Ladies are you offended by...

Mame

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 07:09 pm
Why are you typing with one finger and how difficult is it to memorize where they are? They are all in the same location. That's just pure laziness.
0 Replies

DrMom

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 07:15 pm
Ok I admit I am lazy. I love being lazy on A2k. One of the few places on earth where you can be whatever you want to be.

I am at work just told one of my male colleagues "looks like You are going through midlife crisis"
Within a split second HE goes " Why? Did you see my new Porsche in the parking lot"
We both had a good laugh. Now that is my kind of humor. I would think twice about saying that to a female I am about 65% sure they would get offended.
0 Replies

DrMom

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 09:50 am
Quote:
Personally, I like correct spelling and correct punctuation. It makes everything easier to read and understand, by those of us who know who to do both, that is.

If you know how to do both that should give added power to understand those who are not Native speakers. I believe knowledge is power, why is it making you less powerless. If someone learned my native language and then tried to communicate with me in my native language, I would not be focusing on punctuation marks and spelling I will be focusing on what it is that they want to communicate. I honestly don't know any punctation marks or spellings in spanish but I communicate just fine with my Nanny because there is a need to understand. The days that I don't want to be bothered by her I just say. I don't know what you are saying. So comfortable Isn't it.

Quote:
I hate trying to figure out what someone's saying when it's due to a lack of punctuation.

I also hate to try to figure out what someone is saying when they use Bathroom words but unfortunately I have to put some extra effort in trying to understand because use of these words is much more common than lack of punctuation and spelling which to me is easier to overcome.

Quote:
Your post, DrMom, is one of those. I usually just pass them by but yours was a little rude so it caught my attention.

I hate to be a rude person so please enlighten me by describing what exactly was rude?

Quote:
Notice my spelling and punctuation are perfect.

Yes, I do notice. How spell checker could not capture Shite.

Quote:
I skip over all that "shite" and you'll seldom, if ever, see me in those threads. They are painful to read. As painful as trying to distinguish what someone is trying to say without punctuation

I also skip over those where a lot of these words are used but I thought Shite was an addition to my vocabulary.

So my Dear friend Mame we all have our idiosyncracies and we can't judge whose are superior than others. That is a big part of growing up is for me is to overcome my Judgemental mind. I am doing pretty good right now.

When EOE said it is pathetic to see 50 yr olds hung up in the same ..... I said to myself Who are we to judge if their hangup is better than ours. Who are we to dictate what they should be hung up in. That is where I am coming from , and again didn't mean to be rude. The humor gets drier when you are tired and working and using A2k to escape intermittently on a work day.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:55:21