if God is good

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 06:03 am
@trichakra,
That is a generalization tri. They tend to be false.
trichakra

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 01:15 am
@33export,
God is not bad.
0 Replies

33export

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 08:18 pm
@trichakra,
Consider, also, that in heaven there's the muslim part of town, as well as the jewish and Christian neighborhoods.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 08:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

That is a generalization tri. They tend to be false.

All of them?
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 08:28 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
All of them?

I'd a said 'All' if I meant 'All'.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 09:31 am
@Leadfoot,
So then.... you are saying that not all generalizations tend to be false.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 10:30 am
@maxdancona,
Guess I should admit here that I don't even remember the context of that remark. It was 'long long ago' in cyber years.

Looking back at it now _______ I'm guessing what I meant was that generalizations are usually useless in discussions about theology. I mean, how does 'God is not bad' advance the argument of the OP? It's a useless generalization. Does he agree with the OP hypothesis or is he saying 'Well, God may not be good, but - He's not bad'. Made me chuckle though

I mean, talk about damning with faint praise!
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:39 pm
joe1243 wrote:

Of course God is Good. But some of us don't want to follow his commandments.
God is love and can't do something wrong. As it says in the bible in John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
God is love .
http://iheartpray.com/

Yep, love destroyed the world in a flood. Nuked two towns killing everyone including children. Killed every first born in Egypt. Killed some children using two bears for mocking a guy for being bald. Cast out two people for doing something he could have prevented but didn't. Which had he prevented wouldn't have forced every human to suffer.

Any time someone says, "god is love" is full of male cow feces.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 06:26 am
@Krumple,
It's the thought that counts : )
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 11:43 am
@annaluv,
annaluv wrote:

if God is good, and someone told me he controls all why is there death, why does he let people die like my mom who was a good person. why is there canser? why wars, crime and so on. how is god love when he makes all of this happen? if he loved me hw ouldnt allow so much pain would he?

It is wrong to think Gods only attribute is goodness.
0 Replies

chirchri

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 02:05 am
@annaluv,
Anyway , keep faith.. everything will be ok
0 Replies

2ndGenONE

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:10 pm
@CoastalRat,
So one person from (supposedly) 6,000 years ago made god change his view on how the world should be run? Sounds a little irresponsible if you ask me. You'd think he would change his opinions after that long so as to run his planet better.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2017 07:15 am
@2ndGenONE,
He gave the job of 'running this world' to men.

How'r ya doin?
0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 10:27 am
@annaluv,
First I want to say how sorry I am for your loss. My Dad has an inoperable aneurism the size of a football. Right now he is driving around in his wheelchair and singing his heart out. That really is the best I can hope for, to see him so happy. We all know this won't end good, but we know he is going to heaven to be with his brothers and his mother, who had faith In God like you would not believe which she imparted to all her boys.
I don't know if it is good to assume that our lives are limited to our consciousness. The bible says it isn't. The bible says there is a war going on for our souls, angels warring demons, which we can't see. I don't know if it is good to assume that we were only meant for this life. Jesus says that his kingdom is not of this world. The bible says it isn't. Jesus tells us that his father has a mansion in heaven with many rooms and he has a place prepared there for us. It would seem like this world is a stopover place to where God wants us to be.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 08:14 am
@annaluv,
The World IS Good!
A world without challenges frailty and efememerus beauty is meaningless, worse, impossible!
0 Replies

bjacky

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 10:28 am
@annaluv,
God allows people to make their own decisions through agency which is the reason for war and crime. War and crime come from, jealousy, anger and selfishness. God can't keep people from being jealous, angry and selfish, it is a personal decision one has to make. I can overcome those feelings through Jesus Christ who came down and took upon himself all sins and I can be forgiven of my past sins and try again.

The one death that matters most that people miss is the death from our Father when we each made the conscious decision to rebel against Him and His laws. When I rebel against God and His laws, I am severed from Him. Through Jesus Christ, that connection can still exist if I try my best to follow His example. Jesus Christ also swallowed up the sting of death. He was the first to rise from the dead and have his spirit and body reunited.

This can happen to all of us and our loved ones through the resurrection which also comes through faith. Your mom is still there. She still exists because He still exists. Get close to God and study His words and his laws and He will teach you, comfort you and bless you and you will also bless those around you. You will be able to see things how God sees things and the bigger picture of the eternities.

Then in a coming time, you will embrace your mother again and other loved ones and if you tried to follow God's laws, you will also embrace your Savior Jesus Christ and if you read His words you will know Him and He will know you and you will feel a fullness of joy from the top of your head down to your toes in every element of your body.

Being in the presence of the Savior is a feeling that no drug or any other thing that this world has to offer can compare. It is a feeling that we have all felt before when we lived back in the presence of the Father before this life. It is a feeling that we are all searching for in this life. The prophet Jacob said it best:

"But, behold, the righteous, the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel, they who have endured the crosses of the world, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God, which was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, and their joy shall be full forever.

And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam.

And he suffereth this that the resurrection might pass upon all men, that all might stand before him at the great and judgment day.

And he commandeth all men that they must repent, and be baptized in his name, having perfect faith in the Holy One of Israel, or they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God.

O then, my beloved brethren, come unto the Lord, the Holy One. Remember that his paths are righteous. Behold, the way for man is narrow, but it lieth in a straight course before him, and the keeper of the gate is the Holy One of Israel; and he employeth no servant there; and there is none other way save it be by the gate; for he cannot be deceived, for the Lord God is his name.

And whoso knocketh, to him will he open; and the wise, and the learned, and they that are rich, who are puffed up because of their learning, and their wisdom, and their riches—yea, they are they whom he despiseth; and save they shall cast these things away, and consider themselves fools before God, and come down in the depths of humility, he will not open unto them.

But the things of the wise and the prudent shall be hid from them forever—yea, that happiness which is prepared for the saints.

Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.

Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto him continually by day, and give thanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts rejoice."

- 2 Nephi 9:18, 21-23, 41 - 43, 51 - 53
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2017 11:21 pm
@annaluv,
Quote:
if God is good, and someone told me he controls all why is there death, why does he let people die like my mom who was a good person. why is there canser? why wars, crime and so on. how is god love when he makes all of this happen? if he loved me hw ouldnt allow so much pain would he?

The biblical explanation is that God created man to be obedient by his own will.

When the first man ate the prohibited fruit, his body became infected and his children inherited by process of genetics the degraded status.

Then, God has been preparing a new way to preserve humans with a new body which will be incorruptible.

Until then, generation after generation since Adam still are having problems with the degraded genetic composition in our bodies.

The question or, the point is, why God is taking too long for the repair of the human condition.

So far, no one knows, but it appears that God is preparing a good plan.

Hope God does it right at this time, because another failure.. really... really... really is unacceptable.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 07:18 am
@cameronleon,
Was it a failure? Lots of Americans died when the U.S. entered WWII; did they fail?

I tend to think the plan succeded spectacularly.
As the old Hellman's commercial used to say:

"If you're going to make mayonnaise, you've got to break some eggs ."
cameronleon

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 12:02 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
As the old Hellman's commercial used to say:

"If you're going to make mayonnaise, you've got to break some eggs ."

Apparently it was not breaking eggs only but breaking its own hands in the process... just look at the debt in trillions of dollars and keep going up... if you don't call "a failure" to that...then I don't know how to call it...

My regards.
cruzlorenzo

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 05:54 am
@annaluv,
Because withiut all these things there won't be any harmony in the world, nobody is perfect) God? If you believe in God you can talk to him, he may hear you
0 Replies