Van Halen reunites (again)!

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 09:28 am
Although I agree with you guys that the DLR Van Halen is the ONLY Van Halen, Happycat might have a point with the stuff about Dave looking a little long in the tooth.

http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/David%20Lee%20Roth.jpg

But then again, Eddie has looked like a ghoul since about 1985, so maybe it works.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:29 am
say whatever you want.... this tour will sell out everywhere and the band will kick much ass.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 12:30 pm
I hope you're right, because I am so THERE!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 08:53 pm
David Lee Roth said in his autobiography crazy from the heatthat above all for him in Van Halen it was allways about the music. Everything else he said was just part of that. The music was the most important thing.

David Lee Roth is a tragic figure.

But after all the trendy assholes, the groupies and women (and F$#KEN Sammy Hagar fall away David Lee Roth's work with Van Halen will stand for what it is.

And anybody who loves knows dick about music know what that is....

Some of the most kick ass Rock'N'Roll ever!

SO F#@K SAMMY HAGAR AND LETS ROCKNROLL!!!!

P.S. I live in my moms basement
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 09:20 pm
I'll buy the DVD Cool

I briefly spoke with DLR on Miami beach in 1988.
He was alone, my girl and I said hello, he said hello back and we kept walking ...

I saw VanHagar live and they were very good, but I feel DLR would have made the show awesome.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 03:10 am
oh kicky, those pics of Dave are depressing....and the Just a Gigolo lyrics so weirdly prophetic. Sad
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 08:43 pm
Holy f---ing **** that was the best concert! They played last night at the Garden, and it was a total f*cking lovefest. Eddie and Dave actually joked with each other a couple times, they were smiling constantly--it looked like they were having as much fun up there as the crowd was. They ROCKED. Nothing but one great song after another. And Wolfgang (Eddie's 16-year-old son) did just fine. He even stepped up to the mic and delivered that line in the song Unchained, "Dave...Gimme a break..." He sounded pretty nervous when he said it, but of course the crowd went bonkers. It was such a good time!

But don't take my word for it, read an unbiased review. At the bottom is the setlist, which you'll notice is completely and utterly Hagar-free! It was an amazing show.

"The bottom line, and it ain't hyperbole: on this crisp fall night, Van Halen was, if only for two hours, once again the greatest rock band in the world."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/reviews/live_review_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003672423
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 08:12 am
Do I want this show to come to Europe?
Hell Yeah!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 10:23 am
You're in Europe? Why does it say Ft. Lauderdale on your avatar then? I think they are thinking of doing more dates in 2008, so you might get your wish yet? If you see them, you will not be disappointed.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 10:52 am
Kicky, I gotta ask.

Does Dave really remember all the words now.

Paid to see them twice back in the day, and both times Dave was so drunk that it was really pathetic.

One of the greatest bands ever, but some serious drinkers.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 11:44 am
Funny you should ask. Although none of them seemed to be drunk at all, DLR did forget the words in the middle of "Pretty Woman," of all songs. But even that was okay. Everyone was just having so much fun that it didn't bother anybody in the least. When it happened he laughed and yelled, "I forgot the f*cking words!" and the crowd just cheered even louder. Other than that little screw up, he was the perfect front man.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 11:56 am
Top Five Moments:

1. The part when Dave came out by himself with an acoustic guitar and played a blues riff while he told about his partying days back on "Thursday, 1972," as he put it, then talked about how the girls always wanted to hear that "ice cream song" again, which of course led into "Ice Cream Man."

2. Wofgang up at the top of the stage playing that fat one-note bass line at the beginning of Running With The Devil.

3. Everytime DLR and Eddie interacted.

4. Dave and Eddie doing a call and response thing where Dave would act out and make the sound of a revving motorcycle engine and then Eddie would answer it by doing his version of a revving engine on the guitar.

5. On Hot For Teacher, when DLR shouted, "I heard you missed us, We're BACK!" I swear I got chills.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 12:53 pm
kickycan wrote:
Funny you should ask. Although none of them seemed to be drunk at all, DLR did forget the words in the middle of "Pretty Woman," of all songs. But even that was okay. Everyone was just having so much fun that it didn't bother anybody in the least. When it happened he laughed and yelled, "I forgot the f*cking words!" and the crowd just cheered even louder. Other than that little screw up, he was the perfect front man.

DLR does that all the time on one song or another... it's part of his schtick...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 01:19 pm
Oh my god, BPB, you would have loved it. If you get a chance to see them anywhere, go. GO GO GO!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 04:57 pm
My location is where I wish I could be more often, kicky, nemmind.
Talked to a very good guitarplayer tonite about his tour, and he said that the last thing he saw from Eddie was Eddie very drunk, showing off the replica of his Frankenstein guitar. So he was surprised when I told him about your experience at the concert.

This how Eddie did at the presentation... After 3 minutes... sh!t he's plastered! On stage! Still a great guitarplayer though, top 3 I'd say...
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 05:00 pm
Ah, forgot to tell how much that guitar'll set ya back...

$25,000....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 06:58 pm
Hehe...interesting vid. I hate to say this, but I'm not sure that he's drunk there. I think he might just have killed so many brain cells over the course of his life that that is just the way he talks now.

The thing with Eddie is that you don't realize (or at least I didn't) how powerful his guitar sound is until it just mows you down like a freight train. Yeah, Eddie is the ****.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 08:09 pm
I gotta agree. Worshipped the guitar for a lifetime, and Eddie is as good as I've ever heard, live.

(I can't play one) Rolling Eyes
0 Replies