DOES ANYONE HAVE A FAVORITE FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE I CAN TRY?

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 11:08 pm
I have experimented with different fried chicken recipes and methods. Some of the recipes the chicken turned out good. Some of the recipes the chicken didn't turn out so good. I still haven't found that one great fried chicken recipe. Does anyone have a favorite fried chicken recipe?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,321 • Replies: 3
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 08:32 am
@Real Music,
brine the chicken for about an hour, dry it out and then coat it with whatever .

0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 10:10 am
@Real Music,
I use the twice fried method for Korean style fried chicken since I like it crispy but not too crusty.

Dry the chicken, toss in corn starch and set aside then dip in a runny flour and water batter, fry for about 8 minutes, drain, then refry for about another 6-8 minutes. For best results use smaller pieces of chicken -- wings, thighs, legs. I typically don't use a sauce.

There are lots of recipes online. Look up Korean twice fried chicken.
0 Replies

Cassie84

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 04:48 am
@Real Music,
Fried chicken made at home is our staple dish for every weekend!
Here's what I do:
- Submerge chicken pieces in buttermilk and leave in fridge overnight for the flavor to seep in.
- In a paper bag separately, mix together salt, pepper and flour along with tabasco.
- Coat the chicken pieces kept in fridge overnight with the above mixture.
- Heat some oil and place the chicken into it (the oil is just hot enough when it begins to bubble immediately when a piece of chicken is put into it).
- Lower the heat and allow it to fry for about 12-15 minutes in bubbling oil. After that, turn the pieces over and let it fry for the same duration of time again.
- Drain, add some salt and lemon juice to it and serve.
0 Replies