Here We Will Stay

Endymion

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 08:10 pm
(I'm really f*cking off, now - later)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 08:55 pm
Endymion wrote:
I was jamming in a house once where the old Land-lady lived down the hall.
People were playing guitars and drums - and make-shift stuff, when i looked up at the door and saw the old woman standing there with a small box of cereal in her hand, shaking it in time to the beat. There was a strange, wistful look on her face ( she was passively smoking - if you get my drift) - later she had a big sloppy smile.
As we were trooping out the next morning she came to the door saying, "please come back and play here again, won't you? "

The guy living there moved on and i never saw her again.

(i don't know why i told you that)

hey dagmaraka - what kind of bird are you? A nightingale? A blackbird? I think the lark has a good voice.

Amigo I'm glad you understand about my guitar

Kicky on the cans?
What do you mean you don't know why you told us that???? Because we're bullshitting man. It is strange how people react to music. One person could start screaming at you to shut the hell up and the next person could just let loose and take it all in. They don't care who is stairing at them while they are dancing around they just like the music. I like when that happens because the n you know for sure you sound good to somebody. They are feeling what you feel.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 09:05 pm
kickycan wrote:
I play the guitar also, but hey it looks like that position has been filled. Probably better anyway, since I was always only marginally talented at the guitar. Ah hell, I'll take the cans! I'll play these cans like my life depends on it! Do you mind if I also supply random screams and animal noises?
We gotta be all about the same level. I mean all you really need is timing. We rotate the guitar.

Hey! What are these cans?

screams? Animal noises?

Hell Yes!! well get some kind of freaky pagen jungle $hit going on.
0 Replies

DrMom

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:04 pm
I really like the poems. I am doing a search on this poet. In this day and age it is impossible not to feel the sadness. I guess some of us have better defense mechanisms then others.
0 Replies

DrMom

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:14 pm
Well I just read the first page of thread and somehow thought that is the end of it ( and wrote my post) , later you guys derailed quite a bit.

He ( Poet )does not appear mysterious to me. I do think he was killed. That makes me think how sadness affects people, makes poets out of some and killers and suicide bombers out of others.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 05:50 pm
Excuse us Dr.Mom. Nobody showed an interest in this thread or poem so we just started chatting. I am very glad somebody else responded to this poem. I think it is very good, in fact I started putting it to music. I got half way done but have not finished yet. I hope you have not dismissed us yet.
0 Replies

DrMom

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 08:57 pm
No, But I am interested in commentin on the poetry only. In this thread anyways.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:52 pm
By far, from what I have seen 'Here we will stay is his best. In my opinion.
0 Replies

DrMom

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 08:32 pm
I like the " All I Have Too"

Who knows may be he could have been the Nelson Mandela of that region, if he did not die young.

Quote:
When he gets popular in the states we can say we liked him first, ey.

Do you think he stands a chance with competitors like J springer and B Spears?
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 04:30 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:

All I Have

I never carried a rifle
On my shoulder
Or pulled a trigger.
All I have
Is a flute's melody
A brush to paint my dreams,
A bottle of ink.

All I have
Is unshakeable faith
And an infinite love
For my people in pain.

-Tawfig Zayyad

yeah - i miss amigo -i've been thinking a lot about the Palestinians in Gaza, having to dig tunnels under ground into Egypt to get food - the hell they are in and how Amigo would have been okay with me for thinking about those people dying out there and how bad it makes me feel -
How much like a freak it makes me feel to care about them - when they.... you know, wear checkered head scarfs GOD FORBID

Oh yeah i forgot - don't mention the Palestinians ...shshhshhhh

Amigo

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:47 pm
@Endymion,
You can not have empathy and be a good nationalist. All good, healthy, enlightened people have empathy and make bad nationalist.

"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppression of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day" Thomas Jefferson.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:50 pm
@Amigo,
where is that mormon dude?

(welcome back)
0 Replies