What happens after the GOP repeals Obamacare?

giujohn

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 09:18 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

As near as I can figure, the Republican "replacement plan" is to shift it all to the individual states. Since the states have been derelict in that respect, historically, I predict that means most states will continue cutting services instead of actually having health care of any sort. Except for elected officials of course. The state will help you if you are elected to state office.

Well maybe you should invest in body bags.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 09:33 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

As near as I can figure, the Republican "replacement plan" is to shift it all to the individual states. Since the states have been derelict in that respect, historically, I predict that means most states will continue cutting services instead of actually having health care of any sort. Except for elected officials of course. The state will help you if you are elected to state office.

This is called "making America grate again."
giujohn

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 09:39 am
@edgarblythe,
Ooooh very clever Edgar.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 11:07 am
@edgarblythe,
I've never expected much from the GOP. History has shown that all the social benefits we now enjoy were created by the democrats. The GOP now wants to repeal ACA. Why Americans want them in office is a mystery.
giujohn

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 01:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's not a mystery to the 62 million people who voted for him.😏
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 01:18 pm
@giujohn,
Why would any sane GOP covered under ACA want to lose their health insurance. They're not sane? They prefer to lose their health insurance?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 01:52 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

It is only a mystery to the 65 million of us who voted against him.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 02:48 pm
http://images.dailykos.com/images/351574/story_image/1257.png
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 02:53 pm
@maxdancona,
guijohn's 62 million just elected a racial bigot, scammer, liar, and women hater. That speaks volumes about the ignorance and bigotry of the American voters and guijohn. Millions of women around the world demonstrated against Trump. Trump's inauguration was one of the lowest attended in the past 40 years. Some people are ignorant of the message against Trump when his inauguration was ignored by many, and the women around the world demonstrate against this bigot.
https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5824ed01e4b034e38990bfeb/amp?client=safari

http://www.gallup.com/poll/201977/trump-pre-inauguration-favorables-remain-historically-low.aspx
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 02:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Worldwide mass protest against Trump. guijohn is probably deaf.
https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN15608K?client=safari
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 07:35 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

giujohn wrote:

It is only a mystery to the 65 million of us who voted against him.

I agree...But then I've been told, mystery loves company...Or is that misery...Fits either way I guess.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 01:33 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Well we'll have to wait and see won't we?

During his press conference Trump said they would be simultaneously repealing and replacing.

This suggests they do have something, but then we would all be better off believing you and WaPo.

Right?

Apparently, the WaPo and I are believable. You, Trump and the Republicans are not.

GOP health-care bill: House Republican leaders abruptly pull their rewrite of the nation’s health-care law

Quote:
Republican leaders abruptly pulled their overhaul of the nation’s health-care system from the House floor on Friday, a dramatic defeat for President Trump and House Speaker Paul D. Ryan that leaves a major campaign promise unfulfilled and casts doubt on the Republican Party’s ability to govern.

Trump said he would not ask Republican leaders to reintroduce the legislation in the coming weeks, and congressional leaders made clear that the bill — known as the American Health Care Act — was dead.

Shortly after the decision, Ryan told reporters his party “came really close today, but we came up short.” He added: “We’re going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future.”

They had seven years to come up with an alternative to Obamacare. All they concentrated on was its repeal, and this turd of a bill that the Republicans themselves couldn't stand to sniff was all they could offer. Pathetic.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 01:39 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

They had seven years to come up with an alternative to Obamacare. All they concentrated on was its repeal, and this turd of a bill that the Republicans themselves couldn't stand to sniff was all they could offer. Pathetic.

I agree with this sentiment.

I think the house leadership has a lot to answer for in this and I hope that when this comes around again, and it will, that they've actually produced something that has been vetted and will fix the issues that Obamacare has created.

The one thing that I am having a problem with is how so many leftists are laying this at the feet of Trump. As though this is a result of his work. He was told by the RNC that Obamacare had to be repealed and that this would work.
farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 05:25 am
@McGentrix,
His obstinacy and "know it all attitudes" have crapped up developing a cross party "retinue" of constant supporters so that he could have taken on some more popular tasks and then eased into a plan of "Hey, in order to make this people centered, lets take Obama care and really fix it so it can work for us". Right now hes losing some of his peripheral base because they are thinking ahead to reelection challengers
Many of our popular programs had been multigenerational.
American politicians really never have to prove that they have the sense of a billy goat.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 11:25 am
@McGentrix,
Sounds about as tragic as Trump's five years of challenging Obama's birth in the US.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 01:18 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
The one thing that I am having a problem with is how so many leftists are laying this at the feet of Trump.

You should try listening to yourself sometime.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 01:30 pm
@centrox,
He's already in an echo chamber; he repeats himself.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 02:47 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
The one thing that I am having a problem with is how so many leftists are laying this at the feet of Trump. As though this is a result of his work. He was told by the RNC that Obamacare had to be repealed and that this would work.

So you're letting him off for taking the other Republicans at their word without looking into it himself and backing their bill blindly? Really?
McGentrix

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 02:56 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

McGentrix wrote:
The one thing that I am having a problem with is how so many leftists are laying this at the feet of Trump.

You should try listening to yourself sometime.

Why? Did Trump write the bill? Maybe you should listen to Blatham's daily drivel less instead.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 02:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
Trump is the one who promised to "repeal and replace Obamacare."
His own party voted against him. Didn't need any democrats to say nay.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:55:31