Cat toy suggestions

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:12 pm
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's a cat. My cat is so frickin lucky it didn't grow up under a creepy house with an even creepier "dad", likely to die young in an urban, illegal alien, cat eating infested environment... you have no idea.

It must be nice to live in Fantasy Land.

Here's a forty something year old man fantasizing he's graduating from high school. Or, maybe not.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/59651664946943ef82e546.jpg
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:18 pm
And THAT is why I didn't go in to teaching...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:19 pm
Because the little twerps never listen to you?
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:20 pm
Nor the big twerps...I don't have your gift Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:21 pm
what gift!?! ha!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:26 pm
Ah, I remember grade 2. I think I made a cat toy, but can't remember what it was. I feel like I am back there now.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:28 pm
I've been making cat toys my whole life. Mostly, I make them with my own hands. The scratches take weeks to heal.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:37 pm
Get it a big, fuzzy gay toy like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVzYObvmV6E
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 05:44 am
Cat toys: I had one of those mechanical taunting mouse things. Mikey sat and watched it zoom by--repeatedly. I liked it though.

We had kid toys--helicopters and flying saucers. He LOVED them.

A schmatta on a stick. A plastic wand with a very long bit of slightly weighted fabric attached. I'd wave the fabric or coil it for him. He liked it.

A mouse on a fishing pole. I'd cast the mouse. That sucker would fly far. Then I'd reel it back in. This was a semi-hit.

Mikey's favorite toys--small aluminum foil balls. Cheap. Easy. Everywhere.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 05:54 am
Cat toys? The one time I'd like to see cj and his guns!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 05:56 am
I know a lot of hunters - mostly guys - who hate cats and will kill them if the venture into their hunting areas. I don't - but I will scare 'em half to death in hopes they don't return. (House)Cats in places where ground nesting game birds live is not cool.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:04 am
Cat toys - An open brown paper grocery bag and anything with catnip in it.

I no longer have cats, but when I did their favorite thing was to stalk mice in my 1840's root cellar/basement. Unfortunately, they were only interested in dissecting the critters or playing tug with them. I would find various mousy parts strewn about the floor like leftover party confetti - here a little ear and there a little tail and - oh look a soft pink nose next to the washing machine! I'm really more of a dog person now.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:05 am
Lou loves cardboard boxes. Any box really.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 07:25 am
The mouse with the long hair from Petco that shewolf suggested looks promising.

He definately loves chasing it and threw it in the air so high it hit the ceiling fan.

It squeaks when one bites it fairly hard, which alarmed roland for a second. Then, he realized it was the mouse begging for mercy, which made it all right

Hasn't retreived it get, gotta work on that.

It's entirely black w/ pink nose, so it's named roland jr.

Updates to follow.

Tai Chi
One of my cats, simi, is buried with her stuffed penguin, Felice Navidad.

Lulu is resting with the angels with a can of albacore tuna and her cat food bowl.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 07:56 am
Last night my cat was feeling playful at bedtime (of course). I looked around and found one of these:

http://www.ted-kyte.com/3D/Pictures/Paper%20Clamp.jpg

I clipped a ponytail holder in its teeth and voila. Happy cat for 15 minutes.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 09:22 am
My cats' favorite toys are pipe cleaners. I bend one around my finger in a spiral, then toss it to a cat. (If the ends are sharp, just double the end over 1/4" or so.) They're light enough that the cats can bat them and make them fly. Then they lie down and hold them between their front paws and pull them with their teeth until they're straight. It's funny to watch. Then I spiral-twist them into a spring again and we start over.

I've had six cats. Pipe cleaners have always been their favorites. Some like the regular size, some like the jumbo. Either way, they're cheap. We find dozens of 'em every time we move a piece of furniture.

http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/47/6543a0c9-5aac-4fb4-a65c-d3d68c2ca93b.gif
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 04:20 pm
Lou's favorite toys are... almost hate to say it now... bunnies.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 05:16 pm
one of Kittens favorite toys are rubber bands.
cloth ones.

I shoot it across the room and she runs after it like her life depends on it.

She will find it , throw it up in the air , catch it beat it up , then bring it to me so I can throw it all over again

and she will do this for an HOUR easily..
0 Replies