Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,918 • Replies: 56
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 03:29 pm
Craigs List is down for me, and so is Netflix.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 03:29 pm
What's happening?

Do you know?

Care to guess?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 03:32 pm
It was up earlier today but now, nothing.

Weird.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 03:34 pm
In searching on google, I see it's happened before.

It's a first for me.

Whatever will I do???

Will you guys post a pretend craigslist ad for before I go bonkers?

I'm looking for an amazing, concert quality grand piano with free delivery, tunings for life, and a man named Raul to come over every night and play light jazz for me . . . all for fifty cents . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:08 pm
Quote:

Artur Bergman

365 Main datacenter power outage - Six Apart Technorati Craigslist

The Web 2.0 datacenter 365 Main, in the heart of SOMA, just lost power. Sites that are affected include Craigstlist, Technorati, Yelp and all Six Apart properties, TypePad, LiveJournal and Vox.

The only information that seems to be available is at the quite innovative Six Apart twitter stream.

I feel sorry for the operation staff that are going to do the cleanup. Having been there far too many times, the pain of bringing up all your machines can be quite heavy.

If you have any additional information please comment.

* UPDATE *

Laughingsquid mentions 6 power outages in SOMA, which seems quite a bit more likely than a drunk employee. I live close to the datacenter and I cannot reach my home network.

ack

no Yelp?

ack

~~~

I may need to post a restaurant review here if it lasts too long.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:23 pm
Dear Friends, please help.

My name is Raul.

Lately I am finding that my career as a Calvin Klien underwear model is not emotionally fullfilling. Yes, it paid great. It allowed me to purchase six chickens, one rooster, two cows, and one goat for each person living in my villiage of 12,000 people. The school is built and there is now clean water. My work accomplished, I am ready to move on.

I did keep a small amount of money for myself, enough to live modestly for several years while I try to re-establish my music career. I recently rented a small apartment but I have no room to store my concert grand piano. The person who stores my piano will have to let me play light jazz every night for several hours.

I anticipate this arangement lasting for several years.

Please respond ASAP to the phone number provided.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:23 pm
I have a housemate to auction off. Real cheap.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:32 pm
Dear Raul,

I'm responding to your ad on Craigslist.

I will be happy to host your concert grand while you retain playing privileges every night.

I sympathize with your need to change careers, hence you may sit on a towel draped over the piano bench and dispense with the wearing of underwear, Calvin Klein or otherwise.

In exchange, I request that you host a housemate who I heard needs a new place.

Shall we discuss it over dinner at a terrific new restaurant I just heard about?
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:35 pm
This just in . . .

craigslist
online community

Error

Craigslist and many other sites are having issues at the colo facility.

Please sit tight, and try again later.

We are aware of the situation, and the happy craigslist elves are scurrying to make it better, even now.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:38 pm
The lighting was innovative (not as dark as I'd heard), and the service was attentive - though I didn't really need to know everyone's name.

The food was yum - I don't remember what everyone had, but everyone loved what they had. I know I tried the sage and ricotta crepes. They were definitely perfect.

It's a bit noisy, with everyone greeting each other as they arrive. A real neighbourhoody place. I think I saw Jackie B Shocked Wow!

They don't mind you splitting the bill, or asking for separate cheques.

4* and we'll definitely go again.

(does anyone want to go to discuss to make plans for the next Elite movie night and get-together?)
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:39 pm
dupre wrote:
This just in . . .

craigslist
online community

Error

We are aware of the situation, and the happy craigslist elves are scurrying to make it better, even now.

Ha! They should get hamsters instead of elves. They wouldn't have these sorts of problems. Wink
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 04:57 pm
RSVP

I'm so sorry to have to decline your kind invitation to attend your delightful Annual Elite Movie Night and Get-Together Event Fundraiser to provide feed for the now free-roaming chickens, roosters, cows, and goats overtaking some remote village of underwear-only wearing inhabitants.

On that date, Raul and I will be dining at the re-opening of a terrific restaurant that was temporarily shut down due to their mascot hamsters being mistaken as common rodents by an elfin Sanitation Department Inspector.

Please send our regrets . . . and do accept my fifty-cent donation to the cause.

I came into a bit of luck . . .

Sincerest wishes for a most profitable and engaging event,

Dupre
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 05:33 pm
dupre wrote:
This just in . . .

craigslist
online community

Error

Major snowstorm?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 05:34 pm
My sweetest dupre,

I am astounded by your generosity.

Not only will you store my piano and allow me to practice light jazz music several hours nightly, you sent money to my villiage.

The fifty cents will buy underwear for every cow for one full year.

Your kindness makes me weep,

Raul
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 05:43 pm
My very dearest Raul,

It is the least I can do upon hearing that your once-tropical village is now knee-deep in snow.

Now, the cows will feel as stylish as the villagers, and will be warm as well.

So, stop your weeping. Your tears are filtering into the piano keys and causing the wood to swell. If you are not careful you won't be able to play trills any longer on this concert grand.

How is the housemate I sent you?
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 05:51 pm
Craigslist is still down.

I'm so bummed.

What if it doesn't come back up?

What will happen to us?

"The pain, the pain."
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 05:55 pm
The housemate is a shrew. A horror.

But your timing was perfect.

Among my people it is customary to wed the first woman that you see upon hearing that there has been a snowfall in the village. We married today.

She will be leaving in the morning to begin her life in my family's house. She will be responsible for cleaning the animal pens and changing the cow's underwear.

I may be a bit late for practice tomorrow as I will have to help her get her luggage into the taxi.

Till then,

Raul
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 06:07 pm
Raul,

Felicitations on your marriage . . . and on getting rid of her.

Your delayed arrival will only fuel my desires . . .

<and give me time to shave my legs>

I've had the most unusual yearnings, yearnings for

sage and ricotta crepes

Till then, sweet.

Dupre
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 06:11 pm
<chortling>
0 Replies