Men and Crocs

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:40 am
Now I am not a fan of Crocs any way - personally I think they are butt ugly. But the other day a saw a man wearing crocs! Now that's just wrong.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SPORT/football/07/01/cupofjoe.1/story.World-Cup-Day-6-010.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,935 • Replies: 56
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:45 am
I love them, and mine are horrendously bright. I saw a man ahead of me in the grocery store line wearing black ones, and said his were so much more dignified than mine. He smiled, said those were his favorite shoes, and said "dignified!"
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:46 am
I agree on the aesthetics of them, uggh.

First saw guys in crocs three years ago. Couple of Nashville session players who said "who cares how they look, they're comfy." I see it more and more. Probably started in the bay, like lots of other things normal people are not meant to understand.

I took their word for it, but have not tried them myself.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:49 am
ossobuco wrote:
I love them, and mine are horrendously bright. I saw a man ahead of me in the grocery store line wearing black ones, and said his were so much more dignified than mine. He smiled, said those were his favorite shoes, and said "dignified!"

Dignified and crocs do not go together.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:50 am
I can understand the comfort part of it - but I couldn't get beyond how butt ugly they are.

I would also have to kill my husband if he wore a pair - comfort or not!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:52 am
sneakers are comfortable.
end of story...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:56 am
Sez you...

I admit shunning them myself for years, but I did try on some crocs at one point and they didn't seem to fit me at all, and seemed to me expensive for what they were. Then one day Walgreen's was having a two-for sale of crock knock-offs. I tried one on in the store, it felt ok, bought two pair, and wore them everywhere for the next bunch of weeks. I need some black ones for those elegant occasions...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:59 am
The 'sez you' was to Linkat..

I like sneakers too, but my nk air max, the sneakers that fit my feet best, cost an arm and a leg, and simply aren't more dignified, what with being baby blue...
also, they're not as aerated as my pseudo crocs, and I like the air venting.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 12:00 pm
(end of story for the minz, not youze wimminz...)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 12:01 pm
Mins don't have feetsies?
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 12:42 pm
Mins have feetsies.
But said feetsies should not be put into shoes that dorky.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 01:56 pm
Well said, Latin Guy. :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 01:57 pm
But waiiiiit, I think they would look nice with just the right argyle socks...
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 02:40 pm
ossobuco wrote:
But waiiiiit, I think they would look nice with just the right argyle socks...

...and plaid bermies...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 02:43 pm
Well this explains why I found men's pseudoCrocs at Target for $5. I like them for pool shoes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 02:54 pm
I got a pair at a time when shoelaces were just too challenging. They were not only butt ugly, they were not comfortable. They finally went out in this week's trash.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 03:23 pm
I'm a Croc convert. I was resistant because of the marketing -- it was just too, something, I dunno. I read one too many articles about their strategies, perhaps.

Every kid sozlet's age has the same damn pair of pink Crocs (another reason I was resistant), and she's wanted some. I was trying to find her a pair of decent summer sandals that weren't too expensive last spring, and was having miserable luck, and none of her shoes from last year fit, and she was getting tired of wearing winter shoes as it got warmer and warmer, and I saw them at Wild Oats or something and they were pretty damn cheap really, so I sighed and bought a pair.

First I just liked them because she said they were super-comfortable and because she happily wore them every day. But I really fell in love the first time I washed them. Little girl wearing pink Crocs every day = filthy Crocs. But I scrubbed 'em with soap and the rough side of a sponge and damn! They got CLEAN! Not even Chuck Taylors (her other preferred footwear) look that good when they come out of the washing machine.

Then I found out they were recyclable and I decided they were pretty much perfect kid shoes.

I've come around to liking the look, even, especially on little spindleshank girlies like sozlet.

I haven't bought any for myself yet though.

The husband of a friend of mine has bright orange Crocs he wears in the house -- they work, for him.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 03:54 pm
sozobe wrote:
...The husband of a friend of mine has bright orange Crocs he wears in the house -- they work, for him.

"They work", do they? Hmmmm...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 03:59 pm
George,

If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 04:00 pm
He's kind of a Mario Batali type, but with brown instead of red hair. Shortish, roundish, good cook. I think Mario wears clogs of some kind too (maybe even Crocs...?)

Hey, so he does:

http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/mariobatalicrocs.gif

He owns 50 pairs and he's the spokesperson for a whole line of Crocs...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Men and Crocs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 09:21:54