NOTE TO ALL ROCK STARS OVER 40

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 01:16 pm
Hamal wrote:
Yea I'd bet VH will help get rid of that bad taste. Roth was the quintessential rock front man no doubt.

kickycan wrote:
Bill Hicks is god.

I loved his stuff. This little bit definitely fits here:

Bill Hicks - Play from your f*cking heart!

Yeah, I have that somewhere in the annals of my collection of Bill Hicks videotapes and video clips and links...I used to be kind of obsessed with the man. Great great GREAT stuff. Have you seen him do the bit where he talks about Jimi Hendrix cutting 80's pop star Tiffany in half with his giant rock-star buzz-saw penis? So vicious, and so f---ing funny.
0 Replies

Hamal

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 02:27 pm
Oh man, no, I don't think I have seen that one but it's been a little while since I've watched his stuff. Sounds like classic Hicks! I actually laughed just reading your summary of it. I've seen at least 4 or 5 of the hour shows that have been released and a few random clips here and there. I wish I'd gotten to see him live.

There is quite a bit of his stuff over there at youtube which is great. They actually used to have more but it looks like some of it was taken down for some reason. Although there are a few listed that I haven't seen before so I am going to have to check this out.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:33 pm
Hamal wrote:
Roth was the quintessential rock front man no doubt.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:48 pm
Jim Dandy was Roths' prototype...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:58 pm
I've never had the pleasure of witnessing Mr. Mangrum but, Mick Jagger put the front in rock front man. Rock only now. Not blues or boogey woogey. (I just had a vision of Coleman Hawkins was it Shocked draped in feathers and bones and crawling on the floor screeching "I put a spell on you!"
Now he was a front man way, way back in the day.
0 Replies