Good-looking Home, and Pets: Mutually Exclusive?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 06:53 pm
Hmm, corgis are double coated cuties. Big sensitive ears though - I would think that even if a vacuum worked to fling the hair from body to some pit in the nether regions that my brave boy would be very uncomfortable. Hmmm, new product, how about silent vacuums??? Perhaps that give little massages...cough.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 06:55 pm
Here are some tips from various websites...

A nifty device called a corner comb can help groom your cat. It is a comb that attaches to the corner of a wall that your cat can rub against. Spraying the comb with a little catnip spray often gets the pets attention.

If your pet has already adopted a couch or chair as his favorite spot, try treating it with a fabric protector. This often helps make it easier to vacuum hair from the surface and keep it from working its way into the fabric. Vacuuming upholstered furniture is the gold standard for most hair removal. Use special brush attachments for wood furniture. A magnetized dust wand helps pick up and hold hair.

Regular vacuuming will help remove most of the pet hair. Very fine hair is often difficult to remove even with repeated vacuuming. One trick is to wet a terry cloth towel just until it's damp. Wipe your carpet down with damp towel. This helps collect the hair in a small pile that can be picked up from the surface. This works especially well if your pet has a favorite place to lie and leaves behind a lot of hair.

Another tool is a carpet rake - a specialized implement designed to fluff the nap of the carpet and rake up the pet hair.

Cleaning Pet Hair Off Furniture:
Dampen a sponge with water and wring out. Wipe surface of upholstered furniture with sponge. Use circular motion to ball up fur. Works great!

http://www.pethairpickerupper.com/media/gripper.gif

The Pet-Hair-Picker-Upper is an excellent tool that can be used for a lot more thanĀ  pet hair - it works to remove the pills from fleece and blankets!

Allergy season is here, don't let the hair and lint cause you any more misery.

The Pet-Hair-Picker-Upper will help you get rid of un-wanted pet hair from your furniture, clothes, and vehicles.
See a demo here.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 07:13 pm
I think I need to hire some Pet Hair Obtainers on a biweekly basis, yessirree.

Hmm, there we go, a new business for me in my later years when I still can't afford to retire. I can't do it myself, as I would go into some kind of asthmatic tharn, but I could manage a group of hair slickers, a stable, like an artists' stable, for hire. Call Us for Your Cat Hair, Your Dog Hair, Your Far Flung Bird Seed.

And then what. Collect the hair for compost, or birds' nests, or special yarns..
Gee, I suppose it would need to be sanitized.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 08:41 pm
At the other site I frequent, not Abuzz, there are occasional requests for dog hair by a few of the nuttier weavers. O.K., maybe they're not nutty. It just seems that way to me.

A couple of people I have worked with bought those vacuum attachments to comb/clean their dogs' coats. Apparently work like a charm - the dogs like the massaging feeling. It might work for us. Neither Bailey nor Cleo mind the vacuum. They dislike the whine of the hair dryer, but the vacuum isn't a bother to them. Hmmmmmmm, must look for the pet comb attachment.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 12:45 am
Oh thankee all!!!!!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 03:09 am
Why dont you get rid of the carpets and get wooden floors ?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 03:33 am
Barely have carpets. Mainly have wooden floors. Wooden floors covered with a fine drift of pet hair very quickly after each vacuum - equally annoying - in fact , carpet shows it less, and controls it more.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 03:36 am
Why dont you get rid of the wooden floors and get carpets ?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 01:43 am
Late here, but watching and waiting for some GOOD ideas.

There's enough fur around my place to start another decent-sized cat Confused

I had a cat that used to like being vacuumed, but this current one - forget it! And this is the furriest of the lot!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 02:34 am
I vacuumed Oscar the other night! he doesn't mind the new one - the Dyson!

I combed, too - didn't rely just on the vacuum - but it the task way easier.

Wouldn't even THINK of vacuuming tiny Paranoia - otherwise known as Miranda...
0 Replies