CalamityJane

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 04:13 pm
I wouldn't be caught dead in one of them, but I do own their stocks,
so Linkat, don't you go around and bad mouth Crocs now. Wink
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 05:16 pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/RTBM-07-08-24.jpg

New Rule: Stop wearing plastic shoes. It was only a year ago when only preschoolers and mental patients wore these. But, now grownups all over America have gone "Croc" crazy. The latest step in our unending quest to dress as casually as humanly possible. "You know, I used to wear flip-flops, but they're a little dressy." "I want clothing I can hose down." Admit it, we're a nation of slobs who won't be happy until we can go to the mall in a diaper.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 05:28 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
sneakers are comfortable.
end of story...

But slip ons are effortless.

Hey!

Kicky's post reminded me of the plastic sandals I had when I was a teenylowan.

I loved them! They were bright yellow, and I could wear them into the sea, when there were lots of rocks!

They were way cool.

Crocs look like great gardening shoes to me.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 05:45 pm
personnel at our local hospitals are no longer allowed to wear crocs .
a dropped needle will effortlessly penetrate the crocs and get lodged in the foot - so they are now VERBOTEN !
actually showed a demo on local TV - ouch !
perhaps they'll have to have some crocs with steel-mesh reinforced tops for hospital personnel .
hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 05:46 pm
Oh, and there's some deal with kids getting their crocs stuck in escalator steps and getting hurt..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 06:11 pm
I *just* saw that for the first time, freaky. Not online either, as in part of the search -- sozlet's school had some kind of a newspaper (student-written) and there was an article about that, which I just read. (Something like that just happened with nimh, too, same article within a few minutes, independently.)

Anyway...

I can see how it'd be a problem but I'm not actually concerned, seems easy enough to avoid.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 06:50 pm
I found this photo while I was looking for pics of Batali wearing crocs. My eyes! My eyes!

http://lh6.google.com/image/katie.favazza/RnA5Ger4vII/AAAAAAAAAFc/JlwQaqfAAB4/s800/bush%2Bcrocs.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 06:54 pm
Hah!

But those weren't argyle knee socks...

(If I ever see an escalator when I'm wearing my pseudo crocs, I'll take the stairs.) I did read that there were going to fix whatever the sole pattern wqs that got caught.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 07:23 pm
Crocs are the shoe of choice in my end of the flower biz. We stand all day, sometimes up to our ankles in leaves, petals, plants trimmings, soil, etc. and lots of water. Crocs are light, easy to clean, and the ones with holes allow your feet to breathe. I wear mine (have a black pair & a green pair) with pseudo-orthotic insoles for extra comfort and support. Back in the day when I worked in restaurant kitchens, all the chefs wore clogs -- I'll bet that most of them have switched to crocs, now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 07:38 pm
Waves to Tico... crocs come in black for women? I may have to go for it.

I do wear clogs, Dansko's, otherwise, a lot of the time. My feet are still in pretty good shape, and I'll soon be 96....

I read the sartorialist.com for amusement, slight edification, and the photography. I look at the 5" inch heels and think of the teetering, er, pedestalia....

My business partner and I used to wear danskos in the field, most of the year. Crocs are not to cross fields, at least relatively bumpy fields, but pretty comfy for the grocery store.

Memories of the last time I went through some landscape arch/contractor exhibit at a giant convention center... Concrete for a zillion hours.
Not sure if I'd like Danskos or crocs or my Air Max better for that.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 07:52 pm
jespah wrote:
I found this photo while I was looking for pics of Batali wearing crocs. My eyes! My eyes!

http://lh6.google.com/image/katie.favazza/RnA5Ger4vII/AAAAAAAAAFc/JlwQaqfAAB4/s800/bush%2Bcrocs.jpg

are those presidential seal socks? i hope not, that would be plain retarded... then again, i would not be all that surprised.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 08:02 pm
You have a good eye. I think they are......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 08:09 pm
ossobuco wrote:
You have a good eye. I think they are......

While I have a browser that easily magnifies.

The nadir has been plumbed.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 10:43 pm
Dag, that's exactly what I was thinking...
Presidental seal socks!

forget the crocs, look at the socks!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 10:46 pm
I mean I'm glad to see people taking pride in their job but Rolling Eyes Laughing

But whatever, it doesn't really matter in his case. There are far bigger fish to fry.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 10:48 pm
speaking of guppies..
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 10:50 pm
Seems that others have noticed the socks as well
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 10:56 pm
Kinda retard-gay looking, and, as a kid, I had a pair of CORFAM shoes, they were always uncomfortable, those crocs look the same.

My wife wears "Ducks" (LL Beans old croc_ for barn work, she can hose em off and then leave em out in the barn when shes done.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 09:13 am
I can see crocs for kids, sozobe, but they should be outlawed for anyone over the age of puberty (except for perhaps kicking around the house/yard) and for men - men should be whipped for wearing those things.

Nice kicky - my thoughts exactly.

Oh my lord, jespah - I now have zero respect for that man.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Men and Crocs
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 11:37:12