Bonsai Kittens For Sale!!!

Linkat

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 11:57 am
Who has not been stricken with the expressive grace of Japanese Bonsai? Bonsai plants have been available to fortunate consumers throughout the world for some time. With this in mind, we are proud to now offer to you the animal complement of this art form; the Bonsai Kitten.

The flexibility of the kitten's skeleton means that if the bones are gently warped at this early age, they can be molded into any desired shape. At Bonsai Kitten, we achieve this by placing the kitten into a rigid vessel soon after birth, and allowing the young cat to grow out its formative time entirely within this container. Once the cat is fully developed, it is removed , producing the lovable, furry pet in the shape you've always dreamed of!

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/squishGray.jpg

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/bkintro.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 191,034 • Replies: 292

roger

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 01:49 pm
This is a very old hoax, and a disgusting one at that. I'm surprised to see it attached to your name, linkat.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 01:55 pm
Laughing
that is funny!!!

here is a cute bonsai kittie for ya.
http://img169.exs.cx/img169/6382/kitten8va.jpg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 07:19 pm
Oh, roger I knew it was a hoax! I just found it funny that there are people that actually believed in it. I wanted to see if anyone would response saying …how horrible…I can’t believe they are doing this…etc., but you ruined it by letting it slip out of the bag. Now I can’t find out who is really gullible here.

I couldn’t find it disgusting because it so ridiculous to begin with. The website is really a hoot.

Love the kitty shewolfnm
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 07:46 pm
Hoax or not, ugh!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 08:14 pm
No doubt msolga! Also, how do we know that people wern't trying to do this to their kitties after they read about the bonsai cat hoax!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 08:18 pm
Hi, Pessy. I'm considering the quality of mind that would dream it up in the first place.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 08:59 pm
I would never dream up such an act.

Kitties are so much happier when they're flying.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 06:03 am
I'm very touchy about "funny" cruelty animal jokes at the moment. We've had a spate of incidents involving terrible cruelty to kittens here in Melbourne & Sydney recently. Boys inflicting torture, basically. It has really shocked people. It started with one act which received publicity in the media, then was followed by a couple of copy-cat incidents. I would be just as upset if it was any other defenceless animal that was treated in this way. Anyway, it seems some people don't know where to draw the line between what's "fun" & what's unacceptable. I'm not suggesting that people here who find the "bonsai kitty" stuff amusing are in same category as the stupid boys who did this stuff. All I'm saying is that ANYTHING that appears to endorse such disrespect for animals could well influence some very ignorant & insensitive people out there. That's why I find this thread & these photographs distasteful. Sorry, but I feel very strongly about this.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:15 am
To me this is like blaming violent video games and violent TV to children doing violent acts. Anyone who would copycat such a thing would probably still abuse an animal, but in a different way. It would not incite some one who is not an animal abuser to become one.

The whole website is so silly, I cannot even picture it being abusive. What is different about the pictures on the website and the picture shewolfn sent and different about other silly kitty pictures? I am a huge animal lover and don’t even like hunting, much less anything that is abusive, but I can still find humor in something so utterly ridiculous you cannot even classify it close to being abusive.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:29 am
We'll have to disagree on that, Linkat. I see enough evidence of ill treatment of cats, in particular, around me ... often. A lot of people think cats are "vermin" according to the president of the RSPCA here in Oz. Kids (generally boys) pick up this message & think it's OK to treat cats badly. I see the bonsai-thing as simply more of that sort of attitude. I don't think the cats in the photographs were having fun at the time.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:10 am
I'm not saying that you think any poor treatment of any animal is ok but the reason people get so bent out of shape on issues like this is because Americans/Canadians/Australians view cats as pets. You (and I mean people in general, not specifically you) don't think about how poorly the cow who is now your burger was treated but you don't hesitate to condemn anyone who doesn't treat cats and dogs like mini humans.Just because you think cats are pets doesn't mean everyone does. They eat cats in other countries. Dogs too. Pets are a cultural thing. You'd be appalled at what they do to dogs in other countries. One in specific (I cannot for the life of me remember what tribe or culture it was) literally choose one dog from the community, beat it to death with a stick, roasted it and ate it. One every year. It was ritual for something. I don't think that is particularly humane but they don't see a problem with it because it is part of their culture.

Just a little opinion from lil ol' me.

Just curious to see if you eat meat, msolga.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:26 am
My roomate's cousin went to school with this guy who's girlfriend was from a country where they eat dogs. Or maybe it was ducks?

Either way, I'm offended you brought up that people eat those.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:27 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
My roomate's cousing went to school with this guy who's girlfriend was from a country where they eat dogs. Or maybe it was ducks?

Either way, I'm offended you brought up that people eat those.

good...my work here is done..... :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 10:04 am
Cows may not be well treated, but if they are subjected to sadistic torture, I'm not aware of it. I'm sure it happens, but we haven't posted such a website.

Of course the cats weren't having fun, msolga. It's like tickling a baby's feet. Some people think it's fun. Babies don't.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:27 am
I have two kitties and I view them as more than pets, I view them as part of my family. One I had before I was even married so her and me are especially close. I also torture my kitties. I hold their paws up and make them dance sometimes. They really don’t like it very much. Besides that they are pampered spoiled things.

The website was actually started my MIT students that were satirizing the human belief of nature as a commodity.
The students were not suggesting that people actually torture kittens. You could compare it to Jonathan Swift when he was not actually suggesting that the rich should eat the children of the poor when he wrote “A Modest Proposal.”

Here is a disclaimer on the site I found quite amusing…. “For entertainment purposes only! Not recommended for persons under the age of 18, those with an IQ below 100, the gullible, those lacking a sense of humor, and above all, those who believe in Santa Clause. (It must be noted that Santa himself got quite a chuckle out of it however).
Further, This ad is stictly bogus. All checks and money orders will be donated to the local pet cemetary, who, btw have yet to register any complaints of abuse or unusual activities towards cats, kittens, deformed trees, LongNecks, or clueless retards who believe this...”

However, I can understand that some people would find it offensive. It just take a lot for me to be offended, especially if I feel some one is doing something in humor and noting meaning to hurt.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:37 am
Damn you A2K!

http://www.wobshite.co.uk/b3ta/ugly_cat.jpg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:51 am
Is that a cat?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:13 pm
roger wrote:
Cows may not be well treated, but if they are subjected to sadistic torture, I'm not aware of it. .

It is called veal.
Those poor baby cows are put in small pens so they do not develop strong muscle tone ( to keep the meat tender ) and then they have thier neck sliced ( like other cows ) and are left to ' drain' so that they can be taken to the factory to be turned into veal steaks.
( sad.. )
I think, im not positive though, that veal is loosing its acceptablilty because of the conditions the baby cows are placed in inorder to produce this type of meat.
At least, I would hope so .
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:15 pm
http://www.noveal.org/photos.htm

here is a website that has pictures of the types of cages baby cows are put in to ' keep them tender'
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bonsai Kittens For Sale!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:57:57