Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 04:24 pm
Squinney--

Friday night? With an almost full moon?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 04:49 pm
Wait, I'm confused, is Gracie your dog?

Meantime, I didn't mean to just toss your angst off, early on, Squinney.
I'll also add that I wrote something to you on the Diane thead after you posted, and that post flew away and I rewrote it forgetting to mention you.

You are demonstrably competent - many times you have me slackjawed in awe re your salient posts.

I understand being camfloogled, and I'm not as all cheery as many, re things resolving to wonderful for any of us in struggles. However, it's the journey. It's the figuring out what interests you now, and may open up to interesting tomorrow. You will get through this somehow more, uh, integrated re you and the needs, some genuine, of others.

I don't want you to feel dealing-battered, you are more than competent.

I think you need a trip.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:03 pm
I have a friend, or not, of some medium time. I met her when she was an assistant on a big project I was coordinator of, under two mad directors.
She and I pulled the project out of complete debacle into semi debacle.

I was her superior, but she had the higher degree. No matter, we were friends, as was her husband and mine.

I won't say I taught her about food and style and art/architecture, but let's say I was an influence. She always had a snob thing going, sometimes near funny, something to do with family messes, but was interesting past that.

My own prospects, so called, have diminished for varied reasons, but I'm the same person. Hers have bloomed since she married mr. rich.
Last I heard, she thought her old friends, all of us, including me, lead such small lives.

I figure she is probably lonely now, way up there where she climbed. Too bad, as I would have liked to heard all about her exploration.

What is my point in this digression? Retain your sense of self. Retain, maintain. Be calm. We know you are good, we know you are competent.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:25 pm
Gracie is my daughters dog - although I have been her main caregiver. Daughter moves out this weekend and is taking Gracie with her. She's moving in with boyfriend (that I don't like for many very good reasons) but she's almost 19, so what can I do? Her car loan and insurance is in my name, we'll see what happens with that.

I've taken on a second job to try to cover bills, even though first one is 65+ hours a week. I'm on my 22nd day without a day off with several of those being 15 hour days.

I'm dealing with the old folks that barge into the clubhouse no matter what (remember holidays don't apply to them, and Martin Luther Kings BD isn't a real holiday?) I swear they are OCD about the friggin tablecloths.

I got a new boss last week that I'm not sure will back me the way previous one did.

Even yoga got pissy with me this past week. Someone insisted on having a party the night I was supposed to be setting up for a weekend event and threatened to call management about my job - this for a church youth group. I lost it and told her back off and not go there. Anyway, that threw everyone off for the weekend event (holiday bazaar). And, someone called wanting me to do more cheerleading to get people out to the parties I do for the community. Rah-Rah. Rolling Eyes All of this while having shopped for and served over 600 cups of hot chocolate for the little halloweeners with the serving assistance of one other person.

Oh, and son is struggling with school. Fully capable, but slacking. Getting calls from teachers weekly. And, he needs a new pair of shoes. And, I have a major festival to throw this weekend after a 5K that I'm also managing alone.

I would be looking forward to Thanksgiving but I have to put up the holiday decorations in the clubhouse that weekend.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:31 pm
You don't sound like a loser, you sound like a very busy woman.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:40 pm
Ahhh, I see. You are run ragged, but also need the money, if there is money attached to all this.

Do you? Can you delegate at all?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:41 pm
65 hours plus more work? this is not sanity giving.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:46 pm
No delegating to speak of. Could be just run ragged, but it's leading to nothing being done as well as it should be. Can't use that excuse for lousy mothering though.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:53 pm
squinney wrote:
Gracie is my daughters dog - although I have been her main caregiver. Daughter moves out this weekend and is taking Gracie with her. She's moving in with boyfriend (that I don't like for many very good reasons) but she's almost 19, so what can I do? Her car loan and insurance is in my name, we'll see what happens with that.

I've taken on a second job to try to cover bills, even though first one is 65+ hours a week. I'm on my 22nd day without a day off with several of those being 15 hour days.

I'm dealing with the old folks that barge into the clubhouse no matter what (remember holidays don't apply to them, and Martin Luther Kings BD isn't a real holiday?) I swear they are OCD about the friggin tablecloths.

I got a new boss last week that I'm not sure will back me the way previous one did.

Even yoga got pissy with me this past week. Someone insisted on having a party the night I was supposed to be setting up for a weekend event and threatened to call management about my job - this for a church youth group. I lost it and told her back off and not go there. Anyway, that threw everyone off for the weekend event (holiday bazaar). And, someone called wanting me to do more cheerleading to get people out to the parties I do for the community. Rah-Rah. Rolling Eyes All of this while having shopped for and served over 600 cups of hot chocolate for the little halloweeners with the serving assistance of one other person.

Oh, and son is struggling with school. Fully capable, but slacking. Getting calls from teachers weekly. And, he needs a new pair of shoes. And, I have a major festival to throw this weekend after a 5K that I'm also managing alone.

I would be looking forward to Thanksgiving but I have to put up the holiday decorations in the clubhouse that weekend.

Son is with me tonight. I made him do his homework before I let him do anything else. So that's done. If he needs new shoes and you don't have the cash you know I'll take care of it. That's another thing done. I was there to help you set up and tear down your big weekend event, and I'll be there for you to help you with the Christmas decorations.

Like bailing a rowboat with a teaspoon perhaps, but it's a little something and I don't waste my time on losers.

Have a glass of the 2 buck chuck and take a breath.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:55 pm
Oh my gosh I clicked on this thread and saw it was Squinney and I laughed out loud because Squinney is less loserish than just about anybody.

Then I realized that you were really feeling bad, Squinney.

And I read along and it's clear that you're not a loser, you're overwhelmed.

You need a mental health day, girlfriend. Serious.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:59 pm
Does having a son having a hard time in school make you a lousy mother?

Oh my. I must be one of the worst mothers ever.

Does having your daughter move in with her boyfriend make you a lousy mother?

My mom must have been horrid.

You need some perspective. Mental health day is definately in order.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 06:02 pm
You can't control everything. I really doubt you are any kind of lousy mother.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:22 pm
Friday is Appreciate Squiney Day.

If Eliza Doolittle can do it for herself, we can do it for Squinney.

I'll take care of the Wolf Pack.

Letty and Mame will handle music.

Any more volunteers?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:23 pm
Ill handle the research grants
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:26 pm
Wait, Mame can't sing. I know this since I pay attention as I can't sing either.

Mame and I will cook...

Diane has a very musical voice. Perhaps she'll join in with Letty.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:28 pm
I'll play the drums! (or is that beat the drum?)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:28 pm
An old quote comes to mind.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time. You can't fool all the people all the time. I think that was Abe Lincoln, or some other politician.

Now, we're not some of the people, Squinney, and surely you don't think you've fooled all of us, all the time, do you? We know you are no loser. What we don't know, is how to convince you.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:31 pm
You all are funny.

Thank you.

Seriously, I feel better already. And, I'm not just saying that to stop Mame from singing.

However, please refrain from references to Wolf Packs when attempting to cheer a Duke fan. Very Happy
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:33 pm
Duke? Yuch! Go Heels!

Feel better, Squinney.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:38 pm
I snap at your "heels."

(growl.... ruff, ruff.)

Thanks, snood.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm Such a Loser
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/17/2024 at 06:12:47