Emergency Seizures Help!!

Chumly

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 08:15 pm
I have some very sad news. On late Friday afternoon Daizey simply disappeared without a trace.

We have forest all around and very few neighbors, plus there are no leash laws, so Daizey has always had the freedom to go where she pleases.

I cannot find a trace of her, nor have the neighbors seen anything, nor the usual subjects such as the Pound, the SPCA etc.

I suspect she crawled off to die.

The funny thing is she seemed to be recovering and at the least stabilizing from her most recent downturn due to the seizures some few weeks ago.

I am scouring the land but time is reducing the chances for her survival and increasing my unhappiness. The world continues as if nothing has changed Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 08:18 pm
Oh, Chumly.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 08:25 pm
I'm so sorry Chumly.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 08:30 pm
The world has changed. Sorry to hear of your loss.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 08:51 pm
I'm sorry to hear about this, chumly.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 10:29 pm
I try and console myself with the belief that she purposefully wandered off to die with dignity and in the way nature intended and my wife made me promise not to criticize her for saying that "Daizey has gone to heaven".

Time to get drunk.........play some guitar.........reminisce when Daizey was in her prime and we would go roller blading at super-speeds. Her stumpy Chow Chow legs working so furiously to keep up.

She was also the best Television Pillow I have ever had...........a dignified and somewhat aloof Television Pillow.

I've been told I share some of her characteristics of being difficult to convince, wanting to go my own way, not easily being tempted by food, and being loyal and protective to a fault with a quiet humor.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 10:59 pm
Aw.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 03:43 am
Oh, I'm so sorry to read this.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 09:43 am
Television Pillow, that makes me smile.

Nature's way, Chumly, but I know it's hard.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 06:30 pm
On Monday I received a call from a neighbor. They said they had a black dog in their yard with the name of Daizey, and she seemed confused. Krystyn and I were caught between incredulity and ebullience as we'd already come at least partly to terms with the inevitable. We had in fact just returned from our first Annual Daizey Memorial Walk.

We hurried down to their home and there she was, in her confused black furriness. After much thanks and hugs (for what we hoped were new found friends) we took her home. We guided Daizey rather unceremoniously into the kitchen to eat and drink, she'd clearly lost some weight.

Soon after she went into more seizures and it became clear she was not cognizant. Our prior assessment of a brain tumor seemed all the more likely.

We took her to the 24 hour Vet downtown and soon received the same analysis. After much anguish, hugs and tears Daizey was put to sleep in the very early hours of a clear midsummer morning.

Daizey was by our side everyday for a full 10 years. She went everywhere with us from camping trips down the West Coast, to canoeing on the lakes, to a simple visit with a friend. In that time she did not need fencing or leashing, yet on no account roamed or bothered a sole.

Somehow Daizey understood freedom. Perhaps there is something to be learned in having freedom yet knowing it must have bounds. May she run free as never before.

Love from Dan & Krystyn
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 06:35 pm
Oh wow. I'm so glad you got to see her one more time and be with her at the end. And that you will have a better sense of resolution.

Bye Daizey, you good girl.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 06:42 pm
I'm glad you had that closure, hard as it was.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 06:44 pm
You gave her a great gift, Dan.

Hugs from here.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 06:48 pm
((((((((Dan))))))))
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 07:06 pm
oh

I'm glad your family could be together for Daizey at the end.

Sending virtual hugs out to the west side of the continent.
0 Replies