• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 746 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 09:19 pm
Hi Tigiie

I'm still battling with the cryptic, but here are my answers sofar, perhaps someone will verify. Smile

32a = gap
72a = sugar
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:22 pm
Colossus Cryptic 112
I have the same answers as you Dutchy for 32a and 72a but they are only hopeful answers so far. What do you have for 56a Walk off with outlaw- backwards! I have n?b. Could it be nab? These 3 letter clues can be a big headache sometimes.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:33 pm
Hi Tuesday

At the moment I have "ben", was thinking of outlaw Ben Hall?

Will do a bit more swotting, also have the Holiday Collection Giant Cryptic in front of me. Laughing
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:46 pm
Colossus cryptic 112
I haven't started Holiday yet.Still working on Colossus stinker slowly. At least at this stage we have time on our side.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 01:31 am
Hi all!

Not an easy cryptic this time!

I tossed up between GAP and GSP for Gaza Strip seen from outer space. I finally settled on GSP for Global Satellite Positioning (the outer space bit) and also when taken from the 'outer' extremes of the phrase you get G and P with S in the centre. I am willing to be convinced that this is incorrect if someone can come up with a good reason for GAP.

No trouble with SUGAR - US backwards = SU + GAR (fish)

I have NAB for 56a. To outlaw something is to ban it. Backwards this is NAB. I found three meanings for 'nab': 1. to arrest or capture; 2. to catch or seize, especially suddenly; and 3. to snatch or steal. I thought to 'walk off with' fitted No.3

Is that of any help?
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 06:13 am
colossus cryptic 112
Thank you for those answers lezzles, its always good to get a confirmation from you and helps when you say it's not an easy puzzle this time. Take care.
0 Replies

farkha

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 02:22 am
Just a thought.
1. Strip is also a divider viz median strip, hence more likely Gap
2. Nab backwards Ban - expel, blacklist, debar, exclude, ostracize, oust, reject. I am partial to NAB, however will await the ruling of the experts.
0 Replies