Condom Testers- How's That for a College Job?

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 08:16 pm
Call for Condom Testers Swamped by Offers
Fri Nov 15, 9:01 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - An appeal for British students to volunteer to rigorously road test condoms and be paid 100 pounds ($158) a term into the bargain has been overwhelmed by applicants, manufacturer Condomi said Friday.

Within a week of the appeal for sexually-active men and women to come forward, the firm had received 10,000 applications and is combing the list selecting 100 who will get lucky.

The winners will be required to perform what the firm called "rigorous pleasure tests" on its entire range and fill in a detailed questionnaire on their reactions.

"The response has been phenomenal," marketing manager Victoria Wells said. "It is quite surprising how much detail some people go into when answering intimate questions."

How's that for combining business with pleasure? Laughing

When you were in school, would you take a "job" like that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,663 • Replies: 17
No top replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 08:55 pm
Rolling Eyes
Embarrassed
Cool
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 09:06 pm
When I was in school, we rarely spoke the word (I believe it was referred to as 'protection').
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 12:21 am
bandylu2- Wow! You take me back. I haven't heard condoms called "protection" since I was a teenager. Remember that the guys would have a ring shaped mark on their wallets, from where the "protection" rubbed against the leather! Surprised
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 07:34 pm
When my hubby was in high school, his father once took him aside and told him (disapprovingly) that he had found the 'thing' he had in his wallet. My hubby had no idea what his father was talking about. They both went to retrieve and then open the wallet -- hubby had a silver dollar stuck in there (boy was his father embarrassed).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 07:35 pm
bandylu2- I love it! Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 09:01 pm
In my little town, though the drug stores carried condoms (frenchies), most of us were too shy by half to walk in and order them up. Our salvation, and our girlfriends', was Merv from Merv's Shell Station. I doubt a condom sale mattered much back then when drag racing blew so many or our parents' transmissions. There really ought to be a civic plague in this fellow's honor.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:29 pm
Isn't it interesting that these days the condoms are at the checkout counter and the cigerettes are locked up.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:35 pm
joanne

That's very cute. And a more correct balance, for sure.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 07:19 pm
Thought it might be fun to lighten up the joint with all Iraq & political talk going on.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 09:20 pm
blatham wrote:
In my little town, though the drug stores carried condoms (frenchies), most of us were too shy by half to walk in and order them up. Our salvation, and our girlfriends', was Merv from Merv's Shell Station. I doubt a condom sale mattered much back then when drag racing blew so many or our parents' transmissions. There really ought to be a civic plague in this fellow's honor.

So it'd be like:

'Gassed her up, done under the hood, checked front and rear tyres, windscreen clean - now would young sir like something for the backseat later this evening?'

As for that 'civic plague', I think he did a fine job stopping any plagues.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:57 pm
What is it about older men and condoms? Getting to wear them is like pulling teeth - avoid, avoid, avoid. Sheeeeeeeeesh!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:18 am
They might be afraid they will lose the moment in the moment it takes to use one Deb or not. Or perhaps a manly urban myth that condoms interfere with sex.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:27 am
In my job, the difference of a few thousandth's of an inch (a few tenth's of a millimeter) can make the difference...

But I always tell the Quality Engineers 'What's a few thousandth's betwen friends?'

-pause-

'A condom'
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:28 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing But then you are not an older man SP.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:31 am
Well, I 'came of age', so to speak, in the 80's, and with the AIDS crisis being relatively new, all I heard was condom condom condom. As for interfering with sex, like SealPoet said, it all depends on the brand. Some feel like a diaper, some are quite sheer.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:32 am
dlowan, the answer is simple, date younger men.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:56 pm
cavfancier wrote:
dlowan, the answer is simple, date younger men.

That's Adelaide's singles scene shot to hell for a decade at least............... Surprised
0 Replies