Vibrant Ariana grande red hair just dyed...

Sun 5 Jul, 2015 06:52 pm
I need to know EVERYTHING to keep my hair from fading. I got my hair professionally dyed and I didn't know I was supposed to not wash my hair for 48hours! I found that out AFTER I washed my hair 2 times. I'm going to a water park this week and I can't keep my hair out of the chlorine. What can I do before and after the chlorine water to protect my hair? I'm going to put sunscreen and a hat on for the sun. Also, is John Frieda red shampoo/conditioner OR dove color vibrancy better for red hair? I'm freaking out because I DONT want my hair to fade! And I don't have a lot of money for expensive products.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,035 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

ehBeth

Sun 5 Jul, 2015 08:07 pm
@Ashleyjadek,
1. stay out of the water in the water park

2. stay out of the water in the water park

3. stay out of the water in the water park

protect hair from the sun while you're staying out of the water

if you want the colour not to slide out quickly, you have to avoid water and sun

I like the John Frieda colour products but even with using them regularly, you've got to protect the colour.

Even if your natural colour has red undertones, red fades quickly and you've got to work at keeping it bright.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 5 Jul, 2015 08:09 pm
@Ashleyjadek,
Ashleyjadek wrote:
I was supposed to not wash my hair for 48hours! I found that out AFTER I washed my hair 2 times.

wait

you washed your hair twice within 48 hours? that's not good for your hair even if it's not coloured
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 5 Jul, 2015 08:14 pm
@Ashleyjadek,
Listen to Beth and keep your hair out of the chlorine. Couldn't hurt to ask your colorist if she/he can recommend something to use on your hair for max protection.
0 Replies

vividamnesia

Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:25 pm
@Ashleyjadek,
I usually offer fashion fresh colored clients the option of a clear coat to seal in the color its like a clear coat of nail polish for your hair.Plaster your hair with conditioner if going to a h20 park it will act as a barrier and stop water from penetrating through to the hair shaft. Skip shampooing as often as you can and use tepid h20 for rinsing conditioning only. If you give it a good rinse in tepid h20 and condition only skipping the shampoo because shampoo roughens up the cuticle to get hair clean releasing color molecules bonded to the cuticle and just below it where as conditioner has acidic qualities and is formulated to smooth out/close down the roughed cuticle sealing in color. The hotter the h20 the more it opens/roughs up the cuticle which we want to do everything to keep it closed and keep all the color molecules locked in place.UV also causes color fading so wear a hat/bandanna, run a little sun screen through hair or get a leave in product with UV protection in it. Avoid submerging hair in chlorinated h20. Towel blot when drying never rub hair dry rubbing can cause unnecessary cuticle roughness. Go pick up a jar of manic panic vampire red or punky colors red or any other color thats deposit only as these are safe to use and non ammonia so no processing is needed just slop it on dry hair thats fading and leave it on a good hour rinse in tepid h20 and condition. This will refresh your red nicely and is safe you could leave it on all day and it wont matter.
0 Replies