The Feminine Upper Arm

Mame

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:33 am
Noddy, agree about the flabby tummy with the ring Smile But hey, if that's what turns their crank, so be it.

I think some large women look magnificent, and obviously many men do, too, because many are married.

My epiphany came when one day, after years of refusing to venture outside in a sleeveless top (and I'm not even big), it struck me that if I didn't care what other people looked like, it's likely no one would care about how I looki. That's when I became free. Laughing

The older I get, the less I am concerned with these things, but I also was taught to present myself in a ladylike and modest way. It's a continual battle, fighting all that ingrained training.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:38 am
Re: The Feminine Upper Arm
Noddy24 wrote:
Age is not kind to a woman's upper arm.

Except in the exceptionally fit, the skin becomes flabby and flappy and puckered--a display area for crepe and cellulite.

Of course, I've never heard that upper arms in the young, fit and desirable were featured erogenous zones.

Perhaps the firm upper arm of a young woman is an indication that she's willing to hew wood and draw water and tote barges and lift bales and slop the hogs and hoe the garden and tend the young and sooth manly breasts?

Whatever.

Will any Good Woman join me in retirement?

The flabby, upper arm on women may be genetically determined. Don't you think?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:40 am
Mame wrote:

My epiphany came when one day, after years of refusing to venture outside in a sleeveless top (and I'm not even big), it struck me that if I didn't care what other people looked like, it's likely no one would care about how I looki. That's when I became free. Laughing

I noticed that the stranger I looked ( at least to myself Rolling Eyes ), the less the public even looked at me.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 12:12 pm
Nowt wrong with a bit of bingo wing.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 12:36 pm
"bingo wing" Laughing

I have so many inhibitions that it's a wonder I go outside, at all. The problem is that most of my personal inhibitions bear no relation to the majority's. For example, I've always had a thing against showing my elbows and therefore have always had 3/4 length sleeves. Now that I'm developing my very own water wings (genetic? really? thanks alot, mom & dad), I have the wardrobe to suit.

And although I'm not a fan of the currently popular midriff show, I secretly wish there was a law against it unless the tummy is absolutely flat.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:21 pm
This thread has me roaring. Love it. The lot here could get away with anything and it'd be beautiful, as far as I am concerned.

Methinks the strong round arms in my family can be billed not to genetics but to lifting many a winebox. Unless that is genetic too.
Laughing

The midriff shirts can burn.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:22 pm
Mame--

Some large women are magnificent. Granted.

Really, weight and upper arms are two different problems and I'm not sure just how they got jumbled--probably going round and round the belly button piercings.

Miller--

I bet you're right about the genetic signs of retirement from fertility.

I realized long ago that I am much more fascinating to me than I am to anyone else in the whole, wide world.

DP--

Bingo wings. I like the term much better than the flesh.

Tico--

Shortly after toilet training the human elbow starts going down the aesthetic hill.

I'm all for Political Correctness and protecting the human ego, but every so often I think about setting forth with a paint gun and stencil and marking all those sweaty tummies with bull-eyes.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:29 pm
Mushypancakes--

We were posting at the same time. I wouldn't leave you out.

I'm sure wholesome exercise does wonders for a Formerly Girlish Upper Arm. In fact, I'm uncomfortable sure of it. Are these wineboxes filled with good wine or just oblivion?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 07:45 pm
Mame and Noddy just nailed it...the same idea in different words...

Mame wrote:
Quote:
.....it struck me that if I didn't care what other people looked like, it's likely no one would care about how I looki. That's when I became free.

Noddy wrote:
Quote:
I realized long ago that I am much more fascinating to me than I am to anyone else in the whole, wide world.

But, (as always) we have also complained about others styles of dress or adornment. Bare midriffs and chubby bare midriffs with navel rings. I would add bare, chubby midriffs with navel rings and poor posture. If it really looks bad, other people do notice.

Just to adding a small blip to the quandry.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:23 pm
Miller wrote:

I noticed that the stranger I looked ( at least to myself Rolling Eyes ), the less the public even looked at me.

So, exactly how strange do you look?

Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:38 pm
My sisters and I occasionally discuss what body parts came from which ancestor. We lament that our legs came from the Italians and not the Anglos. We hope our hearts and arteries are also from the Italians rather than the Anglos. Anyway, we tend to like our arms, in general. They're ok. They're even aging well. Then our mother apologized to us for inheriting her arms. Hello?!? What is she apologizing for? What's wrong with our arms? Now we look accusingly at our arms in the mirror.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:42 pm
I never even thought of cellulite until my youngest sister mentioned hers. Now I'm conscious of it; I was happier before Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:55 pm
Ah, families.....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 07:38 am
When I was a kid, I wanted to look like Cyd Charisse:

Link to pic of Cyd Charisse

At some point in time I realized that there was no way in hell that I would look like Cyd Charisse in the slightest. First of all she is a brunette, and my hair is reddish brown (before it turned blue!) Second of all, her legs would probably come up to my neck.

I am probably smarter than her, so that is a small comfort. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 07:41 am
Any supporter of Ayn Rand (with blue hair) is only smarter than a small rock.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:02 am
Phoenix, I'm pretty sure Cyd Charisse isn't human. Those legs are what made me suspicious.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:05 am
dyslexia wrote:
Any supporter of Ayn Rand (with blue hair) is only smarter than a small rock.

Especially if that rock is a diamond! Laughing
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:10 am
Why did your hair turn blue Phoenix?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:15 am
Just reminded me about this funny clip of Dawn French doing Cyd Charisse

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hsrIkcwu9vA
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:22 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Why did your hair turn blue Phoenix?

<whispering> It really isn't blue. Dyslexia goes around telling everyone that I have blue hair. Must be a perceptual problem. I don't want to upset him, so I go along with it! Don't let him know that I told you. Don't want to destroy his illusions!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:45:32