VICE PRESIDENT CHENEY AND SENATOR OBAMA (DISTANT) COUSINS !

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 12:59 pm
it's not obama's fault ...

Quote:
Cheney, Obama 'distant cousins' Shocked

They may be polar opposites politically but US Vice-President Dick Cheney and Democratic candidate Barack Obama are related, Mr Cheney's wife says.
Lynne Cheney said she had discovered while doing family research for a new book that her husband and the Illinois senator were eighth cousins.

She said she traced a common ancestor of the two men to be a 17th century immigrant from France.

She described the connection as "amazing".

"This is such an amazing American story that one ancestor... could be responsible down the family line for lives that have taken such different and varied paths."

According to Mrs Cheney's spokeswoman, Mr Obama is distantly related to Mareen Duvall, whose son Samuel married the granddaughter of Mr Cheney's ancestor, also called Richard Cheney.

Mr Obama's spokesman, Bill Burton, responded to the news by saying: "Every family has a black sheep. :wink: "

source :
CHENEY - OBAMA RELATED
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 657 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 01:51 pm
Bush too, did you see that?

How many people is Obama related to now? It's quite a few.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 01:52 pm
(Er, ya know, famous people. I'm related to quite a few people myself...)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 02:00 pm
cheney would have a heart attack.... if he had one...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 02:51 pm
Using the same warped line of logic that a lot of idiots use when forwarding slimey emails and writing comments on blogs and news articles about Obama:

In the 1960's Barack's mother gave birth to him in Hawaii and labeled him the same middle name as the last name of an Islamic dictator we would go to war with 40 years later therefore he must be a terrorist.

In the 1960's Barack Obama's mother sent him to primary school in the Islamic country she was living in and volunteering her medical skills to at the time, therefore he studied to become a radical muslim terrorist.

Even though Barack Obama is a completely different person from a completely different state, he has an odd sounding name like the terrorists. Therefore it was him who was sworn into office using Jefferson's copy of the Koran.

Barack Obama is related to Dick Cheney. Therefore Dick Cheney must be one of the Islamic terrorists plotting to take over the U.S. government.

No wonder Cheney and company are so focused on consolidating presidential powers.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 04:51 pm
as an aside :
i watched a program recently - PBS , TVO ? - where a genealogist explained that we don't have to go back very far to find out that we are related to all kinds of people : famous , infamous and just you and me !
colin powell is related to the british royal family , i learned recently . apparently one of the royal british governors in the british colonies is one of his ancestors .
hbg
0 Replies