What is our aim ?

manden

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:49 am
To reach the true(eternal) life .
And what is the way ?
With reason , logic and moral (the best we have from our creator of the universe) we can recognize it :
We must learn to live in real harmony with his creation .
Our problem is : we cannot do it !
W H Y ?

donna downing

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 11:14 am
@manden,
I do think we can there just so many material things and temptations that hinders us temporarily but if we are truly believers then we may remedy that and fulfill our destinies. Perfection is only found in God which means that us humans commit mistakes. Since God is forgiving, we have the chance to correct our mistakes. If we have unwavering faith, everlasting love, the moral and compassion to reach out to others and love them as we love ourselves then it is very possible to reach eternal life.
manden

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 12:28 pm
@donna downing,
@donna
The question is , why can't we live in harmony with the creation .
The religions cannot help you with that .
The reason : all religions are manmade with manmade Gods
That you can see since many thousand years .
We must try to recognize at the universe that the real creator of the universe
really exists !
Then we are able to learn to live in real harmony with his creation .
That is possible (I could do it) , but it is immensely difficult for this ill mankind .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 01:27 pm
@manden,
W H Y?
Quote:
O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. (Jeremiah 10:23)
manden

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 01:32 pm
@neologist,
all religions are manmade and in the main wrong
neologist

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 01:36 pm
@manden,
manden wrote:
all religions are manmade and in the main wrong
So you aver.
But if an all powerful God exists, one who has instilled in us our sublime quality of love, surely he would have that quality to its highest degree. It would then become axiomatic that he would make some explanation to us as to why we have war and crime and sickness and death.
manden

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 01:46 pm
@neologist,
There is the real creator of the universe .
That means also that we have reason , logic , moral from and also love -
but that is not very important . Our Problem is , we are not able to use
that in the right way . W H Y ?
neologist

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 01:17 am
@manden,
It is unthinkable that any God would create intelligent beings with such well rounded qualities of love and justice and then leave them to wallow in thousands of years of misery from crime and sickness without explanation or guidance. That is why the atheist position seems so reasonable to many.

If there's no God - well that explains it all.

I choose to follow my well considered inclinations to believe there is indeed a God who has caused his message to be recorded. This God has also provided a hope for mankind that our servitude to evil will soon end.

We can't solve the problems for ourselves, because we are not only incapable, but it is also not within our prerogative.
Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 04:38 am
@neologist,
Ah, the idiot thesis . . . we're so flawed that we cannot solve our own problems, the problems foisted on us by your cartoon god. Therefore, we need that cartoon god to save us from ourselves--the flawed creatures that this allegedly omnipotent and omniscient god created.

That's why the position of the majority of atheists is: "I don't believe that."
neologist

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 11:37 am
@Setanta,
Agreed. With exception to the cause of the problem.
Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 12:36 pm
@neologist,
You think your way, and i'll think the right way.
0 Replies

Nova Flare Q

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 01:54 pm
@manden,
Disregarding the rude intrusion of Satante (oops, I meant Setanta), I shall offer the answer.

It all started, accordingly, in the Garden of Eden. You do appear to be religious, so I won't have to go into too much explanation, as this is for you only, with the exception that other people can see it.

I'm sure we all know about the story on how Satan deceived Eve in the Garden. He/it got her to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good&bad through twisted logic and emotional manipulation. Eve was only young in experience vs. a renegade power-&worship-hungry angel that lived for eons with the goal of essentially becoming a god, but, nonetheless, she made the decision to eat of the fruit, and got Adam to eat it as well. Something must have been in the fruit to cause the diminishing of the DNA, as it more-or-less immediately altered their behavior, giving them the impulse to cover themselves up. If you've read the account of Noah, and see what it says about the Nephilim, it's pretty clear how we are at the stage we are today.

Noah lived long enough to see the founding of Babylon 200 years approx before his death. I wonder how that made him feel.

-Anyway, coming back from that diversion, the diminishing of our DNA over millions of years has caused the great divide between our co-existence with nature. We instinctively know that we should possess more abilities such as increased strength, life, and increased brain power (Wearable robotics, computers, Brain-Computer Interfaces, Biomechatronics, obsessions with cybernetic and genetic enhancement, etc.) On a side note, I am heavily interested on the technological subjects mentioned above, as I enjoy creating things. But that's another story, seeing as we'll be perfect in a New World.

So there you have it. That is the incredibly and undeservedly short explanation on why we are at the state we are in. Please feel free to ask any other question(s).
neologist

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 02:37 pm
@Nova Flare Q,
I have never confused Setanta's mordant criticism with rudeness. I figure he, like most unbelievers, has powerful points of reason.

Points requiring emphasis.
Nova Flare Q

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 03:47 pm
@neologist,
I see. You have a point there.

I simply deducted from his other posts that he was rude, as I have recently browsed through his topics history. The way he goes about his criticism is entirely impolite and aggressive/confrontational in appearance (put very gently) and deviates from the original topic at hand, which gives me the impression that he is rude, or worse.

You are extremely tolerant in your point of view, to such a degree where you deserve admiration. However, there is a line that is drawn between tolerance and discipline, and he does not appear to be disciplined. I believe this point requires emphasis as well.

You have more experience than I do, of course. I'm just stating my observation from what I have observed from multiple different current posts.
djjd62

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 03:50 pm
What is our aim ?

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0000/650/MI0000650999.jpg?partner=allrovi.com
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 04:13 pm
@Nova Flare Q,
Were we to meet walking our dogs, we might sit on a park bench, sipping our coffees and, so long as we did not bring up the subject of religion, we would then walk away thinking we had each found a friend.
0 Replies

think rethink

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 08:36 am
@manden,
Good morning bro,
Here is what I picked up.
Observing the laws of nature the way we are able to,
It is obvious that we are a creation, caused by stuff bigger then our minds can put up with,

It also appears to you,
That by analyzing the work, we can get to know better the craftsman, learn more about his style, taste, preferences, and maybe even ideas, plans, and goals.

I understood, you are claiming some success in it, and also wondering why so few get it.

If I got you good,

Please describe your findings, I, Am very curious.

A few years back, when I still didn't respect my limitations, I was quite convinced, that by studying creation, we can learn more about it's crator.

In the meantime,
It appears to me that, most people don't care about reality, they do not notice what is really out there in the real creation,

Humans draw a creation that suits them best,
Without much regard, Wheather creation accommodates their version of reality or not.

Therefore, studying something which exist in fantasy only,
Will only result in getting to know the fantasist better.
manden

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 04:17 am
@think rethink,
@think rethink

I have it explained in my new topic : HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO RECOGNIZE
AT THE UNIVERSE THAT THE REAL CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE
REALLY EXISTS?
I was blocked here for one week .
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 11:39 pm
@manden,
manden wrote:

To reach the true(eternal) life .

Prove that there is such a thing, and then you'll have an argument. What are your premises that necessarily lead to that and only that conclusion?
manden

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 04:29 am
@FBM,
The answer is simple :
If there is the real creator of the universe (more of him is not recognizable)
than there is the hope for a true(eternal) life for the mankind .
I have recognized at the universe that the real creator of the universe really
exists , so we have the hope for the true life .
There are other little things which show that this life is not senseless .
Would an unimaginable superior creator create something senseless ?
That is with our best what we have from him - reason , logic and moral -
unimaginable .