August BIG Starhunt #1

lezzles

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 12:55 am
Okay children, gather in a circle, sit down and make yourselves comfortable and come up with some brilliant suggestions. Mother has gone barmy trying to figure this one out.

There do not seem to be any EPEES, LLAMAS, EERIES, TATTOOS, etc to give it a kick start; the only one that has a 'pattern' is the first word of the third last column, where the code numbers read 6-4-4-16-4-4.

The 'possibles' I came up with were the usual suspects - TEEHEE, TEEVEE, TEEPEE, BEEGEE, PEEWEE, BOOHOO, VOODOO, HOODOO, but none of these letters seem to make any sense in the rest of the grid.

I don't usually have any problems with Starhunts, but this one has me flummoxed! Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 825 • Replies: 7
No top replies

grannylynne

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 01:26 am
Hi Lezzles

Can't remember how I got started, but it's done. Top right hand corner is "SPRAWL" across and "LATELY" down. That will get you going. I have a feeling I just guessed until I found something that would work.

Good luck with the rest, Granny Lynne
0 Replies

grannylynne

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 01:30 am
Me again Lezzles

Just read your post thoroughly and realize that is where I cracked it - it's ASSESS. GL
0 Replies

tuesday

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 02:44 am
August big Starhunt#1
Thanks for that grannylynnne I was having the same problem as lezzles. Will work on the rest later tonight. Good luck all.
0 Replies

grannylynne

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 02:52 am
You're both very welcome. I'm glad to be able to help for a change instead of being the one picking brains.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 03:26 am
Thank you so much, grannylynne!

It's always SO obvious, you could trip over it, isn't it?

You're a gem!
0 Replies

mrsgreen663

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 07:29 am
Just wanted to confirm the already submitted words... it also took me a couple of attempts at this one, I had to put it down and walk away, go back and redo it Evil or Very Mad This one definately earnt its money, lol. GL, even though I am sure by now you are probably already done with it :wink:
0 Replies

grannylynne

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 10:36 pm
Had everything up to date and started the minute the book arrived in the mail this time. Just have to clue the DIY and i'm done - and that's the hardest part for me I think.

Good luck everyone!
0 Replies