Did Craven de Kere kill a bear?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 07:44 pm
Oh, good.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 07:55 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I'd forgotten about the amazing JLN self-portrait that Joanne Dorel posted at The Realm. Simply amazing.

and a pic of Mary Pope as a tiny tot. I have that one saved at home from about 7 years ago - but it's nice to see it online - she won't ever be forgotten this way.

Big smiles here.
There are some really nice pictures and self portraits there. I was just surprised to come across that site while looking for animal pictures.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 07:56 pm
Re: Did Craven de Kere kill a bear?
TTH wrote:
TTH wrote:
Did Craven de Kere kill a Grizzly Bear?
I simply asked a yes or no question. At least that is what I thought it was. Then when some of you wanted more information I only answered your questions. I didn't name the site, post a link or even link the picture. All I wanted to know was did he kill the bear. Last time I asked a question regarding him was about a bunny. So, I won't ask anymore questions regarding him and animals.

and you really thought people would reply yes or no? when they had not the first clue what on earth are you talking about? do you realize how ridiculous that question is without the context which you didn't give initially?

and not asking about CdK anymore strikes me as a wise choice.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 07:59 pm
No, I don't find the question ridiculous because if someone asked one of my friends "Hey, did Monica kill a bear?" they would know the answer.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:03 pm
I'm surprised that Craven's ears haven't been ringing* by all this
commotion about him.

*my grandmother used to say that:
if someone talks about you, your ears are ringing!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:03 pm
Re: Did Craven de Kere kill a bear?
dagmaraka wrote:
.....and not asking about CdK anymore strikes me as a wise choice.
That is not what I wrote. It really isn't worth an arguement but, that is exactly what I was talking about before. You, not just you dagmaraka, don't read what someone writes. I wrote I won't ask anymore questions about him & ANIMALS.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:05 pm
wandeljw wrote:
90 replies in less than 7 hours. How does TTH do it?

one word...

[size=7]tarbaby[/size]
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:06 pm
my favourite animal - and the first photo I ever took with my webcam - l'k posted it for me (before the Realm existed)

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QABMG38TFnxNzVcG6PeP7LMwL1zZNL243OTX7geSKpj2XRKmA1EHVPiT31geZcJ1GdmqyXcyazCxZRMUwwjN9Bf7xEMTaiWwAAAAAAAAAAA/bboss.jpg

Jan 3, 2001. We were such babies. Bailey is on senior dog food now Confused
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:08 pm
JPB
You are just rude, mean and cruel and that post was totally uncalled for.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:08 pm
TTH wrote:
No, I don't find the question ridiculous because if someone asked one of my friends "Hey, did Monica kill a bear?" they would know the answer.

i was wondering about that , i noticed that dead bear on monica's lawn
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:11 pm
i read what you wrote. and not asking or talking about cdk anymore AT ALL still strikes me as a wise choice. that doesn't mean you will make that choice. because the choice....is yours.

so you wouldn't be one bit puzzled if a friend of yours, or actually, no- if an acquaintance of yours, one that you have sort of an unpleasant history with, would go asking your friends, out of the blue, whether you killed a bear? You would not find that one bit strange or unsettling? Because, and i can speak only for myself, of course, i'd be rather ticked off (on top of the initial WTF reaction)...
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:12 pm
From the story I heard, the bear died from lack of food as it was awaiting her return.

Story has it that Monica had returned from a camping trip not realizing that she had won the heart of said bear after doing a wonderful rendition of the Yogi bear theme song.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:14 pm
JPB wrote:
wandeljw wrote:

one word...
[size=7]tarbaby[/size]

What's a tarbaby?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:22 pm
tth, how did you come across raven's realm? not through an internet search, right? because msn groups photos do not pop up in internet search. just curious.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:30 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
i read what you wrote. and not asking or talking about cdk anymore AT ALL still strikes me as a wise choice. that doesn't mean you will make that choice. because the choice....is yours.

so you wouldn't be one bit puzzled if a friend of yours, or actually, no- if an acquaintance of yours, one that you have sort of an unpleasant history with, would go asking your friends, out of the blue, whether you killed a bear? You would not find that one bit strange or unsettling? Because, and i can speak only for myself, of course, i'd be rather ticked off (on top of the initial WTF reaction)...
No, if someone asked a question about me it wouldn't tick me off. I don't know why it should. What ticks me off is if I am accused of something that isn't true. Questions don't bother me.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:33 pm
i asked if you wouldn't find it strange and puzzling. not if it would tick you off. i said it would tick ME off.
0 Replies

JPB

CalamityJane wrote:
JPB wrote:
wandeljw wrote:

one word...
[size=7]tarbaby[/size]

What's a tarbaby?

Something you can't get away from once you get embroiled. It keeps drawing you in and no matter how hard you try to get out of the tar you you can't get away. It's from Br'er Rabbit.

Quote:
Tar-Baby was a doll made of tar and turpentine, used to entrap Br'er Rabbit in the second of the Uncle Remus stories. The more that Br'er Rabbit fought the Tar-Baby, the more entangled he became. In contemporary usage a tar baby refers to any "sticky situation" that is only aggravated by efforts to solve it. wiki
0 Replies

TTH

dagmaraka wrote:
tth, how did you come across raven's realm? not through an internet search, right? because msn groups photos do not pop up in internet search. just curious.
Sorry, I just saw that you asked this. Yes, I did do an internet search. I don't keep my history though so I am not totally sure what words I entered. I will try and remember and tell you though.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:37 pm
Thank you, JPB for the explanation.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:42 pm
Schlumps...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/02/2024 at 03:37:07