The Feminine Upper Arm

Chai

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 02:15 pm
I always where 3/4 sleeves. I think cap sleeves look childish.

Diane, here's a website with swimsuits with sleeves....

Swimsuits for sun protection

I wish there was a return of more modest clothes in general.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 02:22 pm
Er, I meant to spell that 'beautiful'. Now then, I was thinking along the lines of being flappy and proud. To that effect, I bought last year a sleeveless royal blue blouse. I haven't tossed it yet, but neither have I worn it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 02:42 pm
Osso--

Courage! Not everyone makes loud, opinionated comments about other peoples' wardrobes.

Chai--

Neither you nor I are jackassy enough to announce breatlessly, "We Worship Beauty", but we have enough common aesthetic sense to deplore flabby, pudgy flesh being exposed in the names of Sexual Liberation and Current Fashion.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 03:30 pm
Chai, I was joking, but those look good.

One lesson I learned one day has stayed with me since. A woman I know who has a very attractive figure, even in her late fiftyish years, was ahead of me in line wearing speedos. Her bottom was hanging down even with the support of the speedos. I'm sure she never thought to look at her backside. She looked great from the front and I guess she thought she looked good all the way around. Terrible mistake.

After that I have always look to see the rear-end view!

Isn't it a rule among older women that after lovemaking, you leave the room walking backward? And to never look down...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:03 pm
While it may not be the most aesthetic/attractive sight, I admire larger women who wear what feels comfortable and damns the rest of us. Somehow, that 'don't give a shite attitude' makes them look just fine to me.

What are you supposed to do if you're large, just sit and sweat in a long top and pants for the sake of others?

Nah.

And does anyone really give a kerap about the size of someone else's arms, anyway?

Nah.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:15 pm
Nods to Mame.

I don't get the total avoidance of sleevelessness for decades by zillions of women.

Women quivering re their flivvering mass, thick or thin.

Really, teens and self absorbed twentylings can get over it.

Geez, it's 2007.

It's a sort of sleeve purdah.

My arms may flap - I will eye your disgust with some sardonic thoughts.

Drags out royal blue blouse..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:26 pm
Noddy, did that formerly male writer expound on travel?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:33 pm
Tell me about your sardonic thoughts. Would I be able to have sardonic thoughts while wearing a sleeveless blouse? I'm most likely too much a wimp.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:51 pm
Stick with me, kiddo, I'll bring out your nascent sardonicity.

Twirls blouse....

(Some on a2k think I'm nice. Others think I'm passive aggressive. Both may be true. I think of myself as, er, drywitted.)

The shame of flabby arms over, say, a century, is rather startling as a motivation for design, growls osso, follower of several fashion links on an at least weekly basis.

Finally, at last at last, Noddy and I disagree.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:53 pm
My only problem with my sleeveless blouse is that it needs ironing.

Well, I lied, as I admitted before that I've had the blouse and not worn it, intimating qualms.

On the other hand, it's been wrinkled.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:30 am
By the time a women "looses" her looks she has acquired something far more feminine then the vanity of flesh and that boys can not recognize.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 05:12 am
ehBeth- Problem with the library steps, is if I fell out of bed, I would land on those wooden steps, Yecch.

I have found that recently I have just about stopped wearing sleeveless shirts, except for when I go to the gym. If it is hot, I will turn up the sleeves of my short sleeve T shirt. (No, I do not keep a pack of cigarettes in the sleeve. Laughing )
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 08:20 am
Sleeveless, babe, go sleeveless. You'll feel so much cooler. Flapping be damned! Hell, I go sleeveless at work and there's nary a word except a compliment on the color of the blouse, if applicable.

Maybe they're all just skeered of me. I can go with that.

But when it's cooler out, I do go with 3/4 sleeves. Love 'em.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:32 am
Diane--

Ogden Nash said it:

Quote:
What's the use?
by Ogden Nash

Sure, deck your limbs in pants,
Yours are the limbs, my sweeting.
You look divine as you advance . . .
Have you seen yourself retreating?

Mame--

You make excellent points about rugged individualism, self-confidence and devil-may-care, comfort-loving attire.

Upper arm flab is not the most unattractive area of the human body. I'm much more distressed by flabby mid-rifts--particularly if the flab surrounds a navel ring. The absolute rock-bottom transgression is if the navel ring includes a fake diamond.

All the same, I am of an era that Dressed for Public Appearances. I don't mean that my parents dined in evening dress--simply that part of putting the proverbial Best Foot Forward was being neat, clean and not-tattered when out of the house.

Of course I adore sitting in my colorful draperies, craning my crepy neck and deploring what I consider to be a conspicuous lack of sartorial splendor. I blush to admit the connection but Mrs. Grundy and I are distant cousins.

Osso--

Go with the blue sleeveless blouse. Flap for the Gray Panthers.

I'm inhibited--you are artistic.

The male writer was a college professor at Colby.

http://www.centralmaine.com/news/stories/030508jennifer.shtml

http://www.amazon.com/Shes-Not-There-Life-Genders/dp/0767914295/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-5805506-0965726?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184513213&sr=1-2

Our first disagreement! And we're both so marvelously articulate!

Diane--

You are not a wimp, but if a sleeveless blouse puts you in unabashed touch with your sardonic nature and incisive wit, go for it.

Amigo--

You're well-intentioned. Thank you.

Phoenix--

Are you sure about no cigarette pack accessories?

Jespah--

Undoubtedly you are both confident and magnificent whatever the sleeve length.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:44 am
Bitchery-doo-dah time:

Should pictures of women in sleeveless blouses be posted on A2K?

Tank tops?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:55 am
I love Ogden Nash...

The trouble with a kitten is that
eventually it becomes a cat

The rhinocerous is a homely beast
forhuman eyes he's not a feast
farewell farewell you old rhinocerous
I'll stare at something less prepocerous
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:00 am
Noddy, do you mean women of A2K from gatherings - those pictures? Or just random women?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:14 am
littlek--

Inside joke.

I'm sorry. I wanted to be cryptic, but achieved only obscurity.

BPB--

You have no opinions on feminine arms?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:15 am
Why only women? Where is your sense of emancipation, Noddy? Wink

Here this guy has his wings surgically removed

http://images.obesityhelp.com/images/ps-arm-lift.jpg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:27 am
Calamity Jane--

I don't think that this guy has very flashed me on an asphalt parking lot.

Now, for equal-opportunity bitching, what about all of those "solvent" men who boast chain after chain of bling over undraped beer bellies?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 08:48:53