Cell Phone Challenge Question

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 10:59 pm
I need to stream live video from a mobile location to a website or customer. I will have WiFi access at the shoot location and I would prefer to stay with verizon if possible.

QUESTION: Is there a cell-phone/hh device that can record quality video and stream it live to a website?

or

A camera that will pair wirelessly with a cell phone which will then stream the video? Any input is appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 836 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 02:15 am
Re: Cell Phone Challenge Question
PaulfromPA wrote:

QUESTION: Is there a cell-phone/hh device that can record quality video and stream it live to a website?

No, firstly there are few cell phones that can record "quality" video at all and no cell phone service with fast enough bandwidth to stream.

Quote:

A camera that will pair wirelessly with a cell phone which will then stream the video? Any input is appreciated.

Nope, again this won't work without a middle layer to encode. You should talk to video streaming networks like vitalstream or limelight as they will have some solutions for you, but there's no widely available consumer electronics device that will do what you describe.
0 Replies

PaulfromPA

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 03:22 pm
Thankyou very much Robert.

I think I will contact those companies.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 03:48 pm
Another possible solution is some kind of webcam or spycam. A few of those come with streaming solutions but the quality will not be good. But do note that few end-users have the bandwidth to stream high quality video.
0 Replies

PaulfromPA

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 02:57 am
Hello Robert,
Just in case you're interested... following up on your webcam suggestion I think I might have found the solution...

Two software programs that I found are Wwigo by motvik and webcameraplus by ateksoft.

I am now considering buying a nokia N95 and just lugging around a laptop to accomplish the project.

Thanks again!
Paul
0 Replies

PaulfromPA

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 02:59 am
oh also mobiola by warelex: http://www.warelex.com/products/webcam/
0 Replies