The poor girl! And do you think this is true?

Mame

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:35 pm
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,457 • Replies: 67
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:15 am
Sorry, with my ears I can't understand a word she said.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:24 am
Q:"Why can't some young Americans find the U.S. on the map?"

A: "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uhmmm, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh, I believe that our, I, education like such as uh, South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uhhh, our education over here in the US should help the US, uh, should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:26 am
Ah, well.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 01:15 am
A lot of years ago, I was serving at an embassy behind the Iron Curtain. Social life for single people was very limited. Each month one of the 'western' embassies would host a party. On this occasion it was the turn of the Americans. One of the senior Attaches had just been divorced and so he qualified as a 'single', so instead of the usual crush in someone's apartment, he held the party at his residence which was very, very ritzy. At one point a mob of us were sitting on the steps of the massive spiral staircase, talking about our various countries. One of the young Marine guards suddenly opened a conversation that went along these lines -

'Ya know, it's just occurred to me that we are the only people in the world that don't have a name!'

'What do you mean' asked someone.

'Well' he said 'There's the English, Canadians, Australians, Germans, French, and there's us.'

'Yes,' someone said 'you're Americans'.

'That's crazy' he replied 'We're not Americans, we're just United States, that's what 'us' means.'

It took quite some time before we realised that this young man was for real.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 01:50 am
lezzles, that's funny Very Happy Now, do you suppose it's true that 20% of Americans can't find their country on a world map? I don't believe it! I mean, it's right below Canada! Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 01:51 am
below what?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 01:53 am
Oh, you're sharp tonight, dag! You should have been with us just to help us give Gorgeous George a run for his money!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 01:55 am
i know. i wish. i had a working dinner on sunday. ack. oh well, definitely next time!
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:13 am
That video is sad.
Do you think maybe Miss S.C. and her stage mom have spent way too much time on hair, makeup and how to win beauty contests when she should have been studying?

The worst part about this is that she'll probably end up as some rich guy's arm candy and be given everything her li'l heart desires, then she'll divorce him and be set for life.

She's dumber than a doorknob, but her looks will get doors opened for her all her life.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:28 am
and sheel bredd and her larvae will carry the gene for stupid, because the gene for syupid is dominant, Im convinced. So the stupid shall inheret the earth, and they wont ever know where the hell theyre at.

SAD Innit? why did we even bother to invent fire?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:41 am
My husband showed this to me last night! SO sad! And I can't imagine what the hosts were going through...they either wanted to laugh their heads off or help her or - good grief something- push her backstage....anything to stop the flow of non-comprehendable wordage coming out of that mouth. That had to be painful sitting there listening to that little girl flounder like that!

Could she have just been nervous? That is what would really be sad...if she really was even average in smarts and got nervous and her brain went to mush. Can you imagine if her parents think their daughter is beautiful and brilliant and smart -when they heard that? They had to be appalled and embarrassed and heart broken for her!

And NOW the pretty little thing has to stand by while all of her friends and enemies download this to their MySpace websites and laugh. What a nightmare!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:42 am
http://lockemodels.com/portfolio/large/02140710421479.jpg

Who needs a map?
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:45 am
farmerman - There are people out there, just like you and me - who have to go to work everyday at places that produce and promote those stupid local beauty pagents.
Can you imagine if you had to deal with these young women and their mothers??
I probably wouldn't last 2 days.

0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:50 am
H2O_Man - c'mon, she's no different than a million other young, thin women with blond hair. Seriously.
There are plenty of women that look like her, but they haven't spent all their time primping; they've actually read the newspaper and can have intellegent conversations.
You have to get outta bed once in a while!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:56 am
I'm not interested in stupid women even if they are pleasing to the eye.
I've met many just like her and I would rather talk to a piece of furniture.

I'm saying that she thinks that she doesn't need a map to get through life.
She has been convinced her looks will get her everything and everywhere.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:03 am
She's probably been pushed into these dumbass contests since she was a baby. Mom has told her that with her looks, she can win fame and fortune and a rich husband.

She could've had a chance, she could have developed her brains rather than her butt.....if someone would have stopped her mother from entering her in that "Most Beautiful Baby" contest 18 years ago!!

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:13 am
happycat wrote:
She's probably been pushed into these dumbass contests since she was a baby. Mom has told her that with her looks, she can win fame and fortune and a rich husband.

She could've had a chance, she could have developed her brains rather than her butt.....if someone would have stopped her mother from entering her in that "Most Beautiful Baby" contest 18 years ago!!

+1 Sad, but true.
I bet this girl will recover just fine though.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:13 am
I don't have sound on this computer. I will have to listen when I get to work.

But, without sound, just looking at her body language, I would guess she was very nervous. She was trying to talk, her brain and mouth were deceiving her. Her eyes lower, her head lowers, she keeps going, almost looks like she gets an idea of where she is going again... loses confidence again.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:10 am
She was all prepared for a question on international relations....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The poor girl! And do you think this is true?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:07:14