Ladies are you offended by...

Busma

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 07:23 pm
...women that are more attractive than you? Yes or no? Explain.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,479 • Replies: 62
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 06:29 am
Of course not. I have advantages all my own.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 06:32 am
Offended? Why on earth would a woman be offended by just the appearance of another woman?

If she's more attractive and a bitch and personally offends me in some way, yes.
Otherwise, no.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 06:56 am
Nope. Not as long as they don't have their hand down my husband's pants.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 07:04 am
What's the problem, Freeduck, of an attractive woman having her hands in your husband's pants? (She works at the laundry).

http://www.handyhanger.com/images/Original_Main.jpg
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 07:06 am
Pshaw! My husband can wash his own pants.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 07:54 am
Re: Ladies are you offended by...
Busma wrote:
...women that are more attractive than you? Yes or no? Explain.

offended?
That's a pretty strange reaction to have!
It's just life: some people are more physically "attractive" than others. But of course, attraction can be a pretty subjective thing.
Do you mean more attractive to men, or in general?
0 Replies

DrMom

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 08:57 am
No, I like beayty in any form. Just attractive may not create any reaction other than than admiration but if I feel they are as attractive as a person too then I want to get to know them more. Offended No.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 09:08 am
remember that commercial where the woman said "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" Rolling Eyes

oh yeah...like you have that kind of power.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 09:15 am
I think the poster may mean intimidated rather than offended. That's what came to mind when i first read this question. Many women who are terribly insecure are not simply jealous but actually intimidated by beautiful women. They're shy, can't look them in the eye and they feel inferior. "Less than". I see it in my profession alot. It's sad.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:19 am
Interesting eoe.

Yes, I think I can see how some women can be intimidated by that. It's easy enough for anyone to say "Oh, I don't care about what they look like", but it's true, I've seen women act differently when someone, not necessarily more beautiful, I guess the word would be more "powerful" is around. Myself included. Although, as I become older, there's fewer and fewer people in general that effect me that way, and certainly not if they are significantly younger than me. Oh…I might be more respectful, deferring to the knowledge, let's say, a physician who is younger than me may have, whether they be male or female. But, if we're not talking medicine, they get the respect I would give to any human being.

I think that's the gist of it. I defer to someone who has more knowledge or experience about a subject. Continuing with that thought, what does someone who's more beautiful than me have more knowledge of or experience about that I don't, based merely on her physical appearance?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 11:27 am
Traditionally, she's supposed to have more knowledge and experience with and about men but ****, we know that's not always the case, don't we? And today, even if she does, big deal. But back in the day, that was the end all and be all for us girls. Men. And how good you are at snagging them.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 01:33 pm
Oh Man!

If you're pretty you're supposed to be more knowledgeable about men?

That's a laugh.

To get down and dirty for a second, on more than one occassion I've had males friends mention some good looking chick they went out with and would basically say they were really really bad in bed. The reason the subject would come up was because they pointed out that the way they acted beforehand promised the world, but they didn't know how to follow through. Or, when a bunch of girls got together and got talking about stuff, a persons looks, or lack of didn't have much to do with if you were a prude, or loose, ignorant of certain things, or sophisticated.

OK, to get civilized again. I'm certainly not saying all pretty women don't know alot about men in "that" way, but it certainly isn't a given.

Knowing a lot about men in the emotional way, the able to make intelligent conversation way?

That's a people skill that doesn't matter who you are.

I've got a really good, there when you need her girlfriend who looks a lot like Shania Twain....yeah.

Thing is, she's really down to earth and intelligent, I mean the whole package...but she's had trouble in the past with some men not wanting to look past her appearance.

For the past few years, she's had a very busy life with personal projects, business ventures, and with some pretty deep educational/growth experiences. She said she honestly has to desire to be in a relationship, or even date at this moment. Her life if very fulfilling where it is right now.

She's aware that her feelings will probably be different at another point, maybe soon, maybe later. There's no worry about finding the right person to be with. She believes if it happens, it happens.

The point is, I expect people on the street look at her and never suspect she's not in a relationship, or on the prowl for one, or at least open to one right now.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 02:13 pm
Don't you know that beautiful women are threatening? They will take your man if you don't keep an eye on them. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 03:05 pm
Eoe--

Especially beautiful single women. Having a second-hand man is better than being without a man at all.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 03:09 pm
According to lore, they're never without a man, noddy. They just want their man, your man and everyone elses' man too.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 03:19 pm
Eoe--

Insecurity is in the eye of the beholder.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 03:26 pm
eoe wrote:
According to lore, they're never without a man, noddy. They just want their man, your man and everyone elses' man too.

It's a curse to be as beautiful as I am eoe.

some days, it takes me an hour to get as far as my car, pushing through the throngs of men.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 03:41 pm
That's a good one, Chai. I think I'll use it the next time I'm late for something. Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 05:48 pm
Chai--

I thought it was a flock of geese between you and your destination?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ladies are you offended by...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:42:21