dog crate goo help!!!!!!!

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:35 pm
hello, when my wife and i go out for an hour 5 hours whatever, we leave our dog in her crate. in the crate there is a small resovior at the front and it is filled with drool or something like that it is not urine...she barks for about 5 minutes when we leave then stops and barely barks on our return so i don't know if she panics somewhere between there or what anyone else experience this?? iv'e read maybe the crate is too big and maybe she still doesn't think the crate is a good place, but i would like to know why there is the watery saliva like substance in the crate...thexact crate is pictured below...

http://www.petco.com/Assets/product_images/0/029695215537B.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 833 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:41 pm
My girlfriend who had a mini-Dachshund had the same thing when she crated her dog (who barked for more than hour after her leaving for work). In the case of her dog, this was drool.
0 Replies

abe froman

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:42 pm
well if you think aboot it find out what she did if anything
thanks for the quick response
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:49 pm
Pacco's crate was like that...

he generally liked his crate, as sort of his 'dog den'. Slept in it, with the gate open, in the winter when I lived up north. I left him in it, gated, for four hours one evening a month, and I don't remember much in the way of drool. I had to crate him those gallery-opening evenings because he had this tendency to tear at the redwood woodwork by the front door in his excitement when I arrived home and I never trained him out of that since otherwise I took him everywhere with me. Oh, and I crated him in the car, gated - had two crates. He was happy enough to go in it, delight to ride, happy to leave the crate..

Pacco was a corgi, and some of them drool more than others. He didn't do it that much, but when he did, it was probably in excitement at my arrival (telltale drops of saliva on the floor....).

Five hours seems long to me, but I don't know the recommendations.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 05:51 pm
abe_froman, 5 hours seems very long and your dog might be thirsty
and needs a drink. Why are you crating the dog in the first place?
Is he destructive otherwise?

I have never crated any of my dogs, and never would. I think that's
rather cruel to confine a dog into such a small space for hours on end.
0 Replies