A "Lord, I'm Bored" Digression - or "What Animal Is .....?"

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 04:53 pm
I haven't been able to get a new digression going since inventing the triply damned "Ask Auntie Lowan", which refuses to die.

So..... here is a digression with a difference.

I am asking you to say what sort of animal your fellow A2k'ers are - and no just saying a cat, or whatever, and disappearing as though you have done your work - please say why, and a little about what sort of cat, rat. pangolin etc someone is ....... and no fair just using their avatars, OK?! Grrrrrrrrr!

Oh, and please DO digress and meander and stuff while you are about it - like don't be all task-centred and such - you are here to have fun.

Oh, and stuff like "He is like a huge, glutted, suppurant leech" and so forth, for your political opponents and such, is firmly frowned upon.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 9,914 • Replies: 247
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 04:56 pm
I have always rather fancied being a centaur, although they are not, of course, strictly animals, being, as it were, human to the girdle, though I am sure the gods inherit the horse part, too.

There do not seem to be any girl centaurs, though - they appear to mate with nymphs and such - I gather the girls born of these odd unions become nymphs like their mummies, and the boys centaurs - though one imagines the boys are born rather early, what with the hooves and all - owie!!!!!

Well, I am sooo going to be the first female centaur! THAT will upset the boy's club atmosphere in centaur land!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:04 pm
Hi!

Ahem.

I'm thinking.

Animals, animals, animals. A2Kers. Animals.

Um.

I keep getting tripped up by avatars. Jes is a collie! Hiama is a unicorn! Roboita's a cat!! It making it hard to think more abstractly.

But think I will.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:05 pm
(I do have a very clear mind's eye image of female centaurs but I don't remember where from. OOOH! I may have just remembered -- a fave book from when I was a kid called "Alpha Centauri." Lesse if I can find it.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:07 pm
Hmmm, no luck on Amazon. It was about a race of centaurs, who came from Alpha Centauri, and a human girl who finds some sort of a portal and takes up with them. It made a big impression on -- 12-year-old? -- me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:09 pm
As well it might!

OK - here is a thought starter - what sort of animal is Craven?

CI?

Cav?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:13 pm
Good grief!

I found the actual physical book!

I am unreasonably elated!

I have a pile of books from when I was a kid that the sozlet hasn't yet grown into, but which I am keeping for her, in a closet. I looked, and it was there, amidst all sorts of lovely LeGuin and Tolkien.

It's by Robert Siegel (I had the title right), but I haven't been able to find anything about it online yet (just brief mentions, no pics of the cover or anything.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:16 pm
There you go.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:21 pm
female centaurs per google image

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/sol/grenadier/images/0064.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:23 pm
http://www.mythinglinks.org/Centaurettes~c~moreRichedGrn.gif

cool cool website

MYTH*ING LINKS
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:29 pm
OK, I have one:

You, dlowan, are a bonobo chimp. You are easygoing, gregarious, peace-loving, and will happily use sex to direct things to a more happy and peaceful place.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:30 pm
Here's a drawing of a female centaur one of my friends did for a character of mine in the Alliance of Heroes roleplaying game. Deb, if you would enjoy the chance to roleplay a female centaur, give the game a try (they have 30-day free trials). The storyline is based in Ancient Greek history and the Hercules and Xena shows.

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/butrflynet/images/agrimony.gif
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:32 pm
I choose anything from the realm of cryptozoology.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:34 pm
Don't you just want to say Myth*ing Linkths when you readth that?

I'm not sure what a Pangolin is. Maybe that's Craven?

How 'bout Timberlandko as a big gruff bear?

I'm trying to think of what kind of animal I might be. Centaur is a good one. When I hike, I sometimes imagine that there is another set of legs in back pushing me... it helps a little to get up the hills. But I'm more inclined to see myself as a water-animal. Maybe a water-rat? Maybe an otter? Maybe a duck? Or a water ouzel?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:50 pm
A BONOBO CHIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooooo not easygoing - I am a hideously scruffy little lab-rat, nervously pressing every bar, and scurrying down every maze, in hopes of avoiding punishment!

And a slinky, superior cat.

And a jolly cantering centaur.

And a brooding, barbed, raven.

But I am no chimp! LOL!!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:51 pm
Can't see your image, Butrflynet! Game, eh? Hmmmm - never done one of them...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:56 pm
Piffka - cannot help but see a duck as a good one for you - dibbling and dabbing here and there - going with the flow, yet furiously busy and paddling away - serene and anxious, shiny and well-presented, rounded and glossy...what do you think?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:57 pm
And curious - very curious...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 05:59 pm
Butrflynet I see as a lovely, shiny tabby cat - with a beautiful white ruffled shirt-front - and a kind, cat-smiling countenance - all drawn up and sweetly dignified - yet able, in the blink of an eye, to pounce or play - with a speed and wildness hitherto unguessed at...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 06:02 pm
Be kind to your webfooted friend!! For a duck may be somebody's moth---er.... (childhood ditty, in my childhood anyway.)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A "Lord, I'm Bored" Digression - or "What Animal Is .....?"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 10:02:31