What's the oldest e-mail in your e-mail program?

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 12:14 pm
sozobe inspired me to start this when she wrote:
E.G. just forwarded an email I'd sent him -- in 1994! It featured some homemade ascii art. :-)

i have one in yahoo from 12/20/00, informing a bunch of people that i was leaving my old job for this one.

my oldest e-mail was written sometime in '95, but it's lost to the ages...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,225 • Replies: 15
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 12:18 pm
i have a printout of the first email i got and that i sent. same addresser/addressee - the Monster, my ex. It was in 1995. Don't have those emails though anymore, or that address.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 12:20 pm
printouts don't count Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 12:22 pm
I have emails from 2000 in my old Imac, which slumbers on disconnected under this table... don't remember what the first one was. Used a computer much earlier, probably late eighties, but was somehow askeert of Email...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 12:28 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
printouts don't count Razz

in that case it would be 2007. i'm an obsessive deleter.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 02:25 pm
Me too!! 99 % of my emails get deleted on a daily basis - I do keep some
memorable ones, but they're not older than 2 years.

I do remember my very first email though Razz
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 04:42 pm
7/17/03, from Noddy, actually. Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 05:41 pm
what is really strange, just the other day I recieved a new email from someone , and they SENT IT in 2002.
I confirmed this email by forwarding it to her, and it turned out to really be an email she sent years ago.

so that is my oldest email
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 05:45 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
what is really strange, just the other day I recieved a new email from someone , and they SENT IT in 2002.
I confirmed this email by forwarding it to her, and it turned out to really be an email she sent years ago.

At least it made it. Only 5 years late Laughing Laughing

Oh, you had a question. 1/2007 from a guy who said I was a brat. That is all he wrote "You are a brat" Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 05:52 pm
Oh man, I have so many emails...

I delete the outright spammy stuff, and the ads and deals that I keep for a while and then delete later, but I have pretty much everything I've received or sent of a personal nature from the past <counting> gack 15 years. (I'd have to put some work into finding it but the oldest one I have on my computer would be from 1992. The oldest one in my Yahoo account is from 1997. Oldest one in Mac Mail is from 2004 -- when I bought the computer.)

I do a lot of substantial communication via email -- once my parents got computers I pretty much stopped using the phone entirely. So there is a lot that I'm glad I've kept. And it's almost entirely organized in folders and sub-folders. But oh, man, so much of it...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 05:54 pm
The oldest I still have is from 01/02/00 - from a friend, Dave Schools, about a "Sunday Hang" - first of the year.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 06:10 pm
Order confirmation from an organic brewing supply shop in CA. Obviously it's very important to me.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 06:13 pm
my first email in my current account (gmail - i have 4 or 5 others) is from 2005 - two pictures titled "Why do bikers wear black shorts?" - with bikers in black shorts in the first photo and bikers in red shorts in the second... i'm sure it made rounds here, too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 06:17 pm
In my current account, something on Jan. 2006 from my real estate agent here in NM.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 02:05 am
shewolfnm wrote:

i have received spam with intentionally altered sent dates (ie. 12/25/69)...

soz wrote:
I have pretty much everything I've received or sent of a personal nature from the past <counting> gack 15 years.

in an effort to keep my e-mail programs lean n' mean, i save the keepsakes (including work-related stuff) as txt files...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 06:25 am
Well, depends on what you mean by "programs" I guess.

I've given up on my Yahoo account -- that's for commerce, basically. (I.e. if I order something online.) It's huge, but works fine.

My main email account is Earthlink -- I keep the actual account clear (as in, if I check it on the web I have nothing in it), and process it through Mac Mail. Once it's in folders (which about 99% of it is), it's on the computer and not "in" the program.
0 Replies