They're back. The Falcons of Water Street, New York.

farmerman

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:20 pm
life can be cruel. Im sure the first hatchlings will peck the eggs of those that were lain later. UNLESS, we can convince Joe to climb out on the ledge and "hack" (steal) the eggs from the 27th and 29th inst..
They could then be artificially incubated and raised as productive members of NY society.

Think about it Joe. We can pitch in and buy you some chain mail , case momma wants to presscharges.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 05:17 am
First, you will have to pay for the therapy to get rid of my acrophobia.

As Steve Allen once said "There are only two basic fears: loud noises and falling from a great height. I've combined those, I am afraid of making a loud noise as I fall from a great height."

Joe(you should have been there during parachute training)Nation
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 06:05 am
ok ok, we got you covered on the therapy, the chain mail , and a harness. Now quit whining and get out on the ledge and hack 2 eggs. Bring em in and put them in an oven at warm. Put a bowl of water in there and , be available to your new family.
You will be the coolest guy in NY with 2 peregrines perched on your shoulders as you try to get a cab. Nobody's gonna screw with you anymore.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 06:50 am
ha!

~~~~~~~~~~

farmerman - The Dead Dog Cafe is coming back! click and CBC link with broadcast times and synopsis ...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 07:54 am
Be still my beating heart.. JAsper Friendly Bear and Gracie will be back!!!!? I must go and visit the links tosee where I can pick up this show on Us airwaves.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 12:47 pm
They've hatched out and raised four on that perch before, I am hoping it will happen again. It will most certainly happen before I climb out there.

If I did there would be daily reports for a time regarding the man clutching onto the railing with a force sufficient to dent the steel, ending with the comment "I thought once the chicks began to peck his eyes out he would let go, but no."

Joe(Aiee! AARGH! OW! OW! OWIE!!)Nation
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 01:06 pm
Souls may soar, but sensible bodies stay grounded.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 09:55 am
Thanks, Joe, for letting me know about this.

I'll keep tuning in.

For those who don't make it down to the Wildlife forum, there's the bald eagle webcam thread here.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 04:33 am
Is that a piece of broken shell next to her?

Joe(Or I am just nuts?)Nation

The Boids is here (Click)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 09:28 am
I can't tell.

She's fidgety this morning, sitting higher than usual and moving around more. Couldn't tell if the white fluffy stuff under her head is a hatchling or just the lighter feathers on her breast. But I did see eggs under her when she moved farther back into the corner. No news yet on the "Falcon News" page.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:59 am
what the heck is going on?
something's going on.
what's going on?

something is definitely going on
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 11:10 am
There were definitely some little white fluffy things in there.

Now a parent is in there again.

Something's happened/happening.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 12:15 pm
Yes?!

(running back to check webcam again)

Ooh! They've zoomed in the #1 camera. Wish Mama would move around so I could get a good look.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 12:33 pm
Is she turning eggs or babies?

She's really busy again.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 12:37 pm
(still watching)

Yes, there are still at least two eggs, and twice I've been almost certain I saw a baby! (Impossible to be sure because Mama's breast feathers are downy white like hatchlings would be.) Pretty sure that's a large piece of eggshell in the right corner, though. Will keep watching.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 12:45 pm
I saw it! I saw it!

There is definitely at least one hatchling!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 12:50 pm
Two!

There are two hatchlings!!!

Mama has gotten off them to eat something. Still two eggs there, but definitely two chicks! (They are so tiny!)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 12:54 pm
what's the parent bird doing? Shredding lunch?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 01:03 pm
On April 2, Joe Nation wrote:
It will be the first of May before we see any hatching...

Good call, Joe!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 01:19 pm
Eva wrote:
Pretty sure that's a large piece of eggshell in the right corner, though.

that's what I thought too

(did you see the part where she was sorta standing over her collection?)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:31:49