Gel Polish Bar - guess what the business is?

Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:38 am
There used to be this nice frozen yogurt place owned by someone locally. Unfortunately it did not do alot of business so it closed.

In its place is the Gel Polish Bar. I am thinking what could that be like? I immediately think some sort of Bar with a Polish twist but what is the Gel? Maybe a sort of Polish food? I know Polish individuals and to my personal taste this might make sense (not a fan of Polish food).

Picture something like this:

http://www.annaeverywhere.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/galareta1.jpg

I looked them up so I know what they are now - was a complete surprise - so what do you think the Gel Polish Bar serves?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,933 • Replies: 41
No top replies

chai2

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:43 am
@Linkat,
Ok, I'll give a guess, then look them up. But I won't give it away when I do.

I think...maybe a skin care place? Like a day spa?

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:45 am
BTW, that picture is disgusting.

Looked it up....Aha! Hee Hee!
Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:50 am
@chai2,
Well at least you can understand why I never thought of stopping in as that is what I thought they might be serving.

And I thought bar and Polish made sense (it was the gel I couldn't quite grasp)- I grew up in area that had a lot of Polish people and they and bars seemed to get along well.

I am not blond by the way.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 09:58 am
@Linkat,
I've been in a 'Polish' restaurant in Chicago .... and noticed that nearly all the food served was actually German.

As is this pictured 'gel' (aspic).
(You got such food decades ago in pubs, which didn't have a kitchen for hot food.)
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 11:59 am
http://f.tqn.com/y/easteuropeanfood/1/W/x/m/-/-/jellied-pigs-feet-a.jpg
"Gel " (aspic) dishes are common across Eastern Europe. If the picture shows up, it is jellied pig's feet, galareta z nóżek ("jelly legs").
Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:12 pm
So I give you all a hint that is not what Gel Polish Bar is serving up that "delicable" gel type dishes.

Any other thoughts ?
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:13 pm
In England we have something called "brawn" which is kind of similar, except it is usually served in slices and often eaten in a sandwich or bread roll. You can buy it in delis alongside ham etc.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s142/dalvvv/paine_headcheese.jpg
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:14 pm
Is it in Hanover, MA by any chance?
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:15 pm
Also it's nothing to do with Poland?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:46 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
yeah but you weren't supposed to look it up - I wanted you to guess what it would serve had you seen the name in passing so no telling.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:49 pm
@Linkat,
Well, if it's "to polish" and "gel" - I would add nails.
Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 02:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Not everyone thinks blond like me --

This place had been there for months, and any time I drive by I am befuddled thinking it is a Polish bar as in Poland and wonder why the h*ll they call it a a Gel Polish Bar an not just a Polish bar.

I finally decided to look it up and imagine my surprise when I realized no food was served (or drinks for that matter). Maybe it was a blind spot in that it was a yogurt place before and I had only envisioned food going in there.

It would have been funny though if I decided to walk in for some Polish fare.

Never associated polish always just thought it had to do with Poland. Just wasn't sure if anyone else ever thought the way I do.

I will have to bring it up to some locals and see if anyone at all that it was what I thought it was.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 03:46 pm
Maybe it's a gender thing; my girlfriend and daughter both knew at once what kind of a place it is.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 03:57 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
when I realized no food was served (or drinks for that matter).

if it is anything like gel polish bars around here, they will offer tea/coffee/juice/water to you
Ragman

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 04:44 pm
@Linkat,
wonder why the didn't call it a nail salon?
roger

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 04:57 pm
Polish bar? Probably vodka.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 05:04 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Well don't think so - considering I am a woman and I do get my nails done on occassion.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 05:06 pm
@ehBeth,
nah I looked on line and the bar part is that they make it look like a bar - the ratings for this gel polish bar were low and service said it was pretty bad. At least for whoever wrote in - there were not many.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 05:24 pm
@Ragman,
because gel polish is a specialty nail process and that's all some nail places do - they want people to know that

1. Forums
  2. » Gel Polish Bar - guess what the business is?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:09:38