Looking for an Internship - Mexican in Europe

el pohl

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 08:15 am
So, I'm studying in the Netherlands the last year of Bachelor Degree in Mechatronics. Starting this January/February 2008 I need to find myself a 6 month internship in a local company OR somewhere in the neighboring countries (Belgium for instance... maybe even France or Spain).

I've been sending CV's to some big companies: Philips, Shell, ABB, Schneider Electric, Mars, General Electric, among others. I don't know if I will be lucky enough to get a position there, so I want to widen up my spectrum. One of the main disadvantages that I feel I have is the lack of a third language and programming skills...

If anyone around here knows of a company, works in one, or just has some idea on where I could fit in, I would DEEPLY appreciate it. I suppose an international company would be an obvious first step, but... well... I'm not from here.

Thanks so much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,185 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 01:21 pm
Does your program have any kind of career counseling person?

I'm no help, Pohl, but good luck.
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:29 pm
Hey Osso! By the way, I just had lentils! Indian cooked lentils mind you. Theres something with indian food that resembles mexican... mmm... mexican food...

Anyways. Yes! There is an employment department or something similar in my school, but they are not giving us many options. Mostly small companies here in the southernmost part of The Netherlands. Nothing very spectacular.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:42 pm
There's an international firm here in my hometown ... with a company in Mexico as well as in The Netherlands, and in Belgium, and in France, and in ... :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:48 pm
I've just looked at their (German) webside: for their companies in my hometown and the nearby bigger city -alone- they are searching about 15 internship students in mechatronics.
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 07:07 am
Aaaaah great info Walter! Hopefully I don't need to know german... 'cause I don't! Mwahaha.

I'll investigate in the website. Thanks so much.
0 Replies