Cure for cancer, i have heard of 2... not convinced.

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 08:36 am
One said, that by injecting "diluted or weakened/dead bacteria" into a cancerous tumor activated part of the immune system that is usually supressed by the cancer itself, eliminating it using the bodies natural defenses.(or something similar, i dont remember exactly)

-It makes sense to me, but all they would have to do is lie and im not in med school so i wouldn't know, is this possible, at all?

The other says using the harmonic frequency of the molecules in the virus or cancer to destroy it.

Rifes cancer cure

Im sure its a lie, but it also makes sense.

What are the chances either of these 2 work?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 684 • Replies: 7
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 10:37 am
Like you're going to get a reliable answer on here?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 01:13 pm
Immunostimulatory substances (adjuvants) have been used in vaccines for decades, and there have been experiments using various immunostimulatory substances (bacterial and otherwise) to prime the body's immune system against a tumor, so it's not inconceivable that just using whole bacteria might have some effect. Of course, it's also very possible that it wouldn't do a thing.

As to the site you've linked -- have you gone to the parent page? I don't think I'd rely on www.rense.com for the latest and greatest in any sort of therapy, and this harmonic frequency thing sounds utterly absurd to me, especially since cancer cells are just our own cells run amok.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 09:11 am
the problem isn't that cancer suppresses the immune system, it is that cancer is your OWN body. your immune system ignores cancer because it is not a foreign body. most cures (other than chemo) rely on making a tumor express a protein on its cell membranes that will trigger an immune response. simply injecting a bacteria into a tumor won't do this - at least not in whole. more likely, your body will destroy the bacteria and leave most if not all the tumor cells in tact.

i'd have to say the resonance thing is complete crap. while it's true that every element and molecule does have a specific resonance energy (this is how chromatography works), the idea that an organism (which is made up of billions/trillions of different molecules) would have a specific frequency is ridiculous. most obviously, because not every organism of a specific species is identical.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:36 pm
Actually, studies have found that nonspecific immunostimulation has some effect against certain types of cancer (certain carcinomas, I think) under experimental conditions. I've only heard about the stuff tangentially, but literature searches yield peer-reviewed articles like this one...

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1459911

...that demonstrate that there are innate immune responses against tumors. A lot of work is being done to find chemical signals (e.g., cytokines) that upregulate activity of the cells involved in tumor surveillance, and a very crude (and likely ineffective) way to do this might be to introduce certain antigens that produce generate a cytokine-soup that is conducive to antitumor activity.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 09:49 pm
Huh, we worked with cytokines back in the early days. At least some were specific (but I don't know stuff since then).
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 04:48 am
patiodog wrote:
Actually, studies have found that nonspecific immunostimulation has some effect against certain types of cancer...

I think this is the biggest problem with this sort of thing. People outside of the medical/scientific community trend to lump all cancers together and forget that what works on one type may do nothing on other types.

There is no single cure for cancer and there never will be.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 05:06 am
fishin wrote:
patiodog wrote:
Actually, studies have found that nonspecific immunostimulation has some effect against certain types of cancer...

I think this is the biggest problem with this sort of thing. People outside of the medical/scientific community trend to lump all cancers together and forget that what works on one type may do nothing on other types.

There is no single cure for cancer and there never will be.

I came in to express this same sentiment.
0 Replies