a sable under the tree, for me
Been an awful good girl
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, a ยด54 convertible too, light blue
I'll wait up for you dear

Think of all the fun I've missed
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed
Next year I could be o' so good
If you'd check off my Christmas list
-Bee Doo Bee Doo

Santa honey, I wanna yacht and really that's
Not a lot
Been an angel all year

Santa cutie, theres one thing I really do need, the deed
To a platinum mine
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, fill my stocking with a duplex, and checks
Sign your 'X' on the line

Come and trim my Christmas tree
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's
I really do believe in you
Let's see if you believe in me
Boo doo bee doo

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring
I don't mean on the phone

Hurry down the chimney tonight
Hurry down the chimney tonight...

http://www.vandana.net/images/martunissign5.jpg
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:43 pm
Now I remember, "tee many martunis"...

Knock'em dead, Roxx.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 04:48 pm
Re: Roxxxanne Performing at Martuni's (santa baby)
Roxxxanne wrote:
Will be performing Santa Baby and Blue Christmas this fri nite at Martuni's Gough and Market, San Francisco with the renowned Houston Allred and on Sunday night, I will be performing with the house blues band at Skip's on Cortland in Bernal Heights, San Francisco.

NTBM (not to be missed)

Since most of us can't be there, how about getting someone to video you and then post that? Or put it on youtube! Laughing I'd like to hear your performance.

Gus is in perfect form, flirting with ladies all over A2K... he's such a man!
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 05:06 pm
Table for two please. I'm bringing flipper. Laughing
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 06:12 pm
Re: Roxxxanne Performing at Martuni's (santa baby)
Mame wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

NTBM (not to be missed)

Since most of us can't be there, how about getting someone to video you and then post that? Or put it on youtube! Laughing I'd like to hear your performance.

Great idea but I wouldn't be happy with anything less than a professional video and for that we are talking big bucks. Then there are copyright issues. I need to get a good audio recording done.

I am surprised that no one commented on baby Houston ("my" pianist) being held in the arms of Eleanor Roosevelt.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 06:18 pm
Ditto what Mame said. I for one would love to hear it.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 07:13 pm
You have a 70 year old pianist? Cool.

I don't know much about Eleanor and only know Houston as a city in Texas.

I do know that Eleanor once said, "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permisson." I always loved that line.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 01:18 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
I just spoke with Houston: baby Houston pictured here in the arms of Elenor Roosevelt

http://www.samhoustonallred.com/images/70th%20birthday%20invite.jpg

He is appearing at Octavia's tonight and I will be performing there tonight as well. I think I might try out my new version of "You Go to my Head" a la Diana Krall, slow and sultry.

Wow! I must say I was in rare form (no promotin like self promotion, eh?) I sang God Bless the Child and ****, I can't remember some other standard, was called back and did "All of Me" burlesque style (Mae West would a been proud!) and then killed them with "Ain't Misbehavin" Then I was called back for a third time and did "September Song" The competition was fierce, all the other singers, it seemed, were appearing in musicals but only two other performers were called back for a second time and I was the only one who was called back a third time.

Houston, a veteran Broadway performer, was rather shocked at how splendid I was. Sober! "Heaven" as he calls it. I am Cloud Nine. Yeah, I shoulda caught that on video.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 02:19 am
Baby Houston. What is his connecection to Eleanor Roosevelt? Sorry, but I really don't know anything about him.

Have you worked Martunis' before, or is this a first time.

I think that it is wonderful that you are doing something that is bringing you income and enjoyment.

You go lady.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 02:40 am
Cool, wish I could see it!

It's one of my favourite christmas songs!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 02:59 am
Sglass wrote:
Baby Houston. What is his connecection to Eleanor Roosevelt? Sorry, but I really don't know anything about him.

Have you worked Martunis' before, or is this a first time.

I think that it is wonderful that you are doing something that is bringing you income and enjoyment.

You go lady.

Yes, I have appeared at Martuni's many times

James Allred is Sam Houston Allred's father
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James Allred
33rd Governor of Texas
In office
1935 - 1939
Lieutenant(s) Walter Frank Woodul
Preceded by Miriam A. Ferguson
Succeeded by W. Lee O'Daniel
Born March 29, 1899
Bowie, Texas
Died September 24, 1959
Laredo, Texas
Political party Democratic

James Allred (1899-1959) was a U.S. political figure and judge.

He was born on March 29, 1899, in Bowie, Texas and was christened James Burr Allred V. James and Burr were uncles' names. He was known as "Vee" until he enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1918. The Navy clerks had no intention of typing his full name on forms, so he was listed as "Allred, James V," the Roman numeral "V" being mistaken for the letter "V." Allred had no problem with the change, and used the altered form of his name the rest of his life.

Allred had enrolled in Rice Institute in 1917 but left school soon thereafter because of financial problems. He served in the U.S. Immigration Service for a short while before enlisting in the Navy during World War I.

After the war he clerked in a law office in Wichita Falls, Texas, obtained a law degree from Cumberland School of Law at Cumberland University in Lebanon, Tennessee, and began law practice in Wichita Falls.

Allred's public-service career began in 1923 when Gov. Pat Neff appointed him assistant district attorney in Wichita Falls to complete an unexpired term. He was elected to a full term in 1924. In 1926 he ran for attorney general of Texas as a Democrat but was defeated. In his next try for elective office, in 1930, he was elected attorney general at age 31, defeating the incumbent and becoming the youngest man to hold that office. He was reelected in 1932. He then served two terms as Texas governor, from 1935 to 1939.

On leaving the governorship, he was appointed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt to district judge in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. He served in that office from 1939 to 1942, when he resigned to run against an incumbent senator, W. Lee O'Daniel, for his seat in the U.S. Senate. Allred failed to unseat O'Daniel, and Roosevelt then nominated him to a seat on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, but the Senate Judiciary Committee would not approve his nomination. In 1951 he was reappointed to the Southern District judgeship by President Harry S. Truman, and he served in that position until he died of a heart attack in Laredo, Texas on September 24, 1959, a few hours after recessing court because he felt "a little under the weather." He lived in Corpus Christi, Texas during this judicial tenure and was buried in Wichita Falls.

He has been described as a "talented and fiery" lawyer. As attorney general he filed an unprecedent number of suits, including many anti-trust cases, and recovered millions of dollars for the state. As governor he embraced Roosevelt's New Deal, and during his administrations the legislature passed social security measures that included old-age assistance and teacher retirement programs. He opposed the Ku Klux Klan and repeal of prohibition.

He married Joe Betsy Miller of Wichita Falls on June 20, 1927. She was born on October 15, 1905 in Altus, Oklahoma and died on June 7, 1993 in Wichita Falls.

James and Betsy Allred had three sons: James V., Jr., William David, and Sam Houston, who was born in the Sam Houston bed in the Sam Houston bedroom of the Texas Governor's Mansion. Sam Houston Allred is a cousin of Austin radio personality and Geezinslaw Brother Sammy Allred.

Allred Prison, in Iowa Park, Texas, is named for him.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 07:35 am
Thank you for the lesson in Texas History.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 01:49 pm
Writing new lyrics:

Santa baby, slip a sable under the tree, for me
Been an awful good girl

Think of all the fun I've ducked
Think of all the fellas that I haven't ....uh...kissed
Next year I could be o' so good
If you'd check off my Christmas list...

Santa baby, I don't think it's too much of a gift, a facelift
And just a little bit of botox, too

Santa Baby, a girl could never have enough...handcuffs
And a brand new leather riding crop too
So hurry down MY chimney tonight

I'll leave you out some cookies and your favorite libations
Just bring me lots of toys purchased at Good Vibrations
Next year I'll be awful bad
If you bring me all the things this girl has never had

Santa Baby, if you think I am showing too much restraint, I ain't
But I never thought I could be tied down
So hurry down my chimney tonight

Santa Honey, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring
One for each nipple and my p**** too
So hurry...........

Santa Honey, though the fellas really love my Double Ds
I'll be good and not so much of a tease
If you hurry.....
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 11:03 am
I debuted this finally saturday at Martuni's and last night cold with new piano players, unfortunatly, it went well but I need to rewrite the lead sheet so the piano guy can play my arrrangement.

My whole life has changed since I re-invented myself as a chanteuse, I am now hanging with show people (again) These show people in SF are something, I tell you. I certainly don't have much hopes of meeting a straight guy if that were my intention . LOL

I need to find a pianist I can work with who has more time to rehearse. Houston is recovering from Spinal Meningitis.

Last night I performed with the fabulousBarry Lloyd
0 Replies