More Contaminated Dog Food

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 09:33 am
Contaminated Dog Food May Be On Shelves

POSTED: 9:51 am EDT July 26, 2007
UPDATED: 10:21 am EDT July 26, 2007

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- Dog food contaminated with botulism may be on Maryland shelves, state agriculture authorities warned Thursday, asking dog owners to throw away certain types of Natural Balance dog foods.

The foods were made by Castleberry's Food Co. of Augusta, Ga., which has recalled about 90 products for humans and animals because of a risk of botulism, a rare but serious illness that can cause paralysis or death.

The Maryland Department of Agriculture said Thursday the dangerous dog foods possibly sold in Maryland are four varieties called Natural Balance Eatables. They are: Irish Stew with Beef, Chinese Take-Out with Sauce with Vegetables and Chicken, Southern-Style Dumplings with Gravy with Chicken and Vegetables and Hobo Chili with Chicken Pasta.

Agriculture officials asked people with the recalled food to wrap cans of the dog food in two plastic bags, tape them tightly and throw them away.

Pets that have already eaten the recalled dog food should be monitored for 10 days to see if they show signs of the disease, which include drooping eyelids, difficulty swallowing, drooping tongues and muscle weakness.

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says health officials in Texas and Indiana have each reported two human cases of botulism in the last month. Canned chili sauce made by Castleberry's has been blamed for those cases.

Who feeds their dog Chinese Take-Out with Sauce with Vegetables and Chicken??
Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 547 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 10:27 am
http://www.doggyfriend.com/store/store_detail.asp?p=146

the ingredient list is quite good

the recall info from the website

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/eatables/home.html
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 12:51 pm
Re: More Contaminated Dog Food
happycat wrote:
Who feeds their dog Chinese Take-Out with Sauce with Vegetables and Chicken?? Shocked

*raises hand* Mine loves Udon Noodles with shrimp and chicken.

She's a Japanese breed though so I don't see anything wrong with that. Razz
0 Replies