Looking for Philips Brand Lamps

Jeny

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 02:38 am
I am looking for the Philips's projection TVs lamps. I know that there are lots of sellers of projection TVs lamps but they are not selling original products. I would like to know that where can I get original & branded Lamps if you have any idea then you please suggest me.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 549 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 08:57 pm
Phillips is a brand name which is "loaned" to manufacturers like LG Electronics -- Phillips actually doesn't have their own manufacturing facilities. Replacement lamps should be purchased for an exact product match from the user manual 800 number for parts. If your display is still in warranty, you can usually tell them that the lamp failed. They generally won't ask for the part in return but send another lamp assembly, possibly even two. Mercury arc lamp sources in DLP are rapidly disappearing in favor of the new technology of LED/Laser light sources which also does away with the color wheel and thus eliminates all of the drawbacks of DLP. Lamp life on the LED assemblies is rather flaky right now, everywhere from 20,000 hours to "the life of the set." I'm sure that 8 hours a day, the LED light source probably would never have to be replaced before some other component fails in the display which is more commonly, the main frame.
0 Replies